Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #100 Overview

[DE]Taylor

On 04.11.2017 at 2:37 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

Did you miss your chance to spam !plat in our Twitch Chat for Devstream 100? While we can’t replicate that experience, we can tell you what was talked about and revealed for this milestone stream!

You can see all of the dirty details (including one too many knob jokes) in the full 2-hour special, or simply read our overview below:

Reveal hidden contents

HOUSEKEEPING

• The Plains of Eidolon update for Console will hopefully be sent to cert tonight!
  • 3 PC Alerts are live for 100 Hours after the stream: Orokin Catalyst Alert, Orokin Reactor Alert, Rifle Riven Alert!
  • Consoles have the 24 Hour GOTL Alert live, and will receive the other 3 Alerts once Cert is done. 

NEW WARFRAME - KHORA

Here’s Khora, one of the Warframes we’ve been working on behind the scenes:

Reveal hidden contents

Af7ScVD.png

With her, you will be able to summon her own custom Kavat (even if you already have a Kavat equipped – you’re one step closer to full Kavat-lady status) and an exalted Whip!

She will have the ability to change her damage output between slash/impact/puncture, and her appearance will change to reflect it.

NEXT EIDOLON

Here’s a look at early progress for the next Eidolon, with banana Excalibur for scale! This fellow will stomp around on his blade-like arms, and possibly fly around the Landscape for you to pursue.

Reveal hidden contents

TkJB2S2.jpg

The version on the left is the Eidolon ‘intact’, and the version on the right is the Eidolon having replaced his (lost) head with a piece of blubber from the Orokin Tower. If you haven’t heard before, Eidolons as we know them now are damaged from the Old War and search the Landscape for their missing parts, replacing them with whatever they can find. 

Geoff mentioned bringing out variants for the existing Teralyst as well – what will its arm be next?!

DAILY TRIBUTE SYSTEM CHANGES 

We’re making changes to the Daily Tribute System with the introduction of “Tracks”. After the initial 50 days of logins, you will be given the option to choose the track for your next milestone, taken from the existing milestone rewards (Zenistar, Primed Shred, etc.). After another 50 days (number still TBD), you will unlock the item and pick your next Track.

OPERATION PLAGUE STAR

THE METEOR HAS LANDED! Have you ventured onto the Plains to investigate it yet? 

Next week will come a new Operation tied to the meteor, with new and returning rewards. Here’s a look at the new infested Zaws that you will be able to earn from this event:

Reveal hidden contents

wvD6sE6.jpg

Full album of in-progress pics can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/tGAXF

The Snipetron will also be making a comeback with this Operation.

BOUNTY REWARD CHANGES

We’re changing how you receive rewards from Bounties. Currently you receive one item upon its completion, but now you will earn a reward upon the success of each stage. 

The first few stages will pull rewards from the common and uncommon pool, and the last two stages pull from the complete drop table.

FOCUS CHANGES

Since Focus 2.0 went out, we’ve heard a lot of feedback about how it feels to unlock nodes and gain Focus points, and it’s not what we wanted to hear. So, we’re smashing the system again. You will be given the opportunity to respec your schools once again.

Here’s a look at what’s changing:

We will be removing tree-specific Focus capacity and moving to one Universal capacity for all schools. This way it’ll be easier to move between Schools, like the Way-Bound passives already offer.

The daily Focus Point cap is also being removed and replaced with a curve. When you first start playing, you will receive a boost of Focus experience, with less being received the more that you farm. The point on the curve at which you receive diminishing returns will probably mirror the existing cap now. Instead of receiving no Focus points at all after this level, you’ll simply get less of them.

We’re experimenting with the boosted Focus gain in a few ways as well:

1 – Have the initial boost be tied to your Mastery Rank. The higher it is, the more you earn.

2 – Playing a range of different mission types will add to this booster, encouraging diversity when gaining Focus points. You can play the same mission over and over if you want, but venturing into other nodes on the Star Chart will give you a bonus.

The Focus System is here to address the “what’s beyond 30?” question – that is, what happens to the affinity you earn after levelling up all your gear? These changes are meant to benefit both players who passively gain Affinity in their journey in the Star Chart, as well as those who actively work towards meeting their daily cap.

NEW GRINEER GHOUL ENEMY

Reveal hidden contents

They spawn out of body bags buried in the ground. 

Using the explosives tied to their arms, they launch themselves at you.

They terrify me. Send help.

NEW WEAPON TYPE

Your (my?) dreams of wielding the Tessaiga are finally coming true. We're working on a new weapon grip type for large two-handed Katanas. Here's a look at what to expect:

Reveal hidden contents

INCREASED DETAIL ON WARFRAMES

Lots of work being done towards bringing up the level of detail for Warframe. Here’s a peek at the improvements you can expect:

Reveal hidden contents

gpBbWzI.png

48A6aZ5.jpg

nIxbURh.jpg

REMASTERS VS NEW TILESETS

Remasters aren’t high on our priority list as we have already dealt with the worst offenders. Instead, our focus will be on world expansions, and incorporating tilesets into those expansions. You might see an instance of this with the new Operation next week!

An Asteroid remaster is being worked on, but we have no release date at this time.

MAKE CLANS GREAT AGAIN

We have a dedicated Clan team that continued to grow this year, which means we have a lot planned for the Clan and Dojo systems in the future. 
An overall relighting and remaster for Dojos will be coming, in addition to a reinvigoration of content. Steve talked about customizable Obstacle courses for players to create, as well as different (faction?) themes for the Dojo’s aesthetic. If you love the Tenno style, that’s awesome, but we’re looking to expand the customization of this Clan space.

These themes may also be incorporated into your ship, as we have things planned for the third Orbiter door.

OTHER TIDBITS

• The Sacrifice will not be released this year.
  • We’re working on petting animations and idles for Operators.
  • We are looking into ways of incorporating the Leave Squad functionality from Plains of Eidolon into other endless missions.
  • Plains-specific resources will be used and available for other items in the future, once stockpiles build up!
  • Lots of discussion has gone into dealing with veteran resource stockpiles and how to best make use of them. 
  • 3 meter Warframe and Operator vacuum was added with Update 22. We will potentially iterate on this in the future, but nothing is confirmed at this time.
  • The Sentient Arm Cannon is set to come with the Sentient Outpost, which was revealed this year at TennoCon. You might see a tease about this kind of weaponry at the end of this year.
  • No Raids currently in the works or being talked about.
  • The Relay reconstruction event is planned, but is not quite ready yet. In it, players will be able to choose the theme of the Relay and more. Each platform will have their own unique Relay depending on what the community chooses. 
  • Fan melee weapons were put to the side but are still being worked on.
  • We are hoping for more Octavia song packs, and maybe the ability to change what key your composition is in.
  • No current plans for boots (other than for walking).
  • There is a plan in place for the moral decisions system introduced with The War Within. The team alluded to it relating to the “Man in the Wall” from the Chains of Harrow Quest. 
  • We tested out Shield Gating and it didn’t accomplish what we wanted. It’s not off the table, but we’re not comfortable to add it right now.

==========================================

THE REMOTE OBSERVER - VOL 16.5

For sake of space, we've compiled our weekly update note round-up into the spoilers below. If you want a look at important changes that came to PC this week that you might have missed, keep on reading:

Reveal hidden contents

Plains of Eidolon:

• Increased the Cetus Standing reward for each Bounty tier.
  • Replaced Grokdrul and Iradite pickups from crates and caches with Rubedo and Ferrite in the Plains.
  • Added Circuits to Turret drop tables; added Circuits, Rubedo and Ferrite to Dropship drop tables; added Plastids, Circuits, Oxium and Cryotic as rewards for Bounties in the first two tiers.
  • Fixed some missing reward pools in Bounty reward rotations.

Zaw Changes:

• Kwath additional damage increased from 9 to 14.
  • Kroostra additional damage increased from 9 to 14.
  • Mewan base damage increased from 81 to 86.
  • Kronsh base damage increased from 81 to 86.
  • Ruhang additional damage increased from 9 to 14.
  • Ruhang II additional damage increased from 18 to 28.

Zaw Stat Fixes:

• Ooltha's base Critical Chance changed from 22% to 18% as intended.
  • Mewan's base Status Chance change from 22% to 18% as intended.

Other:

• Fixed a progression stopper where Vor was invincible. 
  • Operators can now always Transference to their Warframe while in air, but Warframes can only Transference to Operator once while in the air.
  • Convergence Orbs are now more lenient in Endless missions, and spawn at a position relative to the objective instead of the player. Orbs are also more combat-focused so that they are more likely to spawn as soon as the chance from a kill succeeds (before there could be short delays).
  • Fixed Zaw Rivens having unintentionally lower stats than their Disposition indicated. This results in an overall Zaw Riven buff by 50%.

Thanks for reading, Tenno! Have an amazing weekend. :community:

soo sentient outpost isnt at this year?

On 11/4/2017 at 6:19 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

I didn't include this in the overview, but the Devs talked about wanting to create similar content to Raids that is more accessible, but that can also satisfy the section of the community that plays the Trials now.

I don't know how that applies to existing Raids, but accessibility is something on their minds.

8-man mode eidolons? :P

DevStream Review:
1. No Umbra. Not a problem, there's already too much going on. I want Umbra to be well polished before it comes out.
2. Next planet... Don't really need that (I'll explain ahead).
3. Dojo with obstacle room... This could be great to teach new players, specially about the most complex mission (more ahead).
4. Focus rework. Yes. One poll to distribute to gather and them distribute has we want sounds good, but what do we do with our Lens then? Still, I need that. I am one of those that will definitelly take 10 years to max everything. Although I do know how to farm it, I just don't have the time with all that there is in game. More ahead.
5. Login rewards with branches is a great idea. I would even add that you could gift then to players on their Anniversary of playing Warframe (maybe a combination of mod+weapon), just a thought.
6. New weapon in parts is a good way to level MR (cuz some of them that's all they are really good for anyway) without having multiple weapons in inventory, keep them comming.
7. Endless mission with "leave when you want" - finnaly.
8. Raids/Trials are limited to a very few players. Jordas Verdict was supposed to change that but it's even harder than Lord or Retribution! No return on investment by DE, so want to design something for everyone, but the faster(?) you do it the better the reward... Hmmm. Pause for thought (also more ahead).

[Note: next text is pretty thick. If it's too much, jump to TL;DR.]

So, about (point 2.) new planets VS set/tile redesign - Firts of all, I don't want new planets. I want to land on the existing ones like Eris and/or Neptune. Battling Infested on their home (nests) would be amazing and I also would like to see Underwater Corpus... Cuz we don't have that.
Now about redesigning: When you do something new I think you should do it for new players to be astonished, not to win over old ones. If I already drove a rusted buggy, painting it Ferrari red is not gonna make me wanna drive it again. I must admit that Earth after the rework looked/looks amazing. I even did some extermination missions there to find the new Captura scenes and stopped in aw to look at it. Sadly, and even do I loved it, after that I really didn't go back at all.
My problem with planets is that they look too much alike. Sometimes entering a mission, I don't really bother reading the alerts, but I never know where I am. There are NO visual queues that diferenciate ALL planets (or ships by that matter). For planets there is: ice, sand, green and underwater... And that's it. I don't agree with making more sets/planets, just for the sake of "more stuff" there is already a lot in the game. However I do agree that there needs to be clear and unmistakable diferences between EVERY planet. If you need an example of how you can diferenciate, look at Void and Lua. Both orokin, both with white and gold, but one rocky and one not. That single element inclusion tells the player (just looking around) where he is.
The Kuva Fortress is another good example because it is TOTTALY diferent from all other Grinner sets, the color alone works. However, to go back there you need something better than a mod for MACHETES. Who uses Machetes anyway? They are so weak. If it was for Nikana or Galatine, them you might get more people, but not with machetes. People ask for Kuva (and why not? even in a small amount and/or in a special mission) or a boss with (Nox?) weapon parts there and you will see the player count go up.
So, change the colors or the shading of planets, maybe panspermia some elements from Earth to other planets (since it has so much), insert diferent assets and/or color logo for enemy level (grinner logo going from green to red in sets and ships, depending on level of enemies for example), something. I really want to see all planets with the level of Earth design now. But I also want to land on the Infested Planet. And I bet new players would absolutelly love it too.

Now, about Raids (point 8.). The Dojo "obstacle course" (point 3.) could be a great way to tutor players in how to make them IF we could build that. But the real problem is that there is little to no information/preparation IN-GAME. LOR is the absolute worst with NO REGULAR MISSION being even close to what you have to do in it. Jordas Verdict showed promissed, since the Nidus farm in Oestrus already gave us a glimpse at the mechanics, but them the Archwing gates and specially the last fase... It is just insane. I will even say that it is not fair! Most missions in the game you can do trial an error, but Raids are hidden behind secret doors that only those who play them can show others to do OR (if you are stuborn enough, which I am) google that thing and try to 'sneak' in missions to do them.

Which leads me to another topic: no information in game of how to do stuff.
Warframe is Community Oriented, that much is true, but you can't expect player to catter to every other/new player necessaty every time. Even the fact that you have/need Guides of the Lotus shows just how flawed this system is. Having Lotus gives queues and hints when we are being fired upon by dozen of enemies and dying does NOT help. Tutorials, video tutorials, trial runs, completation requirements, buid upon other requirements (espionage is a good example: low levels - one decription required, above - more, that sort of thing)...all this is necessary so that players can "mature and grow" as the game reveals more and more. We have seen the debocle that the Plains have brought upon new players, this must not happen (again) or people will run from the game confused with everything, instead of trying again and again until they get it right.

This being said, segway to my last topic: the Plains of Eidolon itself.
(NOTE: This will be a limited apreciation since I am a console player and POE as not hit consoles yet!) 
So, with all Sindicates you can equip a regalia/logo of said sindicate and gain a percentage of standing doing... whatever. Aparantly, this is not possible in the Plains Sindicates.
You can craft a fishing spear, which I will be honest, I tought this was going to be a regular weapon that you could ALSO use for fishing... I was wrong.
All resources in the plains are just for use IN THE PLAINS! So I thought: "Wait, can I at least put an Extractor there?" No you can't.
And last, but not least, the Operator finally as a use... But only to fight the Eidolon. Honestly, I was expecting a lot more. People have found much better use for the Operator in LOR/JV and in Espionage Missions than DE has found for them to do. I was expecting, and even did a post in forums, that there should be like "rifts" (like in Relic cracking) or "cracks" (like we see in Lua) that the Operator could go in, do a little mission and then obtain something. And this would happen randomly ALL OVER THE STARTCHART, a bit like finding an Ayatan. But somehow someone decided to use a character that has 100 health and no shield to do... Combat. You could at least give us the chance to use a 8 men squad me member to take down the Eidolon... Just an idea.
Ultimatelly, we have to agree that the Plains are a "closed" game within a game. A bit like "What happens in the Plains stays in the Plains". And I think we would all be better served if this was only open after a certain MR and/or planet (preferably near or after Kronia Relay... maybe). Because of the use of the Operator, which most players that open Earth don't even have, but also because players need to know what all the buttons and nobs (little joke here) do in the game BEFORE getting in there.

So, just to sum it all up. I loved the DevStream. The new assets look cool (will probably see them in a year or two. lol), the game in moving in the right direction, BUT the Devs need to think about the crescento of new players and they should have some kind of test/feedback from new players (aka "noobs") to see what are or could be the troubles, problems or complications of the game. Because everyone in DE knows the game so much, and so well, they are sometimes 'blinded' by their own light when creating something this diferent and new. So a kind of "noob pov" of sorts could help avoid these 'growing pains'... specially on something of this magnitude like POE.

This is my feedback. Sorry for being so long, but thank you for reading it.

TL;DR - the game is moving in the right direction, but it needs to upgrade itself to tackle AAA competition and to have more (easy and familiar) information for new players.

On 11/4/2017 at 7:37 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

BOUNTY REWARD CHANGES

We’re changing how you receive rewards from Bounties. Currently you receive one item upon its completion, but now you will earn a reward upon the success of each stage. 

The first few stages will pull rewards from the common and uncommon pool, and the last two stages pull from the complete drop table.

Can't wait for this to be implemented. The best change DE ever has

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:15 AM, Genoscythe said:

Didn't we just get a female frame already with gara? Or is the 2x femframe the compensation for nezha and wukong being 2 male frames released at once? How will this affect the prime-frame order in uuuuh... 5 years?

I have a feeling that we're getting a male Warframe before getting Khora.

On 11/3/2017 at 7:37 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

BOUNTY REWARD CHANGES

This could be a nice additional to the Sorties system.

Archived