Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr prime instead of Mirage prime?

Kuva_Noodle

2 hours ago, Terrornaut said:

I've...never gotten hit by a Vomb?

Mostly happens if you're near a Teralyst that you're not trying to kill (just passing through, seriously, why does it have to get all touchy about it...) when it roars to do the buff-up thing to the bombles, they get really aggressive and start shooting more frequently.

And it's only due to the seeking, really, much like the seeking on Bombard rockets doesn't get turned off, and in a big enough room they come back around after being deflected. If DE had built those seeking mechanics with an 'off' function, where if the projectile is deflected by something it turns off targeting and moves in a straight line, then we wouldn't have the issue with the Swarmer Detrons that the Corpus Combas use or with the bomble shots. I've not tried to prove this, but I'm fairly sure I've noticed the shots twitch when they enter Turbulence's range, as if they get deflected, but the movement 'weighting' is strong enough to overcome the change in direction and the seeking continues since the redirection thinks it's done its job.

2 hours ago, Terrornaut said:

Gara is just another super powered power creep frame.

I brought up Gara because, until people found out about the hidden damage stacking mechanic, she was very comparable to Zephyr but more damage than movement. Her 1 was functional for what it does, her 3 was under-powered CC comparable to Zephyr's current 2 where the damage caps off and the range isn't what it should be, her 2 is a radial defense cast that, as a trade-off for not providing a total immunity to some damage types, did a bit of damage itself and was castable on others, and her 4 was a radial CC cast with inbuilt unreliability because, where Zephyr's has all the problems with scattering, wandering off, getting stuck, being slow and so on, Gara's was a fixed-height wall that enemies can glitch through and it clips into the ground instead of moving up and down slopes naturally...

Basically, until the patch for her 4 and the discovery of the stacking damage on her 2, Gara was another Zephyr ^^ Kind of why I liked her, I guess.

Eh, don't be too hard on the frame, DE don't design frames from the perspective of 'we did this with the other frames, now we need to break that', they design them from 'this is a cool concept, how would it work?' and the result is that all of the frames, even ones with similar themes like Sound vs Music end up being so very, very different.

13 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Eh, don't be too hard on the frame, DE don't design frames from the perspective of 'we did this with the other frames, now we need to break that', they design them from 'this is a cool concept, how would it work?' and the result is that all of the frames, even ones with similar themes like Sound vs Music end up being so very, very different.

Totally true and all reasonable, but sometimes its nice to have some semblance of balance between options.  Doesn't need to be perfect or necessarily close, or even competing on the same playing fields, but when new things are released that are just plain better and the old is not given a chance or updates, eh?

The Vomb buffing I didn't actually think it did because I just kill those as soon as they show up just because they're adds, out of habit from x-million games.  Honestly I guess I've killed them so fast I've not given them the chance to even do things.  Good to know. Homing attacks in this game is a little too silly sometimes.