The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible riven

(PSN)gregistopal

Question

Oh come on! That's one of the easiest to do! Go Loki, Sleep Equinox or Ivara.
You wanna hear what sounds impossible?

Synthesise a Simaris target without using consumables or abilities, without taking damage, alone, with hobbled (slow) key equipped.

And yet even this is quite easy too, just a bit inconvenient.

17 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Synthesise a Simaris target without using consumables or abilities, without taking damage, alone, with hobbled (slow) key equipped.

Yep incredibly easy if you have friends, still easily done on your own if you think it through. The good thing is, you can leave missions straight after finishing a riven; you don't need to complete a mission for it to be unlocked ;D

Edited by Tomo742

48 minutes ago, (PS4)gregistopal said:

It says i need to complete an extermination with level 30 or higher enimys without being detected alone. What! How the heck is anybody expected to do that!

Undetected means unseen.  Using Enemy Radar, Enemy Sense or Animal Instinct, the enemy markers on the map should never become full.  Enemy markers are empty (hollow arrow) if they have not seen you and are not alerted.  Enemy markers become partially filled if they are alerted but have not seen you (they can be alerted when they see a dead body or you happen to "touch" them while invisible).

Any weapon will do as long as you don't let them see you... they will be alerted when they see the dead bodies (partially filled enemy markers) but killing them will still be considered undetected.

You can also use Ash with Covert Lethality Dagger and Fatal Teleport Augment.  Fatal Teleport will allow you to kill them even if they are alerted. Just don't let them see you.

Otherwise, if you are to use a Covert Lethality Dagger, you may have to wait for alerted enemies to be "unalert" before you can stealth kill them... or just melee them to death with your dagger without letting them see you.

For this challenge, I prefer using Hushed AoE weapons like the Lenz.  You can also use the Arca Plasmor just make sure to kill them fast and not let them live irradiated.  You can fail the challenge if the enemies fight each other (enemies detected).

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

Ivara with invis build + Silent wep (you can use mods to silent any wep you like).
Start mission > use 1 or 2 energy restores > go invis > roll around and kill everyone > extract.

I like Ivara over Loki bc you'll never be visible again for the whole mission duration (unless you want to or fall in a hole).

51 minutes ago, (PS4)gregistopal said:

It says i need to complete an extermination with level 30 or higher enimys without being detected alone. What! How the heck is anybody expected to do that!

Completed it twice this week already, difference is one of mine required me to have a Hobbled Dragon Key Equipped and the other an Extinguished Dragon Key.

37 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Limbo: Hold my wine goblet.

41 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

It dosnt say no ice spring

2 hours ago, HyenaZERO said:

Limbo: Hold my wine goblet.

That was my way with that one too.  I'd kind of been neglecting my Limbo when I got one of those Rivens (I had a friend give me a couple he didn't want to deal with) and that reminded me how versatile he was as a frame.  I know he has haters, but what DE did with him is amazing considering how many ways they could have failed. 

2 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

how? lol

Just roll into the rift and stay there. :)

It's a great way to explore a map, Instead of the bad guys not noticing you like Loki/Ivara/Ash, the bad guys spend all their time trying to hit a ghost.  You just walk around and if you're lonely you can just do a couple of swings at a mob and he'll follow you around making you feel special. 

I imagine you're the stories they tell their children...especially since they're among the only mobs that see our Frames and live to talk about it.

"It's a Tenno skooom!!"

"*Whew*... it's a Limbo looking for something specific...I think we're okay"

"Should we attack?"

"Only if management makes us.  Don't annoy him too much, and hope he's trying to unlock a riven!"

Edited by FreeWilliam

7 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

That counts as an ability tho.

Are we sure of this?  I'm almost sure I've completed that one with a Limbo, and an 'ability' is defined as using 1, 2, 3, or 4, to go into the rift you just roll...but I DO tend to take Shade with me when I Limbo (it's a fun way to do Spy missions) and it's technically possible I just wasn't noticed that time.

Let's get verification on this before assuming either way.

Edit: We probably should clarify we're not talking about the original post, we're talking about this one...

Edited by FreeWilliam

18 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

Edit: We probably should clarify we're not talking about the original post, we're talking about this one...

On 11/7/2017 at 8:48 PM, Acersecomic said:

I am not so sure how you can use Limbo for this riven challenge. Unless this was changed in the PoE update, Limbo can't synthesize the target while inside the Rift.  It may fail the challenge if you cast Banish or Cataclysm which I am also not sure would work on the synthesis target.

For this riven challenge, I would normally use Rhino and cast Iron skin as soon as mission begins and before the challenge message appears.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

3 hours ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

I am not so sure how you can use Limbo for this riven challenge. Unless this was changed in the PoE update, Limbo can't synthesize the target while inside the Rift.  It may fail the challenge if you cast Banish or Cataclysm which I am also not sure would work on the synthesis target.

For this riven challenge, I would normally use Rhino and cast Iron skin as soon as mission begins and before the challenge message appears.

Bingo, you've got a small time frame to use consumables and abilities before the Riven Challenge takes effect. I just spam a few energy pads and then go invisible with Ivara, then roll to win.