Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Master Race : People just keep bashing him regardless of the rework

Doomsknightmare

I love Oberon since the beginning and he's still my main go-to-frame even now I reach MR20, and after his recent rework I love bringing him to all kinds of "endgame" : Sortie, Raid, Kuva flood, Eidolon hunt, etc.

However, I always run into people who just laughed at me :

"Why would u bring a useless Oberon to LoR / Eidolon hunt ? He can't provide massive damage reduction / health energy shield regen like Trinity ! Just bring your Trinity or leave the squad !"

Me :"You know he can do some radiation proc CC and provide armor / health regen / status immunity and instant revival with his augment..."

People :"LOL We got Nyx for better radiation chaos CC and Trinity for better healing and support ! Oberon is still useless trash !"

Me :"All right, then... I should've been a plumber. And F**K YOU"

Seriously people just keep saying he sucks before and after the rework, and honestly I find him much better after the rework, but it's just the fact that "Everything he can do, someone does better" still exists. I still rarely see anyone but me bringing Oberon to endgame content though I think he can do well in high levels. IMO his rework is great (not flawless though) and I'm still gonna use him a lot. It just makes me feel bad that many people still bash him all day and I'm really mad at it.

Just keep using him. Ignore the players who keep trying to enforce "meta." I think his rework is great and a nice alternative to trinity spam because you get to actually play the game as Oberon. 

And comparison arguments are weak in general. The only players that use those are ones that can't win an argument in the first place, so they try to avoid one by saying "X does better!" in the hopes that you give up. 

Keep doing what you love. 

Edited by Sajochi

I think the lot of people who don't like him because he just isn't their style. It's hard to put into words, but when people don't like or understand how something works, they automatically disregard it. That being that, it's pretty rude to be mean to people who do understand and like it. If you don't like something, you don't have to go around and ruin it for someone else, that's just going out of your way to be a butthole.

Aside from that, there are plenty of options for match making in raids and eidolon hunts, if they wanted a trinity, they could've asked for a trinity in the recruitment chat.

The treatment that all jack-of-all-trade frames must endure :'(

I like Nezha (Safeguard) and Oberon (Phoenix Renewal) a lot, they can keep the team up and running for as long as they have the energy to do it.

Yes both can't provide energy like Trinity (if you have Zenurik you don't need her that much), Both can't heal like Trinity but so what, use what you want.

Also Nezha can heal things Trinity can't heal :P 

1 minute ago, Prinny13 said:

The treatment that all jack-of-all-trade frames must endure :'(

I like Nezha (Safeguard) and Oberon (Phoenix Renewal) a lot, they can keep the team up and running for as long as they have the energy to do it.

Yes both can't provide energy like Trinity (if you have Zenurik you don't need her that much), Both can't heal like Trinity but so what, use what you want.

Also Nezha can heal things Trinity can't heal :P 

I love Nezha, too and I have to agree with you.

I played Oberon before his rework, thought he was trash. I played Oberon Prime after his rework, he was still trash. So, I think Oberon is a trash frame in general, and he's the only Warframe that I would actively say I hate. That said, if you wanna play him and you like him, more power to you! You can enjoy things I can't, so, that's awesome and worth an envy. But people like different things, and you can't really change that. So, just ignore them, and play the way you like. Don't ruin your fun just cause some dbags said your fun isn't meta.

On 11/3/2017 at 12:39 PM, SergeantSunshine said:

I think the lot of people who don't like him because he just isn't their style. It's hard to put into words, but when people don't like or understand how something works, they automatically disregard it.

People understand how he works plenty fine.

The issue is that he isn't a Memeframe that breaks content which is no different than "literally useless" to the min/max crowd.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:31 PM, Doomsknight said:

people still bash him all day and I'm really mad at it.

Why do you care so much? I play limbo, the most hated guy in the game even if i never touch my powers people will screech, and i couldnt care less if i accidentally brought him into a PUG.

Make your own teams and take who you want, call it a day.

I like him the changes really improved his utility, that said for the real difficult stuff I would personally rather bring another frame. I love ember too but she doesn't work well against level 100 enemies either. Oberon is in a similar place.

Nyx has better rad cc

Trin heals better

But you can't use 2 frames at a time now can you? Oberon's still a jack of all trade (better with rework) people are just biased, same as how i sometimes still automatically think if an ash joins he'll be bladestorming all day like they used to.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Nyx has better rad cc

Trin heals better

But you can't use 2 frames at a time now can you? Oberon's still a jack of all trade (better with rework) people are just biased, same as how i sometimes still automatically think if an ash joins he'll be bladestorming all day like they used to.

Now operators heal better than Oberon too.

People bash on things that aren't meta or "fashionable to use" because it makes them feel smug, superior, and part of the cool kids club.

You should care less what insecure people like that have to say and just go with what you feel works well and would benefit everyone in the group (or yourself if going solo). If you're contributing something useful to the group, be it enemy de-buffs, CC, heals, etc., why should people care WHAT you bring?

Unless you're farming Mutagen / Oxium / Argon. Then you have to bring a Nekros or Pilfering Hydroid.

I think the main problem is that people only ever try one build on him and then discard him afterwards because they can't figure out how to make it work. They think "jack of all trades" and so try to mod for every aspect of every ability, which will obviously dilute his potential. Focus him toward one or two aspects, though, and suddenly he shines far and above many other Frames in that aspect.

For instance, I've forgone range and duration on my Oberon in favor of a pure STR/EFF build. Currently, with zero Forma into him, my Oberon heals for ~120 HP/sec and grants ~520 armor. That alone is almost enough to bring even Banshee nearly to Valkyr levels of tankiness. With further improvement, he could make nearly every Frame a nigh-immortal tank, and without the mind-numbing spam that a Trinity would need to achieve the same. This is without considering the horrifying damage my Smite and Reckoning can output, when the situation calls for it.

When it comes down to it, the problem is people not attempting to understand the mechanics and potential uses of the Frame, much like with Limbo and Ash. Prove them wrong through demonstration.

Honestly, people complain and cry because they are bad at the game and want you to carry them.

Someone thinks they "need" Nyx for CC?  Why aren't they playing her?

Or someone thinks they "need" Trinity for energy and heals?  Again, why aren't they playing as her?

They all want to play whatever they want, however they want, no matter whether they're good or bad at what they're doing, and just want someone else to make up for their own issues and carry them along.

Ignore those people, play what you want.  So long as you're not entirely reliant on someone else to make up for your own deficiencies, you're good to go.

As far as I've seen, Oberon is a good frame.