Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So some people got 20+ Exilus Adapters for watching the Dev stream while others got nothing?

Enfo

16 hours ago, aleksi134 said:

Got 30. I heard some ppl got banned from drops for abusing the system.

Why would ppl get banned? I got like 20 or more and I was just there watching the stream. I was not actively doing anything to cheat or anything, just watching the damn stream.

17 minutes ago, mstriker said:

Yeah the problem is that they cant compensate other players without compensating the ones who profited from that aswell; how can you know who used and who didnt use the bug?

You can be pretty sure that they have the tools to know exactly who bought Hydroid PA for $9, who converted brilliant shards to Endo at Maroo's or who bought Octavias Instruments with credits...just like they'd easily be able to see who got more than 1 Exilus Adapter...

But like I alluded to in my other post: Rolling back accounts who used those bugs or hammering out compensations to the whole community comes with a rat's tail of other consequences...so that's not gonna happen in 95% of the cases. Like in many other games it'll always be the case of "if you were able to use such a bug before it was fixed, consider yourself lucky".

Edited by Skaar82

2 hours ago, Tarkerus said:

I don't get why some people are upset!. We wern't meant to get them, it was a colossal screw up on a certain persons part. That person has basically given away hundreds of  thousands worth of plat, which in turn if purchased  is a damn lot of real currency. Ofc they had to turn it off. That's like moaning because a street cash machine is broke spits out some money, some people get it before it's fixed. But others don't, then complain that the machine was fixed -_- lol.  Poor analogy, but you get the point...... I hope.

Never let facts get in the way of an  entertaining argument! 😆  

Yeah, no Adapter lottery winner here.  But I see it the same way.  It was a mistake and the financial health of the game is far more important...otherwise no Warframe.

24 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Is it possible to give out exilus adapters to other players?

Not the ones you got from the faux pas. Those aren't tradeable.

You can only gift them to other players by purchasing them with plat yourself.

Edited by Skaar82

17 hours ago, Enfo said:

I'm sure the people who recieved a bunch of them will keep quiet and be happy about it.

I got 33.  I don't think you're entitled to them - this thread is a big baby hissy fit.  Anybody watching the stream knows Rebecca made a mistake and didn't mean to do it.

And let's be real - most people, if not the overwhelming majority of people, have no damn use in the world for that many adapters.  It was a silly mistake - but if you think it should be rectified by further flooding the game with them, then you need to check to make sure your head is screwed on properly.

To be quite honest I would rather DE deduct the 32 extra I got, versus giving you the same thing.  

17 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

Their point is that they turned it off because they obviously #*($%%@ it up, so people who tuned in a bit later after the begining, missed out on those rewards.

As they said during the devstream. They mentioned they turned I  off because the sheer volume of Emily's adapter twitch drops almost killed the warframe network servers.

16 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

Not sure what the OP wants DE to do exactly. It was a glitch in the system. They meant to give 1 to everyone who was watching AND had their Twitch accounts connected to their Warframe accounts. What happened obviously was entirely different.

There is no solution to this that would make everyone happy. Take away the exilus adapters? No, that wouldn't be fair for those that obtained them. They can't punish the players for their mistake. Give everyone 30 exilus adapters? No, that would straight up kill any income they would make off of selling them for the foreseeable future and beyond. Now, maybe they can give one exilus to everyone. But you'll still have people crying foul over a mistake they can't really fix.

It's best to just move on. Yeah, it sucks for those that didn't get it (I have two friends that missed out and I feel pretty bad for them), but there's nothing we nor DE can do about it that would make both us and their financial department happy.

I'd rather get 1 than none honestly.

I arrived a tad late (about 28 min in I think) and they were laughing about there mistake.

Felt like arriving a bit late to a party as a kid and seeing that the piñata was already busted open and no candy is left.

Edited by Madway7

1 hour ago, Anthraxicus said:

Why would ppl get banned? I got like 20 or more and I was just there watching the stream. I was not actively doing anything to cheat or anything, just watching the damn stream.

I mean from twitch drops. Some people had like 10 streams open and getting tons of rewards from the system which caused issues to DE.

4 hours ago, Skaar82 said:

Seriously...here are some bugs I "missed out on" - and probably a LOT of other players as well - while some profited from them (potentially some of the people that are now complaining):

• buying Hydoid Prime Access (including 4000 plat) for $9,00
  • buying all of Octavias instruments for 20k CREDITS each, instead of using plat
  • converting brilliant shards into endo

These are something to truly complain about opposed to adapters which can be obtained easily and if you don't waste them i.e. keep them on Primes/favourite new frames.

Really sad I missed out on the first one.

Edited by Valiant

29 minutes ago, Valiant said:

These are something to truly complain about opposed to adapters which can be obtained easily and if you don't waste them i.e. keep them on Primes/favourite new frames.

Since I suck at trading and can't even buy Warframe slots I'm quite sad I missed the first one as well...for obvious reasons...

But I still wouldn't want DE to roll back accounts of those who were able to snag that "offer", since - just like with the adapters - it was a stupid f***k up...

Same with Octavias instruments. I'd have loved to buy them all with credits, but couldn't. Still not a reason for me to ask for compensations...

Too many people think that they are owed something by developers (in general, not just in this case). No clue why that mentality became so prevalent in recent years...

18 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

I'm sure the people that got 28 won't be in any hurry to make a peep about the disparity though.

18 hours ago, Enfo said:

I'm sure the people who recieved a bunch of them will keep quiet and be happy about it.

Ye of little faith.

Edited by xxswatelitexx

1 hour ago, Valiant said:

Can't complain about the first one though as it was a mistake on Valves behalf, not DE.

And taking back the PA'd may have resulted in bans since people most likely traded the plat soon after getting it.

4 hours ago, Madway7 said:

Can't complain about the first one though as it was a mistake on Valves behalf, not DE.

And taking back the PA'd may have resulted in bans since people most likely traded the plat soon after getting it.

Complaining about in terms of missing out.

Meh. I was at work during the stream and got nothing. I'm not bothered, exilus adapters aren't a big deal. You're going to get them from invasions faster than you'll get warframes forma'd to the point that they have the spare points to use the ninth slot, and if for some reason you desperately need one you can always cash in standing and get a couple BPs.

Edited by FlyingDice

On 11/3/2017 at 1:17 PM, Enfo said:

Why turn it off?
Why not let the active community who participated in this get them as well?

It was turned off because there was a bug.  It was supposed to give everyone 1 Exilus Adapter.  Instead it gave everyone 1 Exilus Adapter every 20 seconds.  They turned it off because it was giving away way more than they intended to give; in fact, if it had been on much longer, the servers would have crashed.  It was an accident.  And I'm guessing that if you think about it, you understand why they aren't going to follow up that accidental giant giveaway with even more giant giveaway.

DE wanted to give away a small treat to the folks who tuned in to celebrate the 100th Dev Stream.  I understand how it's disappointing to find out that if you had done something differently you might have also got a free thing, but nobody - not even the people who got the Adapters - is owed a free thing.

To anyone who finds themselves unhappy because something nice happened to someone else...I guess I want to suggest that you really think about that, because that kind of mentality is likely to lead you to a good deal of unnecessary unhappiness throughout the course of your life.  Nice things are going to happen to people, and you won't always be on the receiving end.  Don't set yourself up for this.

If you were there, you might be in the boat of people who got some lucky treats.  But if you didn't get any, that's okay.  It's just an Exilus Adapter.  You can earn them in-game without limit.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)IStudioGhibliI said:

a glitch in the system? why was there even a glitch, did they not test it before it was done? this happened with the other drops as well,smh

Testing doesn't mean you found all the bugs.  That's why games have patches.  In addition, network stuff can be hard to test, especially when it also depends on interacting with Twitch's network.

Edited by (PS4)Unstar
Adding in second reply instead of making new post