Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Prime Farm Who Y'all think cause it gots to be female

agirl777

Well guys it's time to start discussing the topic of the next prime frame. We have a couple ideas like Zephyr, Ivara, Mesa,and Equinox(Wait is Equinox female or male?). We know it has to be female because of the normal pattern Male-Male, then, Female-Female. So reply with who you guys think it is going to be.

Ivara would be so cool that I want her Prime out of the gates right now with the flashiest design and accessories! :D 

Her art right now is top notch but let's bring out her next level, seriously, she dominates with her fighting style and all of what she can do. I've been playing her most of my time since I started in Warframe :) I'm definitely going to buy her right away when she comes out that's for sure!

Zephyr

People say it won't be her, even though it should be by order, because she is not "popular" but it would be the perfect time to rework her and release a prime as her abilities and theme is good for the open plains. 

Edited by SeriouslySinister

My guess is DE will pull a Nova and release Mesa Prime. This next release is going to be during the Christmas season and DE wants to maximize that holiday bonus.

It should be Zephyr, but she is probably the least played frame right next to Atlas. I think they will take the cop out and go with the more popular Mesa.

I'm hoping Mesa, I'm expecting Zephyr, but I'm not expecting Mirage.

There is precedence for popular frames jumping the line for the Holiday season.  IIRC, the next three female frames up for priming are Zephyr, Mirage, and Mesa.  Mirage is no longer the "I don't feel like having to expend anything resembling effort today" frame she once was, and Mesa has had a sizable fanbase for quite a while, myself included, so I expect if there is any line-jumping, Mesa would likely be the one to do it.  On the other hand, the release of Zephyr Prime would be an ideal time to give her an overhaul that many believe is much-needed.  However, both Oberon and Hydroid got overhauls with their primes, and while I obviously don't have any sort of data, the somewhat lukewarm responses to their reworks might have hurt potential sales.  It's possible the developers would hesitate to push three reworked Primes in a row and instead release one they know would sell well without any additional tweaking necessary.

6 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

However, both Oberon and Hydroid got overhauls with their primes, and while I obviously don't have any sort of data, the somewhat lukewarm responses to their reworks might have hurt potential sales.

Hey, wanna comment my own vision on this. I wanna point out first and foremost that Oberon is now, if not universally regarded as such, at least on a very, very solid place efficiency and engagement wise. His Prime appearance, however, wasn't really as sexy as most hoped, so that probably affected sales more than the rework itself. 

I can't, however, argue with Hydroid. He was not loved before, and his rework was sub-par at best - it made him more effective, yes, but terribly unengaging, and did not address most of the community's complains (something that at least Oberon kinda did). So yeah, his Prime access was definetly hurt by it. 

6 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

It's possible the developers would hesitate to push three reworked Primes in a row and instead release one they know would sell well without any additional tweaking necessary.

That would be the intelligent thing to do - all of them are still kinda recovering from the Plains, tweaks are still being pushed, and a new Operation is knocking at the door. Priming Mesa would give them both guaranteed cash ins, and at least 3 more months to prepare a Zephyr rework. So even if they don't do it, they sure as hell should. 

Mesa is not eligible until next Christmas.

The choices are Zephyr or Mirage. More likely Zephyr as other have mentioned due to the open world possibilities now, and she needs it much more since the Primes have started coming with reworks. Even though the Synoid Mirage crybabies have died down, she's still a viable frame. Zephyr was only mildly viable in the first few months of release...literally, before acrobatics 2.0 came out. I'm honestly hoping my least favorite frame in the years I've played this game can finally be something worth playing. Thematically, she should've had so much more potential.

1 hour ago, Callback said:

Zephyr got skipped for Hydroid.  She's still due for a prime.

Primes are always MMFF and Frames are typically MFMF, so she wasn't skipped so much as not eligible yet. The MMFF priming order has always thrown off the order based on their original release order and sex so that's nothing new.

But yes, it is Zephyrs turn now. If it's anyone other than her then she was skipped.

37 minutes ago, Valaska said:

By that logic it should be Titania.

I think they mean of the two eligible female frames, not out of all frames ever made. Zephyr came out about 2.5 years before Titania...they would be crazy to jump her ahead that much in front of the 10 other frames that came before her that aren't primed yet. You have literal years to go before Titania is due to have a prime.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

15 hours ago, Doomsknight said:

DE won't change Prime order due to "popularity" and it's gonna be Zephyr Prime, Just can't wait anymore ! What we need is a cool rework and cool Prime weapons along with her.

Banshee says hi to this excuse.

As far as my hopes, I do hope it is Mesa. DE is a business and with the Christmas season they will want to capitalize on that. And like others have said, Mesa prime better have a duster.

Edited by ChampionSheWolf

2 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Primes are always MMFF and Frames are typically MFMF, so she wasn't skipped so much as not eligible yet. The MMFF priming order has always thrown off the order based on their original release order and sex so that's nothing new.

But yes, it is Zephyrs turn now. If it's anyone other than her then she was skipped.

I think they mean of the two eligible female frames, not out of all frames ever made. Zephyr came out about 2.5 years before Titania...they would be crazy to jump her ahead that much in front of the 10 other frames that came before her that aren't primed yet. You have literal years to go before Titania is due to have a prime.

Honestly I want to see Saryn Prme, Prime. Break the mold, do something new! Prime a Prime!