Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A true Katana is coming!

METAHUMVN

5 hours ago, Phyrak said:

Daikyu Prime at some point would be nice

Bow arms of equal length 

Wear full edo armour 

Now the question is which warframe to use with such a combination 

As long as the Daikyu prime does not have a Scattershot... I'm still salty about Cernos Prime. Luckily I have the Rakta Cernos to fall back on e.e

6 hours ago, SpoonyBrad said:

Or just a comically (mangaly? is that a word? it is now) oversized katana; warframes do, compared to normal humans, possess super-strength. As far as real world stuff goes, yeah, that's far closer to a nodachi (although historically, different Japanese schools of swordsmanship preferred different styles and sizes of blade, so it's not completely ridiculous to call it a katana). I'll be interested to see how this plays out (I kinda thought that the nikanas already filled the katana role, but sure, gaining another weapon category is always fun).

Ah, so identification is up in the air as to what it could be thanks to a dozen different standards. Dem it, thanks.

2 hours ago, ShikiRen said:

As long as the Daikyu prime does not have a Scattershot... I'm still salty about Cernos Prime. Luckily I have the Rakta Cernos to fall back on e.e

Amen to that

If a passive should be had - what sort of passive would daikyu p have?

38 minutes ago, Phyrak said:

Amen to that

Well it is a status bow, so maybe it could be the first to break 100% status chance? Double or triple gas cloud procs :3

Or it could ignore (a percantage of the) armor after a certain range, to enforce it being a longbow.

Or maybe apply a snare on hit in addition to the stagger on the non prime vairant, because of the huge force behind the shot.

38 minutes ago, Gemenai said:

Well it is a status bow, so maybe it could be the first to break 100% status chance? Double or triple gas cloud procs :3

Or it could ignore (a percantage of the) armor after a certain range, to enforce it being a longbow.

Or maybe apply a snare on hit in addition to the stagger on the non prime vairant, because of the huge force behind the shot.

One and two sound good 

Three could be an interesting addition

6 hours ago, Phyrak said:

Amen to that

My dream Daikyu Prime has the same damage as Daikyu, 50% crit, and a 5-second draw time (and, like the Daikyu, can only fire fully-charged shots). Frickin' colony drop damage, but you can only fire at most 1/second.

7 hours ago, Emolition said:

He allready did that by posting it where the clip start so all a person have to do is push play and you at the right time. Unless pull it back to the start.

For some reason it's not working for me.  Starts the video at the beginning, even copying the URL doesn't work.  :shrug:

17 hours ago, Phyrak said:

Daikyu Prime at some point would be nice

Bow arms of equal length 

Wear full edo armour 

Now the question is which warframe to use with such a combination 

You mean a bow twice the size of my frame, right? 

Also has to be Frost 

18 hours ago, Unus said:

Is it a Dai-katana or No-Dachi? Apologies, I'm a bit rusty on my Nihonese weaponry.

according to a friend of mine who studied Kendo for several years and is a total weeb, they're more like Daikatanas, though they are easily mistaken for Odachi. DE themselves label it as simply "two-handed Katana", even though they've likely done some research into the proper weapon terminology. going on what they say, it's a Daikatana.

the idle moves remind me of the Odachi from Nioh though..

51 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

according to a friend of mine who studied Kendo for several years and is a total weeb, they're more like Daikatanas, though they are easily mistaken for Odachi. DE themselves label it as simply "two-handed Katana", even though they've likely done some research into the proper weapon terminology. going on what they say, it's a Daikatana.

the idle moves remind me of the Odachi from Nioh though..

You know, I wonder you would call someone obsessed with western culture in Internetish? Knights and the like. Does that just fall under the "nerd" slap-on or is there some term in the depths of digi-lingo that describes one of that kind? Or is it that the Internetish simply takes a page from flesh-space and substance them Westophiles?

ANYWAY, anyway. . . AH, your mention reminded me of something, I think the Nos were used from horseback and the dais were for decapitating horses from the ground, so I think your friend is on-point in that regard

Also, Nioh? Isn't that that one game that was the "ancient past" of Nier?

1 minute ago, Unus said:

You know, I wonder you would call someone obsessed with western culture in Internetish? Knights and the like. Does that just fall under the "nerd" slap-on or is there some term in the depths of digi-lingo that describes one of that kind? Or is it that the Internetish simply takes a page from flesh-space and substance them Westophiles?

Otaku goes both ways, and piggu is catching on.