Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Cosmetic Bundles.

(PSN)mmcareen

Hello,

I know at least something similar to this has been asked before, not sure if this exact idea was.

So I'm at point, I have everything and have enough platinum that I will never need to buy.  So I have real way of supporting the game.  Not going to buy platinum because I don't need it.  Not going to buy prime access, because well, that removes a reason for me to play, and as well you're mostly paying for the platinum.  Not going to buy prime access, as said earlier, I don't need platinum, so 80 dollars for one cosmetic maybe 2 cosmetic item.... I like you DE, I just don't like you take much.

So my idea is simple, Prime Access, Prime Accessories, Prime Cosmetic.  Those would be the 3 bundles available.  Prime Cosmetic Bundle would be the cheapest of the lot.  However, there would be ZERO platinum in this bundle, Zero Boosters.  There would only be whatever cosmetic, profile icons and what not that are available in the other 2 bundles.

The people who buy the Access, so they don't have to frame the new frame or because its the best deal on platinum, are still going to buy the Access.  Shouldn't affect that one at all.  There are people however who just buy the Accessories for the cosmetics, they will probably just buy the Cosmetic one then.  However, people do buy the Accessories for the platinum deal, the boosters, and so they can still farm the new frame.  I think however, what they lose on the Accessories bundle, they will more then make up for on the amount of people who would buy the cosmetics.  It's a lot easier to justify spending 25 30 dollars on a few cosmetic items, then it would be 80.  Also talking about Canadian dollars for those confused about my prices.  I know a good few people, including myself who would probably buy most, if not all the Cosmetic Bundles released.

That's my idea in a nutshell, don't know if DE will go with it, but figured I'd put it here and see the kind of response I get.

As far as I'm aware, the prime access bundles work differently in console compared to PC, probbly because Sony/Microsoft struck a deal in that situation, In'fact, I believe we got the lucky draw with the ability to buy accessories at a cheaper price.

Spoiler

exU7M6T.png

But yeah, Cosmetics only bundle would be cool, but that would probably eliminate the value of everything else in the other bundles.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

You're talking about people selling skins in bundles (you know you can't buy some weapon and otehr skins separetely? yep)

Of course more people could afford a bundle for 25$ but for whatever the hell reason developers just refuse selling it. Guess for them it's "all or nothing" even tho logically they would profit more from it.

Edited by -Temp0-

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

As far as I'm aware, the prime access bundles work differently in console compared to PC, probbly because Sony/Microsoft struck a deal in that situation, In'fact, I believe we got the lucky draw with the ability to buy accessories at a cheaper price.

Hide contents

exU7M6T.png

But yeah, Cosmetics only bundle would be cool, but that would probably eliminate the value of everything else in the other bundles.

I can't say anything about Xbox as I have never looked in their store or talked to anyone about it.  However, PS4 only has the 2 Bundles, The Bastille, which is the Prime Access Bundle in the Sony store, everything is the same.  $106.49 Canadian for that.  As well as The Accessories Pack for $79.99 Canadian.  1365 Platinum, Spritsail Prime Armor, Sardin Prime Sugatra, 90 Day Affinity Booster, 90 Day Credit Booster.  We do not have a Bundle for both together so no deal there. 

If I remember correctly the PS and Xbox stores restrictions led to only having two bundles on consoles due to not being able to offer discount on an item if you already have part of it.
On PC there are three tiers and owning the first will reduce the cost of the other two if you choose to upgrade within the lifespan of that Prime Access.  First is weapons and Plat, second adds in warframe and more Plat, third adds Prime Accessories and yet more Plat.  In addition to that is Prime Accessories by itself (cosmetics and boosters but no Plat).  I think the console bundles are equivalent to the middle tier PC Prime Access and Prime Accessories (with enough Plat added to it that if you buy both it's the same as buying the top tier PC Prime Access).