Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unplugging audio device causing lock?

KnightsirX

Often times on warframe I accidentally rotate my chair and unplug my headphones because of a short wire most of the time I receive a notification about loss of audio device but sometimes the game just freezes trying to use task manager or closing the game via windows doesn't work am forced to restart my computer can we take a look at this?

44 minutes ago, KnightsirX said:

Often times on warframe I accidentally rotate my chair and unplug my headphones because of a short wire most of the time I receive a notification about loss of audio device but sometimes the game just freezes trying to use task manager or closing the game via windows doesn't work am forced to restart my computer can we take a look at this?

How frequently does this happen?

How would one go about replicating it?

Must you be in a mission for it to happen?

it happens about 30% of the time when it unplugs it more commonly crashes in missions and almost always does when loading into or out of missions.

It should happen if you start warframe with heaphones plugged in and you unplug them in a relay or during a mission it may not happen every time but should after a few attempts. However it seems to work fine in the orbiter.  I would paste a crash report but as i mentioned earlier the game just locks up.

Hey, i have similar problem - i'm playing on laptop, i don't have plugged any speakers or headsets etc. After few second up to 1min, after every game launch i have disconnected audio controller/card notification, usually on the star chart view. Sound in another games and programs is still working."

Here is a picture: https://imgur.com/OHVoHDt

Edited by Laughing_Screeling
i added a picture of error nottification