Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhotriusPyrelus

A Few Questions from a Returning Player

EDIT 2: at the top for visibility; these questions have sufficiently been answered; a couple more at the bottom.

A lot of these are going to be "Why"s that might not have known answers.

Why did Exterminate Missions get changed?  They used to have X monsters on the map and you had to kill all X.  Now it's just Kill X but there's still infinite monsters on the map.

Whatever happened to the "destroy the power core" missions?  Where you'd find this room, use (or hack?) a console and that would make all these rods pop out of a sphere and you had to shoot them all.  One of my very first missions was one of those and I really miss them.  Dat Nostalgia, tho.  That said, some of the new mission types are pretty great!  I love the spy missions, though I wish the Codex Scanner would x-ray already-scanned enemies (in blue) like it does codex completed (in green) and unscanned enemies (in orange).

When I press "Esc" and look at the squad list, it shows an S to the left of my mastery icon (to the left of my mastery number), is that because I play on steam, or what?
EDIT:  I'm stupid; this is overflow from my name which is one character too long for the box.

Why don't I have connections to the relays at Venus and at Earth (have not checked much past the inner four planets yet, doing all the junctions to catch up).

How do I finish my Frost, Rhino, and Ember primes?  I have a couple of the BPs, but they seem to be "Vaulted" and I'm not entirely certain what that means.

Prime stuff seems to be obtained from these Relic things (the Schrodinger's Cat explanation made me smile), which is cool, but what's the point of the Void and Derelicts now?  (I didn't play much in them before, but I thought the point of them was to get the prime stuff)

I may add more later, feels like I had more questions I've forgotten.

10 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

1. Why did Exterminate Missions get changed?  They used to have X monsters on the map and you had to kill all X.  Now it's just Kill X but there's still infinite monsters on the map.
2. Whatever happened to the "destroy the power core" missions?  Where you'd find this room, use (or hack?) a console and that would make all these rods pop out of a sphere and you had to shoot them all.  One of my very first missions was one of those and I really miss them.

1.Because there was an issue when doing fissure missions that sometimes all the enemies were killed and not enough reactant had dropped to open a relic.

2. Those still exist

1) They were changed for many reasons. The main ones, though, were to make finishing Exterminates easier, so that enemies spawned all over the map more frequently. Basically, this made it so you didn't have to hunt down and kill every single unit, and no longer having a finite amount of enemies made it so the objective could be completed in case they got stuck in the floor or something.

2) These still exist, there's just new "versions" for the Corpus and Grineer that are typically more common.

3) *shrugs*

4) Your MR must not be high enough for them. Either that, or they're destroyed and inaccessible currently.

5) Trade parts with other players or use up Relics that you already have of them to try and farm the Vaulted parts. Vaultings are when a series of Primes get taken off the Relic drop table in order to clear up the drop table for the newer Primes. They will be unvaulted, however, and farmable once again at a later date.

6) The Derelict is a Lith Relic farming spot and the Void is really only around for loot rooms, Argon, and the like. 

Exterminate was changed for convinience, so you don't have to tediously track down each and every enemy. There were some troubles with spawns at high level missions, so that had to deal with that too.

"Destroy the power core" a.k.a. Sabotage 1.0 was updated to more involved Sabotage 2.0 missions. They still in the game, however. Sometimes they appear in Sorties (high-level daily missions available after The War Within quest).

S to the left of your mastery number? Doesn't ring any bells. Can you take a screenshot of that?

Most of the relays were destroyed by the Grineer Fomorian fleet back at... Whenever it was. So now we have only three active ones - at Mercury, Saturn and Pluto.

"Vaulted" Prime parts and respective relics are removed from the drop tables to make room for the new ones. You can still buy them from people who have them (either blueprints or the relics), or wait for when they eventually be unvaulted and be temporarely available to farm.

Sadly, Derelict and Void are DeVoid of any real purpose now...

Also, welcome back, Tenno!

Thanks for all the answers, and so fast!  If you'll re-read the OP, you'll see that I was just being dumb with my third question.  x_x  So embarrassing.

Is there some way to use mods at a lower level?  Or do I still need to keep a full library of level 0-Max mods so I have the full flexibility to maximize my Capacity use?

For example: say I have a maxed mod that I really want to use, but I only have the capacity to use it at one level below the max.  Is there a way to use it, or do I need a second copy at one level under max?  I expect I (still) need a second mod.  Makes my mod library sooo big.  @_@

Just now, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Is there some way to use mods at a lower level?  Or do I still need to keep a full library of level 0-Max mods so I have the full flexibility to maximize my Capacity use?

For example: say I have a maxed mod that I really want to use, but I only have the capacity to use it at one level below the max.  Is there a way to use it, or do I need a second copy at one level under max?  I expect I (still) need a second mod.  Makes my mod library sooo big.  @_@

Well, now all you gear starts with more mod capacity depending on your Mastery Rank.

So, technically, when you'll have a high enough MR, you'll be able to put a lot of maxed out mods on your gear right from the start.

Or... Are you from the era before Formas and Catalysts/Reactors?

If so, then now you can add a Forma to a gear to add a specific polarity to a slot. Mods with mathing polarity take twice less capacity. And Catalysts/Reactors double the overall mod capacity awailable. So you can put a lot of high level mods at once.

6 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

Well, now all you gear starts with more mod capacity depending on your Mastery Rank.

So, technically, when you'll have a high enough MR, you'll be able to put a lot of maxed out mods on your gear right from the start.

Or... Are you from the era before Formas and Catalysts/Reactors?

If so, then now you can add a Forma to a gear to add a specific polarity to a slot. Mods with mathing polarity take twice less capacity. And Catalysts/Reactors double the overall mod capacity awailable. So you can put a lot of high level mods at once.

I never used much Forma, because it was really hard *for me* (emphasis because I'm not very good/focused) to get a hold of.  But yeah, I guess that's the way to do it.  Even the highest capacity mods only take about 15, with 8 slots and all polarized, that's 64 capacity, with a reactor that's only 4 over the limit (or less, with an Aura), and most mods *don't* take 15 even maxed out.  So yeah.  Forma's the answer.  There's just sooooo many warframes and weapons, how will I ever pick which ones to Forma and Reactor.  >.<

The derelict still has vault mods, oh and you'll spend around 100+ hrs here if you ever want to finish your hema research. They kinda screwed uo and made the requirements for mutagen samples way to high (literally like 10x higher than the cost of all other items in game combined) then said its to late to fix nkw after so many worked so hard.

Void is basically just another planet now.

I never used much Forma, because it was really hard *for me* (emphasis because I'm not very good/focused) to get a hold of.  But yeah, I guess that's the way to do it.  Even the highest capacity mods only take about 15, with 8 slots and all polarized, that's 64 capacity, with a reactor that's only 4 over the limit (or less, with an Aura), and most mods *don't* take 15 even maxed out.  So yeah.  Forma's the answer.  There's just sooooo many warframes and weapons, how will I ever pick which ones to Forma and Reactor.  >.<

Well, now Formas are relatively easy to get from the Relics, so theoretically, it should take more time to build them, then to farm the Forma BPs :)

21 hours ago, WindigoTP said:

Well, now Formas are relatively easy to get from the Relics, so theoretically, it should take more time to build them, then to farm the Forma BPs :)

That they are.  So excited!  You can re-forma slots, if you change your mind later, right?  I mean, not that I'll have that much forma any time soon, but it's still something to know.

I've been poking around on reddit (well, actually I just found one thread about weapons to never sell because you can't reclaim them), and the comments talked about selling Prime BPs and parts for plat.  How does one do this?  I presume they mean to other players, but how does that work?  I thought the only way to trade was at a Dojo Trade station?  So I have to find someone who wants the thing I have, group up with him, then go to my dojo and trade it to him?  What a headache.

Also, my forum interface has suddenly switched to spanish, I don't know why or how, and I don't know how to fix it.  HALP!  =(

RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

PS: 

1 minute ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Also, my forum interface has suddenly switched to spanish, I don't know why or how, and I don't know how to fix it.  HALP!  =(

Clean your cookies.

Well, I don't want to lose all my cookies, and clearing out the cookies for just this site didn't help...  However, down at the bottom there's a pull-up bar for selecting language.  I must have somehow accidentally set it to French.  I also apparently suck at recognizing languages I don't know.  x_x

So I've been messing around a little in the appearance customizer some more, and I don't understand why "Default colours" doesn't actually set the colours to the default.

Let me explain.  I had used A and B appearances, but I'd always left C alone.  When I reset A or B to "Default colours", it's very different (usually much more pale) than my C appearance.  Frustratingly, I seem to have reset C on my Oberon and Nova.

So two questions, first: why the discrepancy?  Second, is there any way to retrieve the real default colours for my Nova and Oberon (I expect not, but have to ask)?

EDIT:  Going through all my weapons now, it seems their C appearance is actually default, and looks very different than the picture of the weapon on the equip screen.  Except my Dex Furis, which behaves like my Warframes, with a C appearance that is distinct from the default colours.  Interestingly, neither C nor default look quite like the picture on the equip screen.

On 04.11.2017 at 11:28 AM, PhotriusPyrelus said:

That they are.  So excited!  You can re-forma slots, if you change your mind later, right?  I mean, not that I'll have that much forma any time soon, but it's still something to know.

I've been poking around on reddit (well, actually I just found one thread about weapons to never sell because you can't reclaim them), and the comments talked about selling Prime BPs and parts for plat.  How does one do this?  I presume they mean to other players, but how does that work?  I thought the only way to trade was at a Dojo Trade station?  So I have to find someone who wants the thing I have, group up with him, then go to my dojo and trade it to him?  What a headache.

Yes, you can always re-forma any slot you want, without any limitations.

As for selling weapons, first, you should not sell weapons that are given as an event reward, because they are awarded only once. Although most of the event weapons do return at some point (currently via Invasions), but there's no reliable way to know when.

You also shold keep any warframe given as a quest reward, as there's currently no way to get BPs again. On last Dev Stream they have talked about looking into introducing some ways of getting BPs more than once, but currently quest frames are a one-time acquisitions.

As for selling Prime BPs to the other players, yes, the most prominent way to trade is via Dojo, like it or not.

There's also Maroo's Bazaar. I believe it's currently on Mars. Haven't used it much, so can't tell if it is any popular, but I suggest you to go and check it out for yourself.

On 05.11.2017 at 6:52 PM, PhotriusPyrelus said:

So I've been messing around a little in the appearance customizer some more, and I don't understand why "Default colours" doesn't actually set the colours to the default.

Let me explain.  I had used A and B appearances, but I'd always left C alone.  When I reset A or B to "Default colours", it's very different (usually much more pale) than my C appearance.  Frustratingly, I seem to have reset C on my Oberon and Nova.

So two questions, first: why the discrepancy?  Second, is there any way to retrieve the real default colours for my Nova and Oberon (I expect not, but have to ask)?

EDIT:  Going through all my weapons now, it seems their C appearance is actually default, and looks very different than the picture of the weapon on the equip screen.  Except my Dex Furis, which behaves like my Warframes, with a C appearance that is distinct from the default colours.  Interestingly, neither C nor default look quite like the picture on the equip screen.

That's... Weird...

Not sure what may be going on there.

Difference between the picture and the actual look can be explained with multiple reworks of lighting and materials, as well as the current lighting on your ship. But I have no idea of why C can be different from A and B...

2 hours ago, WindigoTP said:

Yes, you can always re-forma any slot you want, without any limitations.

As for selling weapons, first, you should not sell weapons that are given as an event reward, because they are awarded only once. Although most of the event weapons do return at some point (currently via Invasions), but there's no reliable way to know when.

You also shold keep any warframe given as a quest reward, as there's currently no way to get BPs again. On last Dev Stream they have talked about looking into introducing some ways of getting BPs more than once, but currently quest frames are a one-time acquisitions.

As for selling Prime BPs to the other players, yes, the most prominent way to trade is via Dojo, like it or not.

There's also Maroo's Bazaar. I believe it's currently on Mars. Haven't used it much, so can't tell if it is any popular, but I suggest you to go and check it out for yourself.

That's... Weird...

Not sure what may be going on there.

Difference between the picture and the actual look can be explained with multiple reworks of lighting and materials, as well as the current lighting on your ship. But I have no idea of why C can be different from A and B...

Thanks for all the answers!  I'll be sure to check out the Bazaar soon.

Perhaps I was, as I so often am, unclear.  =(  Let me try again.

So back in Ye Olden Times (I think my last stint of Warframe was about three years ago), I had customized A and B to my own liking, one was orange, one was chartreuse, and I made it uniform across my frames (which was a PITA, because I don't *think* we had favorites then).  I had left C alone to be the default, because back then we didn't have this "default" button, and I didn't own any of the colours, so if I over-wrote it, there was no going back.  But now, when I default A or B, it looks very different than C.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's the five frames for which I didn't foolishly accidentally set C to default (image heavy behind spoiler):

Spoiler

Rhino Default:
5BB337E8EBE471D4C0593C7704452D9D331B24C2

Rhino C (old default?):
002F1BDAC13D581AE3E8B2485D31E6E6D3D7CB19

Loki Default:
FA5867FB6EE927D28FADEE2C6FACFFCA1C26DFC7

Loki C (old default?):
500F25B1A8E2D40D047A1C20F4EEF2E135210033

Frost Default:
84996807E55787F3F7A06B228FC9C06A09DAD2FD

Frost C (old default?):
4CB2E20F3AF28559A7B847C1BF7F8ADD347CC466

Excalibur Default:
8D2DEBCC5F6877595312C127A501873CCAF815B1

Excalibur C (old default?):
53A63DFF2CC33AE0991FF2626E91051600D7061B

Ember Default:
5B4F095FF189AF873ABA88CB7DD8941CE3B13D39

Ember C (old default?):
C7275652FAE2C0A45C4C11C66CE82C2D996E3008
Fin

And before you say "well how do you know you didn't just spruce up the old colour schemes with more vivid versions?"  Well, because I don't (and didn't) own the appropriate palettes.  I've only got the given-strip of Classic, Easter, Halloween, and Shamrock.  I don't have that super dark grey on Ember, or the super dark brown on Rhino, or the pure white on Frost, and so on.  Oddly, when I go back and look at early screen shots of Ember, she looks much more like the Default Ember than my C, with light grey and gold high lights, not almost black and almost-rust.  So what the blubbins is going on?

I have another question: do missions have time-limits?  I was trying to learn the LUA spy rooms, and got mid-way through the last one when Lotus tells me I need to eliminate the remaining targets and puts a 1 minute timer on the screen.  Well, I couldn't even figure out how to exit the spy room in that time, so it elapsed and I failed the mission wholesale.  What did I do wrong (and this wasn't that I triggered the alarm; even if I had, I should have gotten to extract, since I retrieved the other two data packets)?

7 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Thanks for all the answers!  I'll be sure to check out the Bazaar soon.

Perhaps I was, as I so often am, unclear.  =(  Let me try again.

So back in Ye Olden Times (I think my last stint of Warframe was about three years ago), I had customized A and B to my own liking, one was orange, one was chartreuse, and I made it uniform across my frames (which was a PITA, because I don't *think* we had favorites then).  I had left C alone to be the default, because back then we didn't have this "default" button, and I didn't own any of the colours, so if I over-wrote it, there was no going back.  But now, when I default A or B, it looks very different than C.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's the five frames for which I didn't foolishly accidentally set C to default (image heavy behind spoiler):

Hide contents

Rhino Default:
5BB337E8EBE471D4C0593C7704452D9D331B24C2

Rhino C (old default?):
002F1BDAC13D581AE3E8B2485D31E6E6D3D7CB19

Loki Default:
FA5867FB6EE927D28FADEE2C6FACFFCA1C26DFC7

Loki C (old default?):
500F25B1A8E2D40D047A1C20F4EEF2E135210033

Frost Default:
84996807E55787F3F7A06B228FC9C06A09DAD2FD

Frost C (old default?):
4CB2E20F3AF28559A7B847C1BF7F8ADD347CC466

Excalibur Default:
8D2DEBCC5F6877595312C127A501873CCAF815B1

Excalibur C (old default?):
53A63DFF2CC33AE0991FF2626E91051600D7061B

Ember Default:
5B4F095FF189AF873ABA88CB7DD8941CE3B13D39

Ember C (old default?):
C7275652FAE2C0A45C4C11C66CE82C2D996E3008
Fin

And before you say "well how do you know you didn't just spruce up the old colour schemes with more vivid versions?"  Well, because I don't (and didn't) own the appropriate palettes.  I've only got the given-strip of Classic, Easter, Halloween, and Shamrock.  I don't have that super dark grey on Ember, or the super dark brown on Rhino, or the pure white on Frost, and so on.  Oddly, when I go back and look at early screen shots of Ember, she looks much more like the Default Ember than my C, with light grey and gold high lights, not almost black and almost-rust.  So what the blubbins is going on?

I have another question: do missions have time-limits?  I was trying to learn the LUA spy rooms, and got mid-way through the last one when Lotus tells me I need to eliminate the remaining targets and puts a 1 minute timer on the screen.  Well, I couldn't even figure out how to exit the spy room in that time, so it elapsed and I failed the mission wholesale.  What did I do wrong (and this wasn't that I triggered the alarm; even if I had, I should have gotten to extract, since I retrieved the other two data packets)?

Oh, I see now what's your problem with colors. Or at least I think I know what may be wrong here.

I think it is too related to the aforementioned reworks of lighting, materials and all other visual stuff. I believe there's an option called something along the lines of "Legacy color palettes". Try to look in the Settings menu, probably under the Visuals tab (not at home right now, so can't check for sure myself). I believe it is there for that exact occasion, because not everyone liked the change back when it was introduced.

Not too sure about what might have happened with Lua Spy.

Sometimes Lotus indeed may randomly interrupt the mission saying something along the lines of "Change of plans. Eliminate everyone". Haven't had that happened for a while, so not sure if it comes with a time limit or not, and don't know if it can happen on Spy missions, but seems like that was exactly what happened.

Alternatively, Spy mission can turn into Exterminate if you raise the alarm in all 3 vaults, then Lotus prompts you to eliminate all witnesses so they couldn't inform the command of your activities. But that requires you to finish the vaults first, so that's probably not it.

As for timers in general, there's Nightmare missions with Time Limit condition, when you must kill enemies to get more time.

Also there's a hidden timer implemented as an Anti-AFK mechanic, where you fail the mission if you don't kill anyone in 10 minutes straight. I guess it is theoretically possible to be a pacifist on an unfomilliar Spy mission long anough to trigger that? I know it gives some warning when you're about to fail mission that way, but haven't had it myself to say for sure what kind of warning.

---Edit---

Also, regarding colors, you may have noticed that there's two basic palettes, one with "Classic" and one with "Saturated" in the name. Those are also a result of past visual changes. when all colors became, as the name implies, more saturated. And "Classic" palette was introdused for those who liked old muted colors more.

I see your С loadouts are filled with specific colors instead of having "blank" default colors.

Not sure if back in the day colors used to be filled in by default, or if you had them filled yourself to replicate the default color scheme, but what I assume has happened - the palette has since turned "saturated", while the "true" (blanked out) default colors stayed the same, resulting in a different look. Try to change colors with the respective ones from the "Classic" palette and see what happens.

On 11/3/2017 at 4:23 PM, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Thanks for all the answers, and so fast!  If you'll re-read the OP, you'll see that I was just being dumb with my third question.  x_x  So embarrassing.

Just so you know, if you have any vaulted prime parts, check their prices on a website called warframe.market

Some of the vaulted primes are now worth a huge amount. Like ember prime 

4 hours ago, WindigoTP said:

Oh, I see now what's your problem with colors. Or at least I think I know what may be wrong here.

I think it is too related to the aforementioned reworks of lighting, materials and all other visual stuff. I believe there's an option called something along the lines of "Legacy color palettes". Try to look in the Settings menu, probably under the Visuals tab (not at home right now, so can't check for sure myself). I believe it is there for that exact occasion, because not everyone liked the change back when it was introduced.

Not too sure about what might have happened with Lua Spy.

Sometimes Lotus indeed may randomly interrupt the mission saying something along the lines of "Change of plans. Eliminate everyone". Haven't had that happened for a while, so not sure if it comes with a time limit or not, and don't know if it can happen on Spy missions, but seems like that was exactly what happened.

Alternatively, Spy mission can turn into Exterminate if you raise the alarm in all 3 vaults, then Lotus prompts you to eliminate all witnesses so they couldn't inform the command of your activities. But that requires you to finish the vaults first, so that's probably not it.

As for timers in general, there's Nightmare missions with Time Limit condition, when you must kill enemies to get more time.

Also there's a hidden timer implemented as an Anti-AFK mechanic, where you fail the mission if you don't kill anyone in 10 minutes straight. I guess it is theoretically possible to be a pacifist on an unfomilliar Spy mission long anough to trigger that? I know it gives some warning when you're about to fail mission that way, but haven't had it myself to say for sure what kind of warning.

---Edit---

Also, regarding colors, you may have noticed that there's two basic palettes, one with "Classic" and one with "Saturated" in the name. Those are also a result of past visual changes. when all colors became, as the name implies, more saturated. And "Classic" palette was introdused for those who liked old muted colors more.

I see your С loadouts are filled with specific colors instead of having "blank" default colors.

Not sure if back in the day colors used to be filled in by default, or if you had them filled yourself to replicate the default color scheme, but what I assume has happened - the palette has since turned "saturated", while the "true" (blanked out) default colors stayed the same, resulting in a different look. Try to change colors with the respective ones from the "Classic" palette and see what happens.

Wow, thanks.  I'll be sure to look into all of that.

I bet it was the pacifist timer, I had been in that vault for a LONG time (it was the long one, and I was having some real trouble with it.  x_x)  Seems odd to have that in a solo mission.  I mean, if I'm AFK, not killing things...  I'm not leaching from anyone, so I'm not quite sure what it matters.  Even bandwidth shouldn't be the issue; I got full-stop disconnected the other day and I finished the mission just fine, had to wait for my router to reboot to actually get it to complete, but it eventually did 

Yeah, back in the day, we didn't have no-colour defaults, everything came with pre-set colours selected, and, as I mentioned, if you over-wrote them, you were duffed if you didn't own the correct palette and wanted to return to the original appearance of the frame.  Love that they fixed that.  =)

4 hours ago, Arniox said:

Just so you know, if you have any vaulted prime parts, check their prices on a website called warframe.market

Some of the vaulted primes are now worth a huge amount. Like ember prime 

I have a few Ember and Frost prime parts.  Irrational stupid part of me wants to keep them because I worked so hard for them, but at the same time, I really need space (from the plat they'd bring in), and it's not like I can build either frame right now anyway...  X_X  I also have some arcane helmets I should probably part-with, too, but stuff like that which we know is *never* coming back should only increase in value.  I wanted to ask about how much is a fair price - because I don't want to rip off people, but I also don't want to get ripped off - but I wasn't sure where to ask; Trading forum seems dedicated to actual trading, not talking about trading, but it seems weird to post it here.  I'll check out the site you link, maybe that will give me answers.

Thanks everyone for all your help.  <3

I wanted to ask about how much is a fair price - because I don't want to rip off people, but I also don't want to get ripped off

Try using https://warframe.market as a reference for prices. And to put up your offers, if you decide to sell something.

While the actual trading is done in game, this site is very handy as a bulletin board.

There are some weapons which are used as components for other weapons (most ready-example, Broken War is a component in War).  If I make a second Broken War to use as a component, will the foundry will use the lower level one, or how does that work?