Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There is currently NO REASON to use OPERATORS outside of plains and kuva.

YKC1995

Operator only missions wont work, we dont need complete missions that force you to use them.

The operator already has its uses outside those missions and if its was buff what it needed, it should be for complementary purposes, to help the warframe in battle by more efficiently stunning enemies, applying status etc.

Edited by mstriker

Just now, mstriker said:

Operator only missions wont work, we dont need complete missions that force you to use them.

The operator already has its uses outside those missions and if its a buff what it needs, it should be for complementary purposes, to help the warframe in battle by more efficiently stunning enemies, applying status etc.

Yes we need buff to amps. Right now i cant even kill a lvl 40 corrupted bombard with my t2 amp. Only if we could MOD our Amps...

14 minutes ago, YKC1995 said:

Plz DE, we need operator amp buff or some operator only missions. Give us a reason to use our operators.

Eh. The problem is that they're only designed for fighting Kuva Guardians and Eidolons (with their Vombalysts). The operators need to be redesigned to actually be endgame for the entire game. Instead of Operators offering niche gameplay for niche game modes, they and warframes need to be essentially two different options with trade-offs: either you run with the more durable, faster, yet relatively limited Warframes, or you run with the less durable, slower, but more powerful and limitless Operators, whose core abilities vary per school and are fundamentally based on the Focus school descriptions. The Operators are supposed to be unlimited Void power, no longer restricted and limited by the Warframes. So they should be that. They should play kinda like TFUII's rage mode. The Operators are weaker and slower, but they should make up for it in the power and unlimited nature of their Void Powers. It should kinda play like Jedi and Sith in Star Wars games. They're not that strong but their sheer power makes up for it. And that can be contrasted with the Warframes, who are stronger but are limited by energy and can be countered by special enemies. Endgame in Warframe should come down to a choice between two equally-viable but different gameplay choices: Warframes or Operators, with their own trade-offs. Each one offers different gameplay but you can easily use both; it's just a matter of how you want to play.

Until DE designs the Operators for more than just gimmick gameplay (gimmick powers for gimmick enemies), then they'll never be useful for non-Kuva, non-Eidolon gameplay.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

13 minutes ago, Doforcash said:

I approve of this meme        May it flourish into the future as a staple in our society

Edit: are you telling me you don't want some buff for Operator mode ? Mr.@RobWasHere

I dunno. No matter how they buff them, I'll still use my frames because movement and gameplay is better. T1 scaffold is enough to kill trash mobs on sortie level.

9 minutes ago, YKC1995 said:

DMG to warframe can put u out of transfernce tho.

Frame is nearly invulnerable when in operator, I dont worry about that.

7 minutes ago, YKC1995 said:

Yes we need buff to amps. Right now i cant even kill a lvl 40 corrupted bombard with my t2 amp. Only if we could MOD our Amps...

Bombards have the highest armor in the game, plus the void damage type might not have been fully fleshed out to all units.

Bombards have the highest armor in the game, plus the void damage type might not have been fully fleshed out to all units.

Buffs aren't enough. There's only two reasons to ever outright demand the use of operators:
-Because it's bad, and nobody would use it otherwise
-Because you can't come up with better ways to make people use it

They need fundamental changes. They should not be completely separate from Warframes, focus schools need to significantly change gameplay beyond having a couple of number changes, and most of all, they should not be REQUIRED to fight specific things. If you make them fun enough, you won't need to try and force their use.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

29 minutes ago, YKC1995 said:

DMG to warframe can put u out of transfernce tho.

Warframe is invulnerable unless you leave it with an active channeled ability.

On topic, IMO Amps and Void Beam should ignore all armor in the game and have 2x damage on Sentients.

Oh really, no use at all?

- You can revive in void mode - while being totally invulnerable.

- You can use the Operator Void Dash with Zenurik Void Flow and Naramon Mind Sprint - you'll be dashing 5 times while being faster than you ever could in a Warframe.

- Your amp deals massive damage to Stalker, you can kill him easily if he pops up while you're leveling up frames and weapons.

8 minutes ago, CeePee said:

Oh really, no use at all?

- You can revive in void mode - while being totally invulnerable.

- You can use the Operator Void Dash with Zenurik Void Flow and Naramon Mind Sprint - you'll be dashing 5 times while being faster than you ever could in a Warframe.

- Your amp deals massive damage to Stalker, you can kill him easily if he pops up while you're leveling up frames and weapons.

oh u got ur facts let me give u mine 

1. IT cant kill a simple lvl 50 heavy gunner.

2. It needs a stupid amount of focus to make it work and even then its mostly useless.

3. It does no dmg to sentients in lua.(lore wise it should do great dmg tho) 

Anyway the AMP needs a buff is all i m saying.

4 minutes ago, YKC1995 said:

2. It needs a stupid amount of focus to make it work and even then its mostly useless.

1: Its not intended to kill a level 50 gunner. Use the correct tool for the job.

2: That would be an opinion if it is useful or not. Clearly someone finds it useful.

3: Oversight that is going to be corrected.

The amps are not supposed to replace your Warframe or your weapons. Its another tool for swapping to when it is appropriate. People keep thinking its intended to just replace warframes and then complain that that is what DE is trying to do. They aren't.

#3 sounds like a bug to me.

5 minutes ago, YKC1995 said:

It would need only that to be powerful considering the base Void damage.

I still find we not having shields annoying...

19 minutes ago, YKC1995 said:

So do you want your Operator to be exactly like a Warframe or its unique part in the game? Your Warframe is the killing tool for most of the stuff, the operator is specialized in different things. They (void damage) should be poison to Sentients and the Shadow Stalker, so that Sentient damage in Lua just seems like a oversight/bug that'll get fixed.

I gave you 3 reasons to use the Operator, do with that information what you will.

If they revamp operator movement, give them some kind of combat capability and reasonable gear then perhaps there is a small group of people who would use them instead of a warframe.

The LAST thing we need is more mandatory operator stuff in game, since it is such an unrewarding play experience compared to the rest of game for many, many people.

Except (from my own experience):

- a way to stealth in a non-stealth frame

- to generate energy regen bubbles

- void dash travel

- situational AMP combat

- passive Focus attacks/status effects (ball lightning, fire trail, etc)

- a way to keep your frame from taking massive damage

Im sure others have come up with some creative uses as well. Obviously not everything from the focus tree is super-powered, or even super-useful - but if you can weave them into the normal flow of combat they can have their uses.

The Operator isnt meant to be mandatory - but instead allow for more varied situational tactics and options. You dont *have* to use them (barring Eidolons of course), but you can - and I like that.

Edited by Mavor