Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Question] Meme syandana

Vivian

Hello, I wanna know if memes are out of the question for Syandanas. I have a very specific idea in my mind for a really funny yet fitting Orokin themed syandana. It conceptually fits into the game but subtly hides a meme. I've read the rules but I wanna be more clear about this before I start the work.

Cheers!

VV

As long as it doesn't look like a Prime Syandana, and you don't directly call it anything like that, you will be fine.

The rule about 'no Orokin/Sentient themes' seems to mostly apply to warframes/weapons (as far as the Orokin part. You still can't do anything sentient-inspired). Many of DE's non-prime syandanas reference the Orokin in their descriptions, so I don't see why a similar concept would not be allowed.

Also, as long as you aren't ripping off another IP or referencing anything that would get you a forum/chat ban, you should be fine with a subtle reference. Also, I think Orokin Script is fine to have on there, but I can't be 100% sure on that (I think I saw it on another syandana, but I don't remember).

8 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

As long as it doesn't look like a Prime Syandana, and you don't directly call it anything like that, you will be fine.

The rule about 'no Orokin/Sentient themes' seems to mostly apply to warframes/weapons (as far as the Orokin part. You still can't do anything sentient-inspired). Many of DE's non-prime syandanas reference the Orokin in their descriptions, so I don't see why a similar concept would not be allowed.

Also, as long as you aren't ripping off another IP or referencing anything that would get you a forum/chat ban, you should be fine with a subtle reference. Also, I think Orokin Script is fine to have on there, but I can't be 100% sure on that (I think I saw it on another syandana, but I don't remember).

That answers the question but it still has a bit of ambiguity in the end. I'd like to be more sure before I pitch it out.

Avoid contemporary references, pop culture, and 'meta'. While we have fun with this during holiday times your goal should be something that fits with the Warframe universe as it is.  Your entry cannot contain elements from copyrighted works, reference to other IP’s, or make use of any images or material that you do not own.

Pretty sure meme count as those

If you wanna create a tribute to a certain meme, you're gonna have to be subtle about it, and make sure it fits in with the Warframe universe. Draping a Kekistani flag around a Warframe's shoulders or writing "Praise Kek!" in Tenno script is not very subtle or original. However if you decide to do something such as, for example, a ceremonial syandana that was worn by an old Corpus cult during their ceremonies that worshiped a lesser-known amphibious Void entity, then maybe it could pass muster.

19 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Avoid contemporary references, pop culture, and 'meta'. While we have fun with this during holiday times your goal should be something that fits with the Warframe universe as it is.  Your entry cannot contain elements from copyrighted works, reference to other IP’s, or make use of any images or material that you do not own.

Pretty sure meme count as those

Ayyy thanks. I guess making an Orokin "Supreme" hypebeast syandana isn't allowed :(