Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A true Katana is coming!

METAHUMVN

55 minutes ago, Unus said:

You know, I wonder you would call someone obsessed with western culture in Internetish? Knights and the like. Does that just fall under the "nerd" slap-on or is there some term in the depths of digi-lingo that describes one of that kind? Or is it that the Internetish simply takes a page from flesh-space and substance them Westophiles?

ANYWAY, anyway. . . AH, your mention reminded me of something, I think the Nos were used from horseback and the dais were for decapitating horses from the ground, so I think your friend is on-point in that regard

Also, Nioh? Isn't that that one game that was the "ancient past" of Nier?

if I were Japanese and making fun of other japs who like western things, I'd call them Westaboos. it works both ways; we love Samurais and Nippon steel, and the japs love cowboys and Six Shooters; take Revolver Ocelot for example.

and Nioh has nothing to do with Nier lol, it's basically Dark Souls; Anime edition.

1 hour ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Otaku goes both ways, and piggu is catching on. 

Ah, fascinating, a Japanese term that has become ""poly-lingual".

Also, huh, Piggu? I'd expect that to be a derogatory term for someone who supports S.W.A.T., but, what do I know of the mind of a normal digital inhabitant? Thanks for answering my rampant thought-train anyway suh, unexpected, to say the least.

Just now, Unus said:

Ah, fascinating, a Japanese term that has become ""poly-lingual".

In a sense, yeah. Otaku to us just means a guy who likes anime and other Japanese culture, but to them it more represents a useless degenerate NEET dropout of society, because watching anime is what useless degenerate NEET dropouts of society do. It's funny to me that something we like so much is so hated where it comes from. 

4 minutes ago, Unus said:

Also, huh, Piggu? I'd expect that to be a derogatory term for someone who supports S.W.A.T., but, what do I know of the mind of a normal digital inhabitant? Thanks for answering my rampant thought-train anyway suh, unexpected, to say the least.

Comes from the common saying of "American pig go home" but pig jut sounds like piggu. Think (gag) Garasu, where Gara got her name, just a Japanese pronunciation of glass. Some say buta which is Japanese for pig, but it didn't really catch on. 

Man,  I have to stay off the chans. 

52 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

if I were Japanese and making fun of other japs who like western things, I'd call them Westaboos. it works both ways; we love Samurais and Nippon steel, and the japs love cowboys and Six Shooters; take Revolver Ocelot for example.

and Nioh has nothing to do with Nier lol, it's basically Dark Souls; Anime edition.

Goddem it, missed your message! Sorry. But, yeah, after seeing that Cowboy Bebop cult hit mentioned a few dozen times by my. . is it Weeb or Weeabo for girl and boy or . . . ?. . Bah, nevermind. Yeah, that was kinda my thinking that the mystique of Western Lore of the North-American and European lore might have some influence. Actually thought for the longest time that          Japanese were stringently isolationist and hands-off with other countries, especially after the recent Okinawan Riots (although I've also heard that Okinawa was basically "Japanese Texas).

16 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

In a sense, yeah. Otaku to us just means a guy who likes anime and other Japanese culture, but to them it more represents a useless degenerate NEET dropout of society, because watching anime is what useless degenerate NEET dropouts of society do. It's funny to me that something we like so much is so hated where it comes from. 

Comes from the common saying of "American pig go home" but pig jut sounds like piggu. Think (gag) Garasu, where Gara got her name, just a Japanese pronunciation of glass. Some say buta which is Japanese for pig, but it didn't really catch on. 

Man,  I have to stay off the chans. 

Heh, now THATS the term I heard over in the forum for a certain series I fell in love with, No Education, Economics, or Training. I've learned more here then weeks on that forum, thanks.

Ah, a bitter insult at the "World Police" World-View of the United States, I see. . . .its a shame we couldn't get another country to do the job, but, eh, been as much of a gift as a curse.

Sorry about that sir, as soon as I smelled a whiff of information I diddn't have, I had to leap on it like an Exacilber with a. . .what would be a good name for a. . . .AHA, maybe they could call this new monster of a blade the Anguis. 
You know, for that old myth of that sword called the Kusanagi? "Blade of the Snake".

Edited by Unus

13 minutes ago, MrForz said:

Hm. That thing looks like the glorious Murakumo.

GKuEVKW.jpg

Make this twice as long and I'll be vaguely interested. 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Heh, now THATS the term I heard over in the forum for a certain series I fell in love with, No Education, Economics, or Training. I've learned more here then weeks on that forum, thanks. 

Boards of that kind usually require you to lurk for several months or even years to even begin to understand how to participate. Reason is not a requirement. 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ah, a bitter insult at the "World Police" World-View of the United States, I see. . . .its a shame we couldn't get another country to do the job, but, eh, been as much of a gift as a curse.

Might have something to do with them dropping 2 nukes on them or something, I dunno. 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Sorry about that sir, as soon as I smelled a whiff of information I diddn't have, I had to leap on it like an Exacilber with a. . .what would be a good name for a. . . .AHA, maybe they could call this new monster of a blade the Anguis. 

You know, for that old myth of that sword called the Kusanagi? "Blade of the Snake".

No problem, ya nerd.

Hm, I like it, but I'd go with the Shizao to stick with the old washing pole Sasaki Kojiro had. 

On the design DE showcased, I feel the guard / tsuba is a bit too exaggerated. Bring it down a little in size and it's good to go.

With regard to the actual move-set and stances, I'm hoping to see a heavy focus on downward slashes and cuts, which is typical swordplay for a weapon like this in Japan.

33 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Make this twice as long and I'll be vaguely interested. 

Boards of that kind usually require you to lurk for several months or even years to even begin to understand how to participate. Reason is not a requirement. 

Might have something to do with them dropping 2 nukes on them or something, I dunno. 

No problem, ya nerd.

Hm, I like it, but I'd go with the Shizao to stick with the old washing pole Sasaki Kojiro had. 

And here I thought that the Gram was enough for folks. 

As an ape that thrives on reason and was so inspired by said series that it it is slowly working on a story based in it's universe with as little contact with the original cast as possible in order to prevent story collisions and typical forced insertion cringiness. . . I'm inclined to agree sadly.

2 bouts of genocide for 2 bouts of genocide. Gotta love the mathematics of war, especially when fanaticism is dragged into it. And yet, here we are playing a game all about focused brinksmanship of the same kind. The world is truly a weird place. The Gods Must Be Crazy.

Ah, the fellow that went up against the grandmaster a combat eh? I could see that as a stance reference. The other one would have to be a Japanese animation reference in my book, seeing as one of the old niks apparently refers to some kinda blind swordsmen from a story. Know anyone popular like that?

Thinking about how the named the nikana though, I have a feeling the name might be something as simple as calling it a "Nidacho" or something.

Dem . . .sorry I'm just continually tangleing you in this conversation. Or, rather, should I call it "Ramble and Response"?

Edited by Unus

On 11/5/2017 at 4:21 AM, Date_Terumune said:

Go Volt or go home, he looks most fitting out of all frames when it comes to samurai theme.

I disagree. Volt & Volt Prime, although Ninja-Like in appearance, gives off more of a spiritual vibe in my opinion, whilst Ash looks like a Ninja. Despite the great design both Ash & Ash prime have on all of their skins, Ninja-Like or not, I feel as though the Samurai looks suits him more. Besides, I feel as though Loki already fits the Ninja role. Anywho, Volt being sorta spiritual in nature sounds pretty accurate to me, especially with the supernatural aspects of his electricity based abilities. I feel as though his Prime design kinda takes away from this theme somewhat (but that might just be my bias; I don't particularly like Volt Prime's design and default color scheme) but the spiritual (imp) and/or the ninja design might not have been what the developers were going for. Sorry for the novel.

BTW Ash Bai Hu over Koga8K_nuiKsRu4.jpg

On 11/5/2017 at 12:10 AM, Marvelous_A said:

The blade is good but once again the animation design is not very good. Too many useless and impractical moves.. why do you rotate the blade before delivering a slash? That's beyond me. Crimson Dervish, Desicive Judgement and Cleaving Whirlwind still still have the best movesets.

You do realize that is only the idle animation right? And even if they do include flashy impractical moves, who cares? If you want realistic sword fighting maybe you shouldn't be playing a game about super powered gun toting space ninjas. :lotus: Try For Honor if you want realism in sword fighting.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:55 AM, kyori said:

Dark Souls 2... forgot the boss name... Sir something...

Bewitched Alonne Sword. My favourite weapon judging by the looks. And I paired it with Chaos Blade using power stance - you can trade and punish really hard while being super stylish with that wicked blade.

Sry for the offtopic

5 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Well then i guess my first question still stands then lol

If the sword can adhere to iai stance, (draw and cut, and returning to scabbard when idle)
then it is pretty much going to need a sheath to do all that animation.

Though if DE make it kind of drawn idle then there wouldn't be much scabbard animation thing. 
Still the nodachi will most likely look like a katana-shaped galatine with new animation.

It might just ends up looking much like this.

2 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

If the sword can adhere to iai stance, (draw and cut, and returning to scabbard when idle)
then it is pretty much going to need a sheath to do all that animation.

Though if DE make it kind of drawn idle then there wouldn't be much scabbard animation thing. 
Still the nodachi will most likely look like a katana-shaped galatine with new animation.

It might just ends up looking much like this.

Yeah i have a feeling that it's gonna be like that. But i guess time will tell