Chroma rework, Vex armor and Effigy synergy.

REWORK FOR CHROMA IS COMING, so I would like to DE consider those ideas.

Statistics:
Armor 700 (up from 350, to feet new Vex armor)

1.Spectral Scream (This should be CC ability, the same affects to Effigy pelt)
Range 20 meters (increased from 10, too low)
70% status change per second (affected by power strength)
Damage affected by Effigy (doubles the damage while Effigy ability is ON).

(different idea) 1, 2 or 3. Elemental Reborn (change any ability to new ability, if it would be good idea)
Chroma by using this ability can reborn him self into a new dragon with new element. Switching between appearance config A,B and C (3 max elements).
How should it looks:

2.Elemental Ward
Range 20 meters (up from 12m, to buff others too, 12m is too low)
"Right now no idea on Buff changes."

3. Vex Armor (It probably will be nerfed to not one shot Eidolon, so here my idea)
Ability turn ON-OFF at any time.
Chroma increase his damage and armor in time (not by getting damage anymore), to reach maximum buff chroma need to turn Vex armor for 15 seconds. But it will increase in time energy cost: from 1.25(start) to 2.5 (after 15 seconds max buffs) energy per second.
increase to maximum of 75% damage(down from 175%, look at effigy buffs), and increase to maximum of 175% armor(down from 350%, look at his statistic boost, so it will be the same as 350% but stat buff will let him survive without Vex Armor buff)

4. Effigy
Ability turn ON-OFF at any time. Cost 5 energy per second (down from 10 energy which is insane drain, and this must change)
Chroma sacrifices half of his armor by taking out his pelt, but doubles his damage (not affected by power strength, with Vex armor it is a total of 150% damage buff).

SUMMARY:
-Spectral Scream increased range and status chance effected by power strength, letting this ability to be useful CC ability.
-Vex armor now will rise buffs in time, not by damage, Chroma that way won't need to have 400 shield, or lose some of health to gain buffs, but can't get 100% buffs in 2-3 seconds by self damage, or by insane enemy DPS. Making this ability turn ON, OFF at any time. Chroma won't need anymore massive amount of duration, and by that we can put other MODS.
-increased his armor in stats but reduced armor increase in vex armor, to let him survive without having Vex armor turned ON all the time, still ends up with the same ARMOR at max buff.
-decreased Vex armor damage stat(nerf on this is unavoidable ), but let him get almost the same increase of damage by using effigy, but reducing his armor by half. Something for Something. Chroma by that way won't need insane POWER STRENGTH to gain a lot of Damage buff, overextended builds viable.

Why nerf it, I mean it's been year it's been like that and now that finally people start to use it, to realise, it had to be nerfed ?

Passive ? I mean why can't I switch to the 4th element, DE prove they are capable to switch from for a warframe (equinox for example) and able to have 4 spells on one button (Vauban for example).

Edited by Soketsu
don't want to be too mean

Sorry but no one at DE or anyone else for that matter has said Chroma was getting reworked......lol, as for what u want, sorry but DE doesn't just see 1 post and thinks, "yeah lets do that".....anyhoo, good try, but no rework scheduled for Chroma in the foreseeable future........

2 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

Why nerf it, I mean it's been year it's been like that and now that finally people start to use it, to realise, it had to be nerfed ?

People are using Chroma Vex Armor DMG buff on Eidolon by one shooting it. After seeing this, they said that Chroma is next for rework. So his Vex Armor almost for 100% sure will be nerfed.

3 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

People are using Chroma Vex Armor DMG buff on Eidolon by one shooting it. After seeing this, they said that Chroma is next for rework. So his Vex Armor almost for 100% sure will be nerfed.

... so getting him a real passive is too hard, or making the other abilites relevant is impossible,but nerfing an abilty who allow us to defeat bosses like that for 2 year now that it touch to a particular foe getting him so attention ? I'm impressed

Edited by Soketsu
8 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

Passive ? I mean why can't I switch to the 4th element, DE prove they are capable to switch from for a warframe (equinox for example) and able to have 4 spells on one button (Vauban for example).

It's less about nerfing, and more about giving some substance to the frame itself instead of just being a gun-buffing frozen rug. I have no idea of the fate of Vex Armor however.

Edited by MrForz
Just now, MrForz said:

It's less about nerfing, and more about giving some substance to the frame itself instead of just being a gun-buffing frozen rug.

Sorry but I'm bit mistrustful about rework when it touch a relevant abilitie in general

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)T0PP HATT said:

Sorry but no one at DE or anyone else for that matter has said Chroma was getting reworked......lol, as for what u want, sorry but DE doesn't just see 1 post and thinks, "yeah lets do that".....anyhoo, good try, but no rework scheduled for Chroma in the foreseeable future........

I wan't them to read that and consider some ideas.

Huh I can't find any official info about Chroma Rework, but I remember that on Reddit or in my clan people were laughing: Haha omg, guess who gonna get nerfed?
CHROMA is next rework.

4 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

but nerfing an abilty who allow us to defeat bosses like that for 2 year now that it touch to a particular foe getting him so attention ? I'm impressed

Naramon Shadow step, was super OverPowered and has been nerfed.
Valkyr Immortality was nerfed with higher energy costs.

All of those were 2 years or more:
-Excalibur was changed due to being weak.
-Oberon was changed due to being weak.
-Frost got good changes, now his abilities are good.
And some others.
We didn't need changes?... WE NEEDED THEM, they are now useful. We don't need only buffs buffs and buffs, we need nerfs too, to get the game somehow balanced. If only we will get only Buffs, then there will be 0 challenge in game. Just deal with it.

So let's use chroma until he become useless like another frame who get a "rework" and now is in the under used list

4 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Naramon Shadow step, was super OverPowered and has been nerfed.
Valkyr Immortality was nerfed with higher energy costs.

All of those were 2 years or more:
-Excalibur was changed due to being weak.
-Oberon was changed due to being weak.
-Frost got good changes, now his abilities are good.
And some others.
We didn't need changes?... WE NEEDED THEM, they are now useful. We don't need only buffs buffs and buffs, we need nerfs too, to get the game somehow balanced. If only we will get only Buffs, then there will be 0 challenge in game. Just deal with it.

Because you think this game have any real challenge to offer XD ?

Edited by Soketsu
1 minute ago, Soketsu said:

Because you think this game have any real challenge to offer XD ?

If you go ember, banshee, oberon, volt on sorties you have a challenge. If you play only using overpowered Warframes the game is not challenging, and it's because people wan't just buffs, and cry on every nerf.

1 minute ago, IfritKajiTora said:

If you go ember, banshee, oberon, volt on sorties you have a challenge. If you play only using overpowered Warframes the game is not challenging, and it's because people wan't just buffs, and cry on every nerf.

Yes because some play to have fun ;)

If I wanted something more challenging I will probably not be here

Edited by Soketsu
8 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

Yes because some play to have fun ;)

0 challenge means no fun, especially online games.
If people wan't to have fun with no challenge, then there are many Single Player games where you can use cheats, GOD MODE, infinite ammo, insane movement speed etc. POSTAL 2 AWP mod is one of the best funs. Or go low leveled runs in Warframe, and become a god, so much fun (seriously it's not fun in Warframe).

Some people see fun of being very good or being the best. If you feel that way by using OverPowered Warframe, then it's wrong, because everyone can use the same Warframe and be the same "good" as you think you are, which isn't anything special in that.

Edited by IfritKajiTora
Just now, IfritKajiTora said:

0 challenge means no fun, especially online games.
If people wan't to have fun with no challenge, then there are many Single Player games where you can use cheats, GOD MODE, infinite ammo, insane movement speed etc. POSTAL 2 AWP mod is one of the best funs.

To you yes,

but I can confirm that to many people, not having a challenge is not boring.

Chroma is one of my favorite frames, I've been brainstorming, at the very least, a switch in the order of his abilities and modifying a few mechanics here and there.

Spoiler

1. Dragon Sentry - 'Effigy'   Energy Cost: 50

• Main changes, replaces energy drain with a health decay on the Sentry. When health reaches zero, returns as the pelt on Chroma and regens Sentry health when worn.
  • Pelt draws aggro and retains 335 base Armor, Chroma has reduced aggro, 15 base armor and 1.15 sprint speed.
  • Guided Effigy Augment should see no changes.
    • Note: Needs 299% Power Strength to reach 1,196 damage, compared to Oberon's Smite, which can reach 1,495 so should be fine with little changes as a 1st ability.

2. Elemental Ward             Energy Cost: 50

• Base Aura Share Range is extended.
  • Augment should remain unchanged.

3. Vex Armor                     Energy Cost: 75

• Adds a tap/hold functionality. Tap allows Chroma to have Vex Armor charge normally when receiving fire as it currently works.
  • Hold allows Chroma to charge Scorn to boost up armor first, by draining Shields, maybe allow Fury to drain health to charge, once Scorn has reached limit.
  • Adds a rate decay when not in active combat dealing and/or receiving damage.

4. Spectral Scream            Energy Cost: 25

• Spectral Scream benefits from some Primary Weapon mods.
  • Could have increased energy drain.
  • Activating when wearing Pelt, the energy Wings allows Chroma to hover, so can do a few new movements.
    • Using Roll causes Chroma to use Wings to cause and stun enemies at a energy cost.
    • Crouch activates a Taunt which attacts enemies to Chroma and away from others.
    • Holding Sprint allows for a Charge at the cost of energy.
  • Activating when Dragon Sentry is active, could make the Sentry's attack ability stronger, grants Chroma the ability to dump lethal damage into the Pelt and increased evasion.

Passive: Elemental Alignment, unchanged.

Here are more ambitious ideas:

Spoiler

Further possible change for Chroma could be, to be more of a master of the elements, which could be to allow all four elements to deal damage and have procs cycle with a built in RNG. Starting with this idea, here are some ideas:

Passive: Elemental Caprice

• Chroma is able to harness all four elements and randomly procs Status effects

1. Dragon Sentry

• The sentry's damage, which at base is 400, would be split between the four so each would do 100 damage at base, and would not exceed 25% damage before factoring enemy weaknesses and strengths in the Damage 2.0 system.

2. Elemental Ward

• Cost is increased from 50 to 75
  • Damage is split evenly between the four elements.
  • Status Effects, apply one at a time and can cycle, based on an RNG.
  • Ward boosts Health, Armor and Agility.
  • Ward is able to send Electrical Arcs to stun the enemy.
  • Damage Multipliers are removed, since the ability is able to sustain a damage aura.

4. Spectral Scream

• As the other abilities, damage is split evenly between the four elements
  • Status Effects change at random between the four when proc'd

And remember that what's in this spoiler is coming from thinking of this line and more as a what if, "The bestial avatar of the primal forces of nature, Chroma, confounds his foes and strengthens his allies with elemental caprice." So it can go further with the actual damage splits being variable and have the bonuses be random for allies, but I figured I'd start the idea with how it impacts the enemy through status procs.

4 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Chroma is one of my favorite frames, I've been brainstorming, at the very least, a switch in the order of his abilities and modifying a few mechanics here and there.

Hide contents

• Main changes, replaces energy drain with a health decay on the Sentry. When health reaches zero, returns as the pelt on Chroma and regens Sentry health when worn.
  • Pelt draws aggro and retains 335 base Armor, Chroma has reduced aggro, 15 base armor and 1.15 sprint speed.
    • Note: Needs 299% Power Strength to reach 1,196 damage, compared to Oberon's Smite, which can reach 1,495 so should be fine with little changes as a 1st ability.

• Adds a tap/hold functionality. Tap allows Chroma to have Vex Armor charge normally when receiving fire as it currently works.
  • Hold allows Chroma to charge Scorn to boost up armor first, by draining Shields, maybe allow Fury to drain health to charge, once Scorn has reached limit.

• Activating when wearing Pelt, the energy Wings allows Chroma to hover, so can do a few new movements.
    • Using Roll causes Chroma to use Wings to cause and stun enemies at a energy cost.
    • Crouch activates a Taunt which attacts enemies to Chroma and away from others.
  • Activating when Dragon Sentry is active, could make the Sentry's attack ability stronger, grants Chroma the ability to dump lethal damage into the Pelt and increased evasion.

Hide contents

Further possible change for Chroma could be, to be more of a master of the elements, which could be to allow all four elements to deal damage and have procs cycle with a built in RNG. Starting with this idea, here are some ideas:

1. Dragon Sentry

• The sentry's damage, which at base is 400, would be split between the four so each would do 100 damage at base, and would not exceed 25% damage before factoring enemy weaknesses and strengths in the Damage 2.0 system.

2. Elemental Ward

• Damage Multipliers are removed, since the ability is able to sustain a damage aura.

4. Spectral Scream

And remember that what's in this spoiler is coming from thinking of this line and more as a what if, "The bestial avatar of the primal forces of nature, Chroma, confounds his foes and strengthens his allies with elemental caprice." So it can go further with the actual damage splits being variable and have the bonuses be random for allies, but I figured I'd start the idea with how it impacts the enemy through status procs.

Here is a more complete rework, even if I'm not convinced, it's till better than OP. I don't think the scream deserve an increase denergy drain.

Edited by Soketsu
7 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

1. Dragon Sentry

2. Elemental Ward

4. Spectral Scream

Make a new topic about Chroma rework, to that. The more we have the more chance that DE will see some good ideas, and combine them or they will make on their own some small changes.

Just now, IfritKajiTora said:

Make a new topic about Chroma rework, to that. The more we have the more chance that DE will see some good ideas, and combine them or they will make on their own some small changes.

I did already. I was a bit too early I suppose. :cool:

So it's finally happening, eh? DE has wanted to whack Chroma for a while now. Remember back when they fixed that Vex bug that caused it to loop around to 0? If you'll recall, they subtly suggested they wanted to nerf it as well, to test player reaction. "Overwhelmingly negative" is how I would describe it.

You can understand why, though. Chroma breaks game balance over his knee, then spanks it. Whenever someone says DE should "fix armor scaling" or "nerf [thing]", I point to Chroma and Tigris Prime. Either of them independently make endgame look like lv5. If DE is ever going to implement Damage 3.0 (which I believe they're moving away from), then at the very least, Chroma needs to be touched.

My preference? Don't actually nerf it. Just shift some numbers around to bring down his scaling without hurting his personal performance. Cut Vex's damage % in half and move the other half to Scream as a secondary property (multiplicative with weapon mods, additive with other buff powers). Then buff Scream way the hell up. Increase its base damage to 600/tick, give it 100% status/tick (or else let status scale with Strength). Each enemy hit increases all damage dealt by Chroma for 30s (refreshes each hit) up to a cap of roughly half Vex's damage %, scaling with Duration and Strength. Then increase Scream's base range to 20m with a 5m AOE and a wide cone (functionally identical to Ignis Wraith). Decouple it from Range so a traditional Chroma build doesn't kill the power. This makes Scream feel awesome, but you'll still want to get the buff off and pull out your weapon quickly, and then only use Scream when you want a nice fat AOE. Also, make Scream affected by elemental damage powers like Flash Accelerant and Smite Infusion.

This has a harmful effect on his energy economy. So to fix that, give him Rage as a passive. It makes thematic sense, and would help him out a ton.

Edit: Oh, and change the effect of Afterburn to a persistent AOE like Nightwatch Napalm, but with a really long duration, and allow it to proc the damage buff. This makes it really desirable since you don't have to manage the buff as much, in addition to the aug being powerful in its own right.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir
More coolness for his aug

Why do people thing that toggle-Vex is a good thing? It would shut off every source of energy except Rage, and when your buffs are full and you're running ice, enemies often can't damage you enough to even keep Effigy up.

Plus. DE would either add massive energy drain or nerf the stats to compensate for potential 24//7 upkeep. 

Quick-rework is a pretty short-list

1. Actual passive

2. Ward shares to allies without the augment

3. Scream becomes useful (range increase/remove range affecting it, whichever works)

4. Effigy gets the armor it takes from Chroma, and (I would love this) damage it takes counts for Rage, as well as transferring procs from Chroma to Effigy

5. Adjust Vex percents as needed (yes, high strength builds can render everything but endless/sortie three with slash/viral/corrosive enhancements). Even if Scorn was nerfed to the level of Fury (or they were adjusted to a middle point), Chroma would still be a top-tier tank

6. Either buff base shields to be 400 at level thirty, or change the Scorn calculation to only need 300 shields. It's just one of those things that is really annoying, as you needed (Primed) Vigor to get your buffs in one go.