Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Blades of the Lotus Series by BeastBuster

6 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

I see a surprising lack of Excalibur.

Right?? But Oberon definitely fits the theme as well with his whole Arthurian knights thing.

I think the only problem with these skins is that they're skirting the edges of fitting into a completely different game entirely. I suspect that's why DE hasn't commented on them in any way. Too bad, because I quite like the Banshee one. I quite like the Rhino too, but that just pushes a little into Warhammer 40k or Bungie game territory with Rhino's proportions. Those textures are master-level, though. Volkovyi would be proud.

On 12/25/2017 at 4:24 AM, (PS4)GrandisSupernus said:

I think the only problem with these skins is that they're skirting the edges of fitting into a completely different game entirely. I suspect that's why DE hasn't commented on them in any way.

To you think this skin is more fitting the theme?

C24E081E71B66D85A5EA3577DA04747FF03E70C4

Or this one

91AEEA9639E5E35A43058E27204958805753FA36

16 hours ago, texrei said:

To you think this skin is more fitting the theme? (Mag Knaita/Octavia Diva)

I can't tell if there's any salt intended, so I'll answer seriously. I don't think there's too much wrong with either of these skins in terms of Warframe's core aesthestic of "techno-organic" bionic suits. The Knaita is just a much more ornate version of Mag's regular skin in terms of additions that change what Mag's core design represents, if that makes sense. The Diva skin is more of the "techno-" side of techno-organic, but plenty of Volt's skins have pushed into mechanical territory much more. (I really do hate the long energy pigtails and I don't know why it was accepted by DE for that reason outside of lack of other Octavia options atm)

If you had posted about Nyx's Carnifex skin I wouldn't really have a rebuttal. Besides being technically excellent and well-textured, I think that was accepted mostly because it was strongly visually different from any other existing Nyx skin.

54 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

Still have hope that at least the Rhino skin will eventually make it. I'm hoping that DE will give it a second opinion due to the massively positive feedback on it both here and on the steam forums.

DE has given me feedback on all my 'Blades' items!  Once I know I am on the right track, all of them will get revised.  I should have the revised Banshee up very soon.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BeastBuster1999 said:

DE has given me feedback on all my 'Blades' items!  Once I know I am on the right track, all of them will get revised.  I should have the revised Banshee up very soon.

Glad to hear you finally got some feedback. Looking forward to the revised skins. Here's to hoping they can make it for the next round!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 12:21 PM, (Xbox One)BeastBuster1999 said:

I hope you will make an Excal one soon, being the Poster sword frame boy.

9 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

I hope you will make an Excal one soon, being the Poster sword frame boy.

It's hard to say it will be 'soon' as I first need to know if the currently revised skins are up to snuff.  Then I'll be reworking Trinity and Oberon.  That said, once I can get back on track with new skins, Excal is on a short list to be worked on.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)BeastBuster1999 said:

It's hard to say it will be 'soon' as I first need to know if the currently revised skins are up to snuff.  Then I'll be reworking Trinity and Oberon.  That said, once I can get back on track with new skins, Excal is on a short list to be worked on.

wooooop

It's great you got official feedback but also a shame you had to change your Rhino skin so much because of it. I never realized how much I wanted a knightly skin for him until now. The helmet "holes" and the grime were my favorite parts -- helped it look different from many other skins which had a "futuristic soldier" feel. I assume that's what DE took issue with, and if it's the latter that's particularily ridiculous. Best of luck on your other endeavors; I'll be watching the workshop eagerly.