Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #100 Overview

[DE]Taylor

I noticed the 3m uni vac, mainly because I've used my Kavat ever since PoE dropped to boost my resource gains, and while focus farming. Although 3m is still too short ranged. We shouldn't have to compremise Univac at ALL.

Why are you afraid we will collect the loot we actually earn? Stockpiles?

In regard to Focus farming, I suggest DE could put Focus spikes on certain nodes (more or less like Kuva siphons).

That would incentivate players to change mission types and tilesets.

Having the chance of focus spikes spawns increased on Earth, Kuva Fortress, Orokin Derelict (remove the keys...) would incentivate players to play those less played tilesets.

5 hours ago, UvBenServed said:

Reveal hidden contents

Even though there are currently no plans to introduce more raids, could the current ones become more accessible?

I didn't include this in the overview, but the Devs talked about wanting to create similar content to Raids that is more accessible, but that can also satisfy the section of the community that plays the Trials now.

I don't know how that applies to existing Raids, but accessibility is something on their minds.

If I said I didn't care how long it was until the next cinematic quest I would be lying, but if The Sacrifice is as good as The War Within and The Second Dream I am willing to wait until next year. But please, answer some questions instead of making new ones. Like who (or what) is The Man in The Wall, who or what is the Unum. Also, is there a possibility that our Doppelganger from the end of Chains of Harrow could become a recurring thing? Like he just pops up randomly? I think that would be awesome.

1 hour ago, vergie8 said:

Also, is there a possibility that our Doppelganger from the end of Chains of Harrow could become a recurring thing? Like he just pops up randomly?

He IS a recurring thing! I've seen him appear in my orbiter at least three times since I completed that quest... 😳

8 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We are looking into ways of incorporating the Leave Squad functionality from Plains of Eidolon into other endless missions.

what is meant by this?

the abillity to leave a squad during mission or after mission?

if its the former, shouldn´t it be the other way around? (to incorporate the abillity to leave a mission like in, say, excavation or defence, into plains?)

if its the latter, doesn´t it work in the plains the exact same way how it always did in any mission? Did i miss something?

am so confused

P.S. I absolutely love all the other changes, particularly the focus and bounty, this is exactly what i hoped you would change and then you actually did it. hurray!

.... so... new zombie grineer enemy is 

SpiffyVapidBabirusa.gif

HRM?!?!?!?!?!?.....  why you gotta put a bomb propelled zambie in this game DE (OAO|||). Knowing my luck, dem things gonn slap me on the back o the head full force from the bomb propulsion while I'm fishing....

9 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

DAILY TRIBUTE SYSTEM CHANGES 

We’re making changes to the Daily Tribute System with the introduction of “Tracks”. After the initial 50 days of logins, you will be given the option to choose the track for your next milestone, taken from the existing milestone rewards (Zenistar, Primed Shred, etc.). After another 50 days (number still TBD), you will unlock the item and pick your next Track.

Sounds like a great personal achievement roadmap system, love the sounds of it!

BOUNTY REWARD CHANGES

We’re changing how you receive rewards from Bounties. Currently you receive one item upon its completion, but now you will earn a reward upon the success of each stage. 

The first few stages will pull rewards from the common and uncommon pool, and the last two stages pull from the complete drop table.

This sounds perfect! I hope this will feel good for everyone, it certainly is what I was hoping for. Looking forward to seeing this ingame soon :)

New warframe, new weapon, new enemy, taking a deep look into Focus again, working on tilesets and world expansions, all sound promising and looking forward to the Plague Star Operation.
Only thing I'm sad about is not seeing anyone asking about potential changes to Archwings on the Plains.

FOCUS CHANGES

Since Focus 2.0 went out, we’ve heard a lot of feedback about how it feels to unlock nodes and gain Focus points, and it’s not what we wanted to hear. So, we’re smashing the system again. You will be given the opportunity to respec your schools once again.

Here’s a look at what’s changing:

We will be removing tree-specific Focus capacity and moving to one Universal capacity for all schools. This way it’ll be easier to move between Schools, like the Way-Bound passives already offer.

The daily Focus Point cap is also being removed and replaced with a curve. When you first start playing, you will receive a boost of Focus experience, with less being received the more that you farm. The point on the curve at which you receive diminishing returns will probably mirror the existing cap now. Instead of receiving no Focus points at all after this level, you’ll simply get less of them.

We’re experimenting with the boosted Focus gain in a few ways as well:

1 – Have the initial boost be tied to your Mastery Rank. The higher it is, the more you earn.

2 – Playing a range of different mission types will add to this booster, encouraging diversity when gaining Focus points. You can play the same mission over and over if you want, but venturing into other nodes on the Star Chart will give you a bonus.

The Focus System is here to address the “what’s beyond 30?” question – that is, what happens to the affinity you earn after levelling up all your gear? These changes are meant to benefit both players who passively gain Affinity in their journey in the Star Chart, as well as those who actively work towards meeting their daily cap.

I don't know what do you want to do about this Universal capacity, but i think the curve is a good idea, like the boosted Focus gains linked to it (different missions types played and MR).

But i think we have a real problem with Focus lenses ; i've already pointed this problem in two other posts but i will give the last only :

For Khora, i'm not a real fan of "animal masters" (much more "Necromancers" like Nekros or "Golem Masters" like Atlas), but this frame have a very nice design and base concept :thumbup:

The Bounty Rewards Changes seems to be better for farming, so i approved it !!! i hope this change will be add in the PoE update on consoles and not 1 month after XD

The Daily Tribute System is a good idea too if we wants, for example, Primed Shred befor 600 days.

The Grineer Ghoul unit will be apparently fun and hard to kill at high levels, so yes !!!

Huh, this new weapon type (Tessaiga) is so gorgeous !!! i don't really like Nikanas (i'm much more Polearms or Swords + Shields or Heavy Swords), but this new weapon type is apparently an Heavy Nikanas, so i want it !!!

When i've compared the actual faces of ig characters with Earth redesign (or PoE), i've just says in my mind "you must doing something with that ASAP !!!". So, really nice to see this changes in the future.

About new tilesets, i'm curious to see the future Venus open-world. And an asteroid tileset redesign, very interesting :)

I'm waiting for a long time for have a real modular Dojo and more easy to build (my Dojo is actually very simply build for utilities, so i wait this changes)

I hope, for the Umbras, you will create a Parallel universe where

/!\ SPOILER ALERT/!\

Spoiler

Margulis has been killed by Ballas, Ballas turned Tennos into real Dark-Side Tennos (Umbras), Natah never being Lotus due to Ballas killing Margulis, Sentients have invades a lot of Human worlds, Umbras have, in the past, found our dimension (via a wormhole) and killed a lot of Orokins (this can explained the lore for the Stalker where he think we have killed a lot of Orokins and that explained why we don't have no memories about that, because it's the Tennos Umbras fault), and they attacks us agains when they have knows our Tennos are alive and they wants to "finish the job". With that, we have found a way (the wormhole used by Tennos' Umbras) for travels between this two parallel universes for loots Umbras items in the Umbra universe.

Incorporating "PoE leave squad functionality" in endless missions like Defections, Excavation and Survive, yay, finally !!! like the Vacuum effect on Warframe and Operator

No Corpus raid again :/

The relay reconstruction event is a good idea, but i think the invasions system is broken due to the patch who says "the Fomorian or Razorback alert is affected by the course of an invasion and not only by the end of this invasion". I think you must equilibrate that ASAP because this alerts comes really fasts now.

Since it's implementation in TWW, i wait some news about the moral choices (i'm neutral and love this idea to stays neutral, but we don't know the ig impact of this choices, so i hope we will have some "real lights" about this system in the near future).

Shield Gating = SoonTM XD

4 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

I didn't include this in the overview, but the Devs talked about wanting to create similar content to Raids that is more accessible, but that can also satisfy the section of the community that plays the Trials now.

I don't know how that applies to existing Raids, but accessibility is something on their minds.

I think one of the real problem of raids is to have not much loots in Raids (1 random Arcane). I think you must adds loots in different steps of a raid (more loot and/or diversity if it's a nightmare), maybe like Zaws parts created for this Raids with designs and functionality of the respective faction in the raid.

For me, you must change this Arcanes loot system by :

- If you do LoR raid in normal, you gains 1 LoR Arcane part

- If you do LoR raid in nightmare, you gains 2 LoR Arcane parts

- If you do JV raid in normal, you gains 1 JV Arcane part

- You must now research each schemes of Arcanes in the Dojos' Labs (Chem for LoR, Bio for JV). Commons Arcanes Schemes must be research in the respective Lab before Uncommons Arcanes Schemes can be research, and Uncommons Arcanes Schemes must be research before Rares Arcanes Schemes can be research.

- If you wants build an Arcane, you must have the respective scheme, a number of Arcanes part egal to his rarity (1 for Common or 2 for Uncommon or 3 for Rare) and of it's respective Raid, plus other ressources of the respective faction (ex : for LoR Arcanes, you must have ressources used by Grineers, like Ferrite or Gallium)

- The Arcanes have a new design visually linked to the raid faction (LoR Arcanes are more Grineers-style, and JV Arcanes are more Infested-style)

- This Arcane Parts are tradeables between players or for a lot of credits in the inventory

4 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Sounds promising, hope it works out.

12 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Rifle Riven Alert!

see, we NEED more of this..getting tired of RNG sorties lol

riven alerts would be great for rotations.

NEW WEAPON TYPE

Your (my?) dreams of wielding the Tessaiga are finally coming true. We're working on a new weapon grip type for large two-handed Katanas. Here's a look at what to expect:

Hide contents

Sephiroth confirmed :P

3 meter Warframe and Operator vacuum was added with Update 22. We will potentially iterate on this in the future, but nothing is confirmed at this time.

there was? make it 6 meters and it MAY be noticeable.

Guys please please please bring back the tenno abilities like Phoenix gaze on madurai school and mending tides.

Like when you hold 5 button to shoot the lazer beam from the operator's chest

I really miss these abilities

15 minutes ago, Mr.Rsa said:

Guys please please please bring back the tenno abilities like Phoenix gaze on madurai school and mending tides.

Like when you hold 5 button to shoot the lazer beam from the operator's chest

I really miss these abilities

Wait wait, the operators DID something if you didn't immediately send them back to the ship so you could go back to pretending they didn't exist?

Archived