Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduce the amount of reactant needed in fissure missions

(PSN)mmcareen

Hello,

So, I'm not going to lie, I'm not a huge fan of relic missions, prefer the tower system... but lets face it, relics are here to stay, at least for a few years.  One of my biggest issues with relics missions is reactant.  I'm going to assume they were put in as a anti-afk/anti-speed run device, but to me they are a anti-fun device.  My main issues with them would be:

1.  You can actually finish the mission(especially lith) without 10 reactant dropping.

2.  Load into a mission late, you are either stuck there waiting for enemies to spawn, waiting for them to turn, to get your reactant

3.  Your team devices they are not going to wait and goes onto extraction.

4.  You can kill the enemies while they are transforming and they don't drop reactant.

5.  I really hate having to stop, make sure I run over the reactant to actually pick it up.

It completely kills the fun for me.  I used to enjoy running around the void like a lunatic, shooting everything I could, and getting a reward every 5 minutes.  Now its, run around shooting, stop, because the enemies are transforming in front of me, wait until they are transformed and carry on.

So my only section I can think of(that people might agree on), is reduce reactant required to open a relic from 10 to 5.  I have found when I'm not paying attention to the reactant dropping and just doing the mission, that we usually end up with around 6 or 7.  So reducing it to 5, will keep reactant in it, but will also let me force on enjoying the game.

Seeing as most times with those issues listed I had 6 or 7 reactant, reducing the needed amount to 5 would solve all of those problems. The only one it wouldn't fix is the need to stop and make sure I walked over them and picked them up.  It would however make it so I only had to do that 5 times, instead of 10 times.  Which is a improvement.

How exactly does it make it harder to upgrade relics, I didn't say anything about changing the amount of void traces you get when you open a relic, that would stay the same.  Would not affect that at all.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Every single one of these are issues that won't be solved with less reactant.

Plus, by capping it at 5, you make it twice as hard to upgrade relics in your ship.

What?

I don't understand either of your two statements. If reactant dropped at the same rate, but we needed half as much, it would fix most of the listed problems. And I have no idea what you are talking about with refinement. The number of Void Reactant needed have nothing to do with relic refinement.

53 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

What?

I don't understand either of your two statements. If reactant dropped at the same rate, but we needed half as much, it would fix most of the listed problems. And I have no idea what you are talking about with refinement. The number of Void Reactant needed have nothing to do with relic refinement.

After a few research, It seems that I was misinformed for the void trace, this misunderstanding was further strengthened as I've receive an oddly precise amount as a reward every singly time and it seemed to match the math I was given.

But the statement above remains, lowering the requirement does not in any way fix those issues at the core, it only lowers the odds of a mistake a little bit.

Matchmaking issues, Terrible teammates, Drop bugs and Laziness are not a byproduct of too much Reactant requirement.
Less requirement only means slightly more chances of getting it all when an issue happen, it does not fix said issue.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

54 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

After a few research, It seems that I was misinformed for the void trace, this misunderstanding was further strengthened as I've receive an oddly precise amount as a reward every singly time and it seemed to match the math I was given.

But the statement above remains, lowering the requirement does not in any way fix those issues at the core, it only lowers the odds of a mistake a little bit.

Matchmaking issues, Terrible teammates, Drop bugs and Laziness are not a byproduct of too much Reactant requirement.
Less requirement only means slightly more chances of getting it all when an issue happen, it does not fix said issue.

You are correct, it doesn't fix the issue, but it does greatly reduce it.  Lets face it, the chances of match making issues being fixed are slim to none.  Terrible teammates, well you play on PS4 so we both know that's not going away.  Less requirement do however bandaid what saps the fun out of relics for me.  I will take a bandaid over nothing.

Or they could just boost the drop rate of reactant. Extermination fissures (in my experience) drop reactant like candy. On the other hand Defense fissures has reactant drops like pulling teeth. There really is no reason to make it a struggle in any case.

They could just have the void corruption storms force drop a reactant every time they show up to corrupt things. Its bound to add up with the regular dropping mechanism.