Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lock item on Riven Re-roll

(PSN)mmcareen

So I know other people have come up with ideas, I had a post a good few months ago about it, this is a little more refined from my original idea.

So basically, while farming Kuva, the guardians would drop a item called X (i'm horrible with coming up with names, so i'm not even going to try)

X is a blueprint, non-reusable so you would have to farm them. 

It would cost 1000 Kuva, 1000 Alloy plates, 500 ploy, 1 control module and 10 000 credits to build.  Nothing too bad.

So when you go to re-roll a Riven, you have it selected, there would be a option to active X.

Once actived, you can scroll up and down the current stats on the riven.  EX +Damage +Toxic -Zoom

You can then pick either one of the stats, completely up to you.  Lets say you picked -Zoom

The riven would then be re-rolled, -Zoom would then also be on your new Riven choice.

The number on the stat, lets say 63% on the original roll, would change, it ONLY locks the stat, not the value of the stat.

If you went to re-roll the riven again, -Zoom would NOT be locked in unless you used another X on it.

It is a 1 time use only item.

Lets face, most peoples problem with Rivens, is the complete RNG nature of it.  I can roll a riven, 200 times, and never get what I want, you open it one, and get exactly what I want.  This system, allows some control of our RNG without removing it completely.  With the fact that, it comes at a increased cost, of a extra 1000 Kuva per roll, they fact that its a one time use and still needs to be farmed.  I also think because of that, it shouldn't hurt the riven market too bad either. 

*left this out, but was pointed out.  You can only use 1 X per roll.  So you can not lock more then one stat per roll.

Edited by (PS4)mmcareen

13 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

So I know other people have come up with ideas, I had a post a good few months ago about it, this is a little more refined from my original idea.

So basically, while farming Kuva, the guardians would drop a item called X (i'm horrible with coming up with names, so i'm not even going to try)

X is a blueprint, non-reusable so you would have to farm them. 

It would cost 1000 Kuva, 1000 Alloy plates, 500 ploy, 1 control module and 10 000 credits to build.  Nothing too bad.

So when you go to re-roll a Riven, you have it selected, there would be a option to active X.

Once actived, you can scroll up and down the current stats on the riven.  EX +Damage +Toxic -Zoom

You can then pick either one of the stats, completely up to you.  Lets say you picked -Zoom

The riven would then be re-rolled, -Zoom would then also be on your new Riven choice.

The number on the stat, lets say 63% on the original roll, would change, it ONLY locks the stat, not the value of the stat.

If you went to re-roll the riven again, -Zoom would NOT be locked in unless you used another X on it.

It is a 1 time use only item.

Lets face, most peoples problem with Rivens, is the complete RNG nature of it.  I can roll a riven, 200 times, and never get what I want, you open it one, and get exactly what I want.  This system, allows some control of our RNG without removing it completely.  With the fact that, it comes at a increased cost, of a extra 1000 Kuva per roll, they fact that its a one time use and still needs to be farmed.  I also think because of that, it shouldn't hurt the riven market too bad either. 

i liked the idea of being able to spend more kuva to lock stats better TBH

And yet we all know why this would never happen.  It's shouldn't take too many rolls to get +damage or +multi-shot or +critical something on a riven, it's getting them all together that's a crap shoot.

Part of the intent in rivens is that we make the most of what we get, not mold them into exactly the kind of damage amplifier most people want them to be.  I'd wager we'd sooner see some method of rerolling the weapon the riven is for before we get any sort of stat lock in.

Though I would never complain if I could lock in stats.  I have two argonak and two twin gremlin rivens for the exact purpose of leap frogging rivens as I roll them.  My final goal is a "sortie ready" riven and a "fun" riven for each.  Kind of sitting on a satisfying hybrid for both right now, erring more towards fun than sortie. 

Gotta get my hands on some ripka rivens for extra cheap to complete my Doom Slayer look.  Then roll them until I'm red in the face, like all the rest.

Edited by Littleman88

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

-snip-

I like the idea, but ONLY if you can do this with a single stat per riven. Having more than 1 locked will remove the RNG nature and make Rivens easy mode. I like neither of those, so I would like the middle ground with only one fixed stat.

I like this. It looks rather well balanced, and keeps with DE's love of RNG(RNG drop to even get the BP from guardians) so all in all it is something that fits well with the current scheme of things. Might bump up the alloy and poly cost, maybe the kuva cost, but all in all...the basics of it are solid and good.

Single use, locks a single stat, doesn't save the number...and if you wanna keep rolling the riven and keep from losing that stat you'll need lots of these "Item X" things...I support this idea.

27 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

I like the idea, but ONLY if you can do this with a single stat per riven. Having more than 1 locked will remove the RNG nature and make Rivens easy mode. I like neither of those, so I would like the middle ground with only one fixed stat.

oh indeed, that's exactly what I meant, I will edit and include that.