Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ostron Patrols

Rakawan

So I was recently looking at the Grinlok, and at some of the bounties and something occurred to me. We hear from the Lotus that an Ostron patrol disabled the spy drone, but we never see any Ostron patrols.

I propose DE implement roaming groups of NPC Ostron in hunting parties. These parties will be pathed to avoid major Grineer camps, and will “harvest” iradite and maprico. They may even have fishing games animations, or mining. 

When a Tenno gets near they will call out, and the Tenno can then trade with them, exchanging fish or gems for standing, and exchanging standing for any fish or gems they have “caught” or “mined”. Their inventory will be randomly generated but have a chance to include rare resources, like Nyth and Sentirum.

When they happen upon a Grineer squad they will engage them with their Grinloks. 

Talking to them after such an encounter has a chance to spawn a bounty to wipe out a nearby camp, or hack a spy drone they shot down.

They will begin to head back to Cetus when the sun goes down. The ones that spawn the furthest back will make it in after the Eidolon has spawned. If they encounter the Eidolon they will give various exclamations and flee from it. If a Tenno is nearby they will ask the Tenno to kill the Eidolon.

Edited by Rakawan

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

So I was recently looking at the Grinlok, and at some of the bounties and something occurred to me. We hear from the Lotus that an Ostron patrol disabled the spy drone, but we never see any Ostron patrols.

I propose DE implement roaming groups of NPC Ostron in hunting parties. These parties will be pathed to avoid major Grineer camps, and will “harvest” iradite and maprico. They may even have fishing games animations, or mining. 

When a Tenno gets near they will call out, and the Tenno can then trade with them, exchanging fish or gems for standing, and exchanging standing for any fish or gems they have “caught” or “mined”. Their inventory will be randomly generated but have a chance to include rare resources, like Nyth and Sentirum.

When they happen upon a Grineer squad they will engage them with their Grinloks. 

Talking to them after such an encounter has a chance to spawn a bounty to wipe out a nearby camp, or hack a spy drone they shot down.

They will begin to head back to Cetus when the sun goes down. The ones that spawn the furthest back will make it in after the Eidolon has spawned. If they encounter the Eidolon they will give various exclamations and flee from it. If a Tenno is nearby they will ask the Tenno to kill the Eidolon.

Or get rewards/ hire them to fish/mine for you while you defense them? A sortie-type defense?

could be lot of interesting stuff with them for free roam .. when you enter plains while not doing bounties you could help the civilians ...

find them as rescue mission

gathering resources while you defend them as excavation

clearing camps for them as extermination

Just now, low1991 said:

Or get rewards/ hire them to fish/mine for you while you defense them? A sortie-type defense?

Oooh that would be cool.

It might make more sense for them to hire you though.

”Aiyo Tenno, we found a wonderful fishing/mining spot, but the Grineer got there first. Mind dealing with them while we work? We’d be willing to share some of the spoils.”

18 minutes ago, meristu said:

could be lot of interesting stuff with them for free roam .. when you enter plains while not doing bounties you could help the civilians ...

find them as rescue mission

gathering resources while you defend them as excavation

clearing camps for them as extermination

I feel like this would make a great change to incursions, getting them from the Ostron instead of the Lotus.

33 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Oooh that would be cool.

It might make more sense for them to hire you though.

”Aiyo Tenno, we found a wonderful fishing/mining spot, but the Grineer got there first. Mind dealing with them while we work? We’d be willing to share some of the spoils.”

Or

"Tenno, we need to replenish our supplies would you mind protesting us while we gather them?"

Edited by low1991