Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So some people got 20+ Exilus Adapters for watching the Dev stream while others got nothing?

Enfo

Even if they did run a script to reverse it,people who got 30 something would be compensated with at least something seeing past history of such blunders(affinity amp replaced with legendary core).While people who got nothing would still at best get 1 exilus adapter.

The result in either case would be in favor of people who got 30 or more.Also many who have used these would cry over wasting time to add forma to exilus slots and make it even a bigger issue.

Guys relax, Warframe is obviously not in beta. Just because the developers pretend it is, doesn't mean anything. If your game has been out for five, six or however many years, then it's not in beta. More importantly, if you charge people money for content in the game and make a healthy profit from it, then you don't get to say your game is in beta. It's a fully released game.

6 minutes ago, Anthorin said:

You didn't get any adapters? Okay.  Is it affecting your gameplay? No? Okay.

Move on, it's not going to kill your joy for the game just because you missed out.

You can't expect people to not get upset when not only they should have gotten something but didn't, but other people got like 20 somethings with no rhyme or reason.

That's not how people work.

Just now, DeltaPangaea said:

You can't expect people to not get upset when not only they should have gotten something but didn't, but other people got like 20 somethings with no rhyme or reason.

That's not how people work.

The Devs were meant to only give out one. Watching the live stream they stated it was a mistake but let people just keep them.

The whole thing was borked.

You win some, you lose some.

Hopefully, people forget about this and move on. Because it's not a big deal. It's not like they were handing out a warframe.

9 hours ago, Enfo said:

I don't really see how this is fair for anyone who were there and didn't get any.

Why turn it off?
Why not let the active community who participated in this get them as well?

Seems kinda thoughtless to just shut it off and say "Too bad" to the people who got nothing while others got 20-30 adapters.

First, to the people who had IRL events and could not watch the stream, sorry you missed out.

To the people who mentioned they got zero: Either you didn't link your twitch to your warframe account, which I am pretty sure most did do, OR wasn't the twitch drops based on RNG?

Regardless, yes it sucks that some got 30, some got 18 ect and some got zero.

Now it seems the best option would be for DE to pull all the exilus rewards and either give everyone an exilus reward or give nothing.

This is quite an interesting choice to make. If I was in charge of making the decision, I would pull all exilus reward given last night and compensate nothing.

Let me explain my reasoning.

When Twitch drops was announced, I believed it was in the best intention of helping warframe partners with their twitch views. This had absolutely nothing do to with you as a player and what you can get out if it. The streamers whom I followed during the initial twitch drops campaign and now during the POE all mentioned that they saw an increase during the first few days and then it flattens out because "the players came for the rewards and not for the content". Some of the streamers even mentioned that they would not have some person use their prime twitch sub just because said person wanted their glyph. Then the (unconfirmed) reports came that players are using 3rd party apps to view multiple streams and it started to take toil on the database. The other matter pointed out related to accounts being generated to obtain these rewards.

For the person(s) thinking that the exilus reward from devstream 100 was unfair, what do you think now?

For a developer and a streamer, I believe this is surely the worst way to support the game and community. 

In my honest opinion, I believe DE should stop with any future twitch campaigns.

TL;DR - Twitch drops were exploited and abused

8 minutes ago, Neo_182 said:

That is wildly speculative at very best.

It was admitted it was a mess up.

I'd bet they will remove any excess adapters given out and MAYBE give us two instead of just the one originally planned.

Put the pitchforks away guys.

I hope they do SOMETHING. I've been a bit disheartened with DE's efforts to respond to their community lately, especially after Ember's deluxe skin, so I could do with some restoration of faith.

Have you noticed that you have 3 Lotus Gift Alerts waiting for you, OP?

This is why we can not have nice things. "Some people won something and me others got nothing!"

P.S. I got a Stalker mail for killing Alad at the start of a stream and 6k kuva. Mmm, delicious.

Edited by rand0mname

5 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Have you noticed that you have 3 Lotus Gift Alerts waiting for you, OP?

This is why we can not have nice things. "Some people won something and me others got nothing!"

Bruh, when the 'something' is 'never have to worry about Exilus adapters ever again', people are likely to get kinda snarky.

And they didn't 'win'. It was a bug that randomly picked some people over others when everyone was meant to get one. Don't be so dismissive.

I got 29 adapters yesterday. Guess I was lucky. I can understand that some are frustrated, if they had their accounts properly linked and watched the stream right from the very beginning (the first 20-30 minutes, until this fluke was caught), yet got nothing. The people that don't fit those criteria yet still complain I really can't understand though...

Seriously...here are some bugs I "missed out on" - and probably a LOT of other players as well - while some profited from them (potentially some of the people that are now complaining):

• buying Hydoid Prime Access (including 4000 plat) for $9,00
  • buying all of Octavias instruments for 20k CREDITS each, instead of using plat
  • converting brilliant shards into endo

I'm sure there were other bugs that I didn't list here (or that I don't even know about).

There was never a compensation for players who DIDN'T use the above bugs, yet I won't complain...

As with the above listed bugs there won't be a compensation here either. Those who profited from the bug should be happy. Those who didn't were out of luck this time around...

Edited by Skaar82

I don't get why some people are upset!. We wern't meant to get them, it was a colossal screw up on a certain persons part. That person has basically given away hundreds of  thousands worth of plat, which in turn if purchased  is a damn lot of real currency. Ofc they had to turn it off. That's like moaning because a street cash machine is broke spits out some money, some people get it before it's fixed. But others don't, then complain that the machine was fixed -_- lol.  Poor analogy, but you get the point...... I hope.

3 minutes ago, Tarkerus said:

I don't get why some people are upset!. We wern't meant to get them, it was a colossal screw up on a certain persons part. That person has basically given away hundreds of  thousands worth of plat, which in turn if purchased  is a damn lot of real currency. Ofc they had to turn it off. That's like moaning because a street cash machine is broke spits out some money, some people get it before it's fixed. But others don't, then complain that the machine was fixed -_- lol.  Poor analogy, but you get the point...... I hope.

It's not quite a perfect analogy.

More accurate would be if the machine was meant to give everyone five bucks,and some people got nothing while other people got five hundred.

3 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Bruh, when the 'something' is 'never have to worry about Exilus adapters ever again', people are likely to get kinda snarky.

And they didn't 'win'. It was a bug that randomly picked some people over others when everyone was meant to get one. Don't be so dismissive.

I do not dismiss "Getting that Adapter would be nice" but I do tend to get snarky then I see "THEY got 30! I wish I knew about this scrit error and made use of it! Unfair!"

Why it is even a thing? We got a 2 hours dev stream, info about new Warframe, incoming Operation, new boss, new weapons, promise to polish focus and bounty system, revelation about universal vacuum and so on. We also got 2 potatoes and one riven. And yet it's not enough.

1 hour ago, rand0mname said:

I do not dismiss "Getting that Adapter would be nice" but I do tend to get snarky then I see "THEY got 30! I wish I knew about this scrit error and made use of it! Unfair!"

Why it is even a thing? We got a 2 hours dev stream, info about new Warframe, incoming Operation, new boss, new weapons, promise to polish focus and bounty system, revelation about universal vacuum and so on. We also got 2 potatoes and one riven. And yet it's not enough.

Not until you get what everyone else has got.

2 hours ago, Skaar82 said:

I got 29 adapters yesterday. Guess I was lucky. I can understand that some are frustrated, if they had their accounts properly linked and watched the stream right from the very beginning (the first 20-30 minutes, until this fluke was caught), yet got nothing. The people that don't fit those criteria yet still complain I really can't understand though...

Seriously...here are some bugs I "missed out on" - and probably a LOT of other players as well - while some profited from them (potentially some of the people that are now complaining):

• buying Hydoid Prime Access (including 4000 plat) for $9,00
  • buying all of Octavias instruments for 20k CREDITS each, instead of using plat
  • converting brilliant shards into endo

I'm sure there were other bugs that I didn't list here (or that I don't even know about).

There was never a compensation for players who DIDN'T use the above bugs, yet I won't complain...

As with the above listed bugs there won't be a compensation here either. Those who profited from the bug should be happy. Those who didn't were out of luck this time around...

Yeah the problem is that they cant compensate other players without compensating the ones who profited from that aswell; how can you know who used and who didnt use the bug?