The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The G Word in Chat. We're not in the 2nd Grade

(XBOX)bigsnake84

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

And if you want to trigger one over 45, "with all respect, I wouldn't have found you s*xually attractive 20 years ago"

To add insult to injury, she was 24 and used to guys wooing her because to them she's like a 7-9. Since for me she was at best a 6 and I seek only 8-10 I put her on her place. After her rage burned out she's been pretty much annoyingly throwing herself at me. Of course I keep rejecting her in more hilarious and elaborate ways for Fun.

Alpha b*tches only act like alphas when dealing with tame dogs. As soon as a Wolf shows up they turn into puppies.

22 hours ago, More-L said:

I made a forum post about this exact same issue back in July, I really don't understand why DE can't simply make the chat bot PM you and say "Hey, that is a bad word, first and only warning. Do not use it again." Quite a few people seemed to only say region chat is stupid and pointless. 

I don't even see any point trying to get this through to DE though, I mean an official partner is called "A Gay Guy Plays" but you still get insta-banned for using it in region, I think we should just be thankful the forums aren't anywhere near that level of strictness at this point.

I was wracking my brains trying to figure out what the hell the g word was.

I grew up with an uncle who's gay (and is the coolest guy in the world) and him and his husband threw around the word so casually that I never knew it was considered 'offensive' until the first grade when I got detention for saying it. Let me tell you it was a confusing detention because I had to write why I was in detention and what I would do different so I wouldn't be there again. XD

On 2017. 11. 03. at 11:39 AM, (Xbox One)bigsnake84 said:

I understand that the word CAN be used offensively, but nowadays it's absolutely not offensive. Its actually very accepted and anyone who uses it in offense is shrugged off. So why treat us like kids who need a time out?

I recently had a small conversation about a character in the show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. His name is Mac and hes known to show G behaviors (dont want to say it since now the G word is suddenly taboo) I said it once casually and now I cant continue to help some new players while having fun random discussions. But I guess the N word spammers get all the wiggle room

Seriously though, there needs to be a smarter way to handle such a small word. Censoring exists without kicking people, why not that. Alternatively, give a warning for such easily mistakable words. I mean I've seen some terrible texts in chat that use no text tricks, but it seems to get the green light.

How are new players supposed to tell whats ok when the most vulgar stuff is seemingly allowed?

And no, the old rule of "If you have to ask, then dont" doesnt count because the world is more open/edgy about stuff. The G word is pretty low tier compared to other allowed words.

Heres s copy paste of my older thread on the xhat system.

First of all it would be nice if we would get an actual notification of why we were banned from the chat in the form of a pm or an actual inbox message. If club penguin can do it why our game cant? It must tell exactly what was the problem and what was our message, not some vague info on " your message failed to show respect" but actual reasoning with your message.

glitch-banning-2.jpg

Second, we need actual information on how long is the suspension because most of the time you are just kicked and thats all. How hard it can be to write you have been kicked till relog or you have been suspended for 2 days, etc....

Third, even while suspended let us see the chats. Theres no reason behind not showing whats going on the chats. Maybe you accidentally triggered kickbot, typed too fast in succession, tried to message someone with all caps name and so on. Its extremly frustrating when you cant access the chats becuase you decided to rapid type in 3 of them.

4th chat suspensions should only go on the chat where you made your error and that is most likely the region chat but even if we agree that it should go on trade and recruit chat too, it doesnt make any sense to apply it to pm, clan and squad chats too. The chatbot/mod could even send out a warning that if you do it again (must write down what you done) your suspension is increased by X hours and you lose access to the remaining chats. Hell they could even send you a copy-paste of the chat rules while at it.

5th Add in an ingame report sytem, many of us can see people throwing various disgusting insults at others but since they dont trigger offended-bot and no mod is online they get away with it. Im not talking about general insult like calling someone stupid or idiot but various racist madness. IF we must have the chat censored to not offend people do it correctly and let us help in it.

"G word" This is sad. Really sad. I want to cry. Banned for saying gay in chat? Wow... Honestly why? It can be used offensively, but not everyone uses gay in a rude manner. Of course, there are 12 year olds that leave a stupid comment saying "your gay" but come on, not everyone does that. When i was 12, i was totally like that, but on my 13th birthday... Everything changed. I know you can get in trouble for saying gay in public or something, but why? It's literally the same thing as a guy saying "i'm into girls my mans" And no trouble at all. 

Image result for idubbbz im gay gif

21 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Everyone knows the g-word is blocked in region chat by now.

Everyone who tries to defend its use etc is in the same troll tier as Nezha trap or !claim or Fragor without the R.

WTS 500 Argon scopes | 500 Maiming strikes | WTB F- *gets banned*

just wanted to buy fragor prime wtf

While the word, like most words, doesn't offend me, I don't blame DE for banning it.

First, there's literally no valid reason to discuss sexual orientation in chat. Ergo, there exists no reason why the word would ever be used respectfully there in.

Which leaves it's use once again squarely in the negative, inappropriate area.

There are plenty of places on the net to discuss sex and sexual orientation. Both respectfully and otherwise. You and I simply have no reason to do so in game chat and that's why I don't blame DE one bit.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

While the word, like most words, doesn't offend me, I don't blame DE for banning it.

First, there's literally no valid reason to discuss sexual orientation in chat. Ergo, there exists no reason why the word would ever be used respectfully there in.

Which leaves it's use once again squarely in the negative, inappropriate area.

There are plenty of places on the net to discuss sex and sexual orientation. Both respectfully and otherwise. You and I simply have no reason to do so in game chat and that's why I don't blame DE one bit.

Why wouldnt it have a valid reason?

I could talk about homosexual actors, people in movies who are homosexual, talk about the homosexual guy plays and soo on.

Sooner or latter (but most possibly sooner) some insane social justice circle[redacted] group will going to find out that warframe thinks that being homosexual is offensive and start a fuss about it.

13 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Why wouldnt it have a valid reason?

I could talk about homosexual actors, people in movies who are homosexual, talk about the homosexual guy plays and soo on.

Sooner or latter (but most possibly sooner) some insane social justice circle[redacted] group will going to find out that warframe thinks that being homosexual is offensive and start a fuss about it.

Or...you could, I don't know, use in game chat, to talk about the game.

I get your point. I do. And you aren't wrong.

But if DE unbans the word and they cannot stop people from using it inappropriately, then hordes come here demanding they do so and threatening all manner of shenanigans.

So they banned it. Which is in this case the lesser evil, seeing as how allowing it WILL cause all manner of grief, while banning it doesn't honestly harm anyone. It's imperfect, but a lesser evil.

4 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Rego in chat does not have any specific topic. 

No. But being as it's hosted by a company, it also has no expectations of freedom of speech.

See above, too. This isn't a perfect solution, but it is a lesser evil, and in this narrow case, I get the reasoning.

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

But if DE unbans the word and they cannot stop people from using it inappropriately, then hordes come here demanding they do so and threatening all manner of shenanigans.

Look the problem is all we need is a report button ingame. Just click on it and report the person for making X statement.

Also currently i can call someone disgusting homo animal (insert synonims of sex but not the f-word) without triggering the chatbot, many people already reported that you can go around and use extremely racist statements and others without getting banned but you cant say balls anymore.

Just now, Fallen_Echo said:

Look the problem is all we need is a report button ingame. Just click on it and report the person for making X statement.

Also currently i can call someone disgusting homo animal (insert synonims of sex but not the f-word) without triggering the chatbot, many people already reported that you can go around and use extremely racist statements and others without getting banned but you cant say balls anymore.

And all of that needs fixed.

Doesn't change the reason for THIS ban. Actually sort of...makes my point for me.

54 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

And all of that needs fixed.

Doesn't change the reason for THIS ban. Actually sort of...makes my point for me.

But unbanning the word wont change the situation, they gonna say gay in their statements and not homo or something similar. A simple report system ingame would suffice.

Also upper i made this suggestion on what improvements we need.

6 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

First of all it would be nice if we would get an actual notification of why we were banned from the chat in the form of a pm or an actual inbox message. If club penguin can do it why our game cant? It must tell exactly what was the problem and what was our message, not some vague info on " your message failed to show respect" but actual reasoning with your message.

glitch-banning-2.jpg

Second, we need actual information on how long is the suspension because most of the time you are just kicked and thats all. How hard it can be to write you have been kicked till relog or you have been suspended for 2 days, etc....

Third, even while suspended let us see the chats. Theres no reason behind not showing whats going on the chats. Maybe you accidentally triggered kickbot, typed too fast in succession, tried to message someone with all caps name and so on. Its extremly frustrating when you cant access the chats becuase you decided to rapid type in 3 of them.

4th chat suspensions should only go on the chat where you made your error and that is most likely the region chat but even if we agree that it should go on trade and recruit chat too, it doesnt make any sense to apply it to pm, clan and squad chats too. The chatbot/mod could even send out a warning that if you do it again (must write down what you done) your suspension is increased by X hours and you lose access to the remaining chats. Hell they could even send you a copy-paste of the chat rules while at it.

5th Add in an ingame report sytem, many of us can see people throwing various disgusting insults at others but since they dont trigger offended-bot and no mod is online they get away with it. Im not talking about general insult like calling someone stupid or idiot but various racist madness. IF we must have the chat censored to not offend people do it correctly and let us help in it.

Without active moderation this is the best we can do.

Heres my thing. I don't care if I get banned here, but it needs to he said. A very prominent YouTube Partner of DE is Rob from AGGP - A Gay Guy Plays. He throws massive innuendos and blatantly says the words gay, every word known for a penis, and all other manner of sexual words all the time. But it's okay because he's partnered with DE and makes content for them. Sorry but if DE and their mods are gonna ban people for saying gay or balls, then they should give him the same treatment. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)LordBartimus said:

Heres my thing. I don't care if I get banned here, but it needs to he said. A very prominent YouTube Partner of DE is Rob from AGGP - A Gay Guy Plays. He throws massive innuendos and blatantly says the words gay, every word known for a penis, and all other manner of sexual words all the time. But it's okay because he's partnered with DE and makes content for them. Sorry but if DE and their mods are gonna ban people for saying gay or balls, then they should give him the same treatment. 

"A Guy Plays" instead?

The word 'gay' is as offensive as the word 'straight', as in it's really not offensive. Just like the word 'fat' is as offensive as the word 'skinny'. The former of both examples are used more to bully. That's really the only difference.

Edited by Kimimoto