Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So some people got 20+ Exilus Adapters for watching the Dev stream while others got nothing?

Enfo

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

might have been cause of the players that got the adapters were onces that unlinked an relinked warframe to twitch after the drop issues.
that all i can think that might have been why they got them.

they stopped the adapters cause of unintended bug, plus they were sent message about something almost crashing form this issue.

Never did that. Only linked account once before the twitch event even happened.

11 hours ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

Wow, would have been nice to know that sitting in would have gotten me free Exilus Adapters. How nice of them to inform us ahead of time.

Sorry DE I'm not wasting plat on those. Trying to make me jealous makes me NOT want to give you money.

The Exilus Adapter giveaway wasn't actually an official DE thing; it was a surprise party favor provided by Rebecca (most of the other folks, including the usual Devstream guys, didn't know about it).

That said, the official forum announcement for Devstream 100 did mention the following line:

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away many, many prizes to celebrate this huge milestone!

Rebecca was excited about celebrating the 100th Devstream, and wanted to give a small treat to the Tenno who came to celebrate with the rest of the team.  It was in no way intended to make those not in attendance jealous — as you said, that would be a horrible business tactic!  Rather, it was intended to be a fun gift for everyone at the party.  The fact that so many Exilus Adapters were given away was an unintended bug, one that they stopped as soon as they realized it was happening.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

The Exilus Adapter giveaway wasn't actually an official DE thing; it was a surprise party favor provided by Rebecca (most of the other folks, including the usual Devstream guys, didn't know about it).

That said, the official forum announcement for Devstream 100 did mention the following line:

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away many, many prizes to celebrate this huge milestone!

Rebecca was excited about celebrating the 100th Devstream, and wanted to give a small treat to the Tenno who came to celebrate with the rest of the team.  It was in no way intended to make those not in attendance jealous — as you said, that would be a horrible business tactic!  Rather, it was intended to be a fun gift for everyone at the party.  The fact that so many Exilus Adapters were given away was an unintended bug, one that they stopped as soon as they realized it was happening.

Mother Lotus is best.

I can't watch on twitch since twitch is really S#&$ty for its delays (I live in france, bad comnection and so on... so, for any stream, I need to watch them with a delay of 5 to 30 seconds, what does twitch do? If you have a delay, it actualize your page, great, now let me watch my page actualizing for 2 hours since I'm forced to have a DELAY)

I love when I'm forced to watch on youtube and lose a chance to get plats or lose tons and tons of items, yay

Just now, lyry19 said:

I can't watch on twitch since twitch is really S#&$ty for its delays (I live in france, bad comnection and so on... so, for any stream, I need to watch them with a delay of 5 to 30 seconds, what does twitch do? If you have a delay, it actualize your page, great, now let me watch my page actualizing for 2 hours since I'm forced to have a DELAY)

I love when I'm forced to watch on youtube and lose a chance to get plats or lose tons and tons of items, yay

Why not watch on both? 

1 minute ago, lyry19 said:

I watch from Slovakia and have no problems watching the stream whatsoever.

Don't blame your problem on them. 

On 11/5/2017 at 10:52 AM, (PS4)Unstar said:

When devs say this on a stream it usually means "raffle" and one person gets something good.

On the rare occasion that a dev does an Oprah on a stream like this, it usually is meant as advertising. (Look what you didn't get by not watching our dev stream!)

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just pointing out why people like me tend to get jaded and suspicious about crap like this.

2 hours ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

When devs say this on a stream it usually means "raffle" and one person gets something good.

On the rare occasion that a dev does an Oprah on a stream like this, it usually is meant as advertising. (Look what you didn't get by not watching our dev stream!)

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just pointing out why people like me tend to get jaded and suspicious about crap like this.

They arent advertising that you are missing out by not watching the devstream...you either watch it or you dont. 

On 11/3/2017 at 4:17 PM, Enfo said:

I don't really see how this is fair for anyone who were there and didn't get any.

Why turn it off?
Why not let the active community who participated in this get them as well?

Seems kinda thoughtless to just shut it off and say "Too bad" to the people who got nothing while others got 20-30 adapters.

This essentially translates to "waaaah I didn't get to exploit a bug!  give me free stuff!" 

You realize this, yes? They clucked it up, turning it back on would've just worsened the issue. 

On 11/3/2017 at 5:11 PM, SoulEchelon said:

Not sure what the OP wants DE to do exactly. It was a glitch in the system. They meant to give 1 to everyone who was watching AND had their Twitch accounts connected to their Warframe accounts. What happened obviously was entirely different.

There is no solution to this that would make everyone happy. Take away the exilus adapters? No, that wouldn't be fair for those that obtained them. They can't punish the players for their mistake. Give everyone 30 exilus adapters? No, that would straight up kill any income they would make off of selling them for the foreseeable future and beyond. Now, maybe they can give one exilus to everyone. But you'll still have people crying foul over a mistake they can't really fix.

It's best to just move on. Yeah, it sucks for those that didn't get it (I have two friends that missed out and I feel pretty bad for them), but there's nothing we nor DE can do about it that would make both us and their financial department happy.

+1

Mistakes can be made. Not sure what the salt is about, nor why every little thing makes ppl salty these days. Also not sure why unsubstantiated claims are being made just to prove a point.

I dont think its unfair at all and I feel like DE already addressed the disparity the day of when they put a catalyst, reactor and riven in the alerts. Much better gifts than exilus adapters in my mind. I know I appreciated the gifts and I didnt even watch the live stream. Sure I could use a few more exilus adapters, but Im content with the very generous gifts they loaded up. If some folks got 30 adapters, yey! Good for them. I dont feel like Ive lost out. 

I didn't watch the stream, and I don't like how everyone got so many adapters and have no need to buy them anymore or craft them, while those who didn't watch the stream get nothing.

I'm not too mad about it, but I find it quite annoying, but nothing I can do about that

People say getting adapters is quite easy, but I kinda wish they halved the amount of forma needed to build it. I don't just want to build two formas that'll take 24 hours each (unless I rush them) and then wait another 24 hours to get an exilus adapter. You can just buy formas for 20p each or 35p in a pack of three, but you could just buy adapters instead, which is pretty much cheaper then buying formas to use for adapters. 

It is unfair that many people who watched the stream pretty much got a 'lifetime supply' of exlius adapters, while others who didn't or couldn't watch the stream are left with nothing, but at least next time DE gives people items for watching the streams, they can make sure not to mess up and give everyone a large supply of something. 

Edited by crimsonspartan1

• 1 month later...

I know this is a very weird and kind of naughty idea; but how about DE might consider items in the game are only obtainable in the actual game?
Why is currently a real pro gamers challenge to say: "I only aquire my stuff the real Tenno way instead of getting it from somewhere outside this universe I did nothing for" - from the Point of View of the Tenno. It's obvious that watching a video to get stuff is in no relation to the "Way of the Tenno" while crafting and killing Grineer is.

Instead DE goes the way of the degenerated Grineer they probably will once become themself; they keep perverting their own creation instead of making the game stay within the game.

But as I can't change anything about it either, I'll just keep doing what I'm used to do; laughing about all failing WannaBe-Tenno's that paid for ingame obtainable stuff (except cosmetics, these are completely fine), kicking them whenever possible. The Way of the Tenno is pure, it is not to be spoiled by money.

44 minutes ago, BlankFX said:

I know this is a very weird and kind of naughty idea; but how about DE might consider items in the game are only obtainable in the actual game?
Why is currently a real pro gamers challenge to say: "I only aquire my stuff the real Tenno way instead of getting it from somewhere outside this universe I did nothing for" - from the Point of View of the Tenno. It's obvious that watching a video to get stuff is in no relation to the "Way of the Tenno" while crafting and killing Grineer is.

Instead DE goes the way of the degenerated Grineer they probably will once become themself; they keep perverting their own creation instead of making the game stay within the game.

But as I can't change anything about it either, I'll just keep doing what I'm used to do; laughing about all failing WannaBe-Tenno's that paid for ingame obtainable stuff (except cosmetics, these are completely fine), kicking them whenever possible. The Way of the Tenno is pure, it is not to be spoiled by money.

I think you're reading too far into the lore. Like, VERY far. DE needs to make money, who cares how items are obtained. If people want to spend plat to get a weapon/warframe, let them. Don't like it? Don't do it. Just don't lose sleep over the fact that people want to support DE and actually have money to do so. 

6 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

I think you're reading too far into the lore. Like, VERY far. DE needs to make money, who cares how items are obtained. If people want to spend plat to get a weapon/warframe, let them. Don't like it? Don't do it. Just don't lose sleep over the fact that people want to support DE and actually have money to do so. 

I think you're reading too far into what I wrote. Like, VERY far.
I already let people spend their P2W-Cash on whatever they want. I actually never did not let them do so in the first place.
Yes, I don't like it and I don't do it. All I said those players are not following the real Way of the Tenno [as I'd understand it as inspired by this awesome Lore] and these players are just weak and require to compensate for a lack of obsession and endurance. (Yes, sounds harsh, yet these players will have to accept my opinion just as I have to accept their too high budget.)

However, I stick to my opinion that especially those 3rd-party-service-dependent stuff should be disabled ASAP. It's just not okay if people feel forced to register with other services they do not like or trust just to have equal chances in the game.

1 minute ago, BlankFX said:

I think you're reading too far into what I wrote. Like, VERY far.
I already let people spend their P2W-Cash on whatever they want. I actually never did not let them do so in the first place.
Yes, I don't like it and I don't do it. All I said those players are not following the real Way of the Tenno [as I'd understand it as inspired by this awesome Lore] and these players are just weak and require to compensate for a lack of obsession and endurance. (Yes, sounds harsh, yet these players will have to accept my opinion just as I have to accept their too high budget.)

However, I stick to my opinion that especially those 3rd-party-service-dependent stuff should be disabled ASAP. It's just not okay if people feel forced to register with other services they do not like or trust just to have equal chances in the game.

"the way of the tenno" is you just bashing players on something that doesn't even exist. There's nothing like that in this game, and then you bash them further for being "weak" because the players don't want to grind for hours on end AND wait for the stuff to build for hours on end. That doesn't own the proper attributes to make them weak. And we don't have to accept your opinion, in all honesty that opinion has little to no logic. "The Tenno Way" is you over reading and over reacting to lore.

Look, players can buy and build what they want, it's not a Pay2Win system, because this isn't a PVP game, and you really aren't winning anything from purchasing, you're only making the grind easier. Them purchasing these Warframes and weapons don't affect YOUR game, so there's literally no reason you should be all up in arms over it. In all honesty, it seems you're only bringing it up so you can name call  and shame players. Don't be that guy. Let people play their game, you play your own, just don't go defensive because someone bought that item you spent many hours grinding over. Boohoo. Just be glad they're actually supporting DE. Because it's these players with "high budget" is what keeps this game going. Don't shame them because of it, that's illogical.

Now the opinion of 3rd party stuff kinda makes sense, except the fact that you don't lose anything from signing up for these free trials. I don't see how anyone could feel forced to register when they're not losing out on anything. Especially when every single thing that was given in 3rd party awards can or will be obtained through the game itself other than a few cheap cosmetics that anyone can live without.