Arca Plasmor, a Beautiful Tragedy

Arca Plasmor. I made the gun earlier today and instantly fell in love. Thus far I've potatod It and Formad It twice, and as fun as I have with It, a part of my mind Is constantly nagging at me, why did you waste resources with this pos gun? Why aren't you using the Tigris, or your Soma, or the Zarr?

And to be honest, I don't know. There's no real reason to use the Arca Plasmor If you have any other crowd-clearing weapon. It fires too slowly, the reload Is too long, the range on It Isn't nearly long enough, the drop-off Is incredibly stark, the status Is a tease, and the crit Isn't high enough.

It has a base of 28% Status, which means with all 4 Status mods, you'll reach a whooping... 99,9% Status. Now that may not seem that bad, and It Isn't.

But It's not 100%, and the difference between 99,9% and 100% on a shotgun Is a world and a half. But ignoring the status for now, since that Isn't that big of a factor, let's talk about the greatest tragedy with this otherwise fun weapon, the firing rate. Even with Shotgun Spazz max-ranked, Arca Plasmor has a mediocre fire rate. Without It the Arca Plasmor fires at about the same rate of a bow, except without the option to release early. If I personally had to buff the Arca Plasmor, I'd do 2 of these 3 (Or all 3.)

Double the fire rate.
cut the reload time in half

Increase the status and Crit to 30%

Every shotgun doesn't have to compare to the Tigris Prime, but It should at least be at the general powerlevel of the Sancti Tigris, which Is a pretty decent shotgun all things considered. The Arca Plasmor desperately needs Its fire rate increased and reload time decreased. Without the ability to reliably put out high-damage waves, with Its lacking range, It just falls flat.

• Like 2

Arca Plasmor fires one projectile, it's status chance works like a regular gun.

It's crit and status numbers are unconventional, and may not look as pretty as a clean 30%, but they still do their job perfectly well. I'd take the fire rate and/or reload buffs though.

8 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Arca Plasmor fires one projectile, it's status chance works like a regular gun.

It's crit and status numbers are unconventional, and may not look as pretty as a clean 30%, but they still do their job perfectly well. I'd take the fire rate and/or reload buffs though.

It actually does not. If you put Spread It, you can see that you fire between 4-6 'Waves' which are normally very tightly packed.

14 minutes ago, SirShade said:

It has a base of 28% Status, which means with all 4 Status mods, you'll reach a whooping... 99,9% Status. Now that may not seem that bad, and It Isn't.

But It's not 100%, and the difference between 99,9% and 100% on a shotgun Is a world and a half

Yeah, no.

The difference between 99.9% and 100.0% is important for shotguns because this is the chance that at least one pellet will proc. A 99.9% chance means that each of your gazillion pellets only has an okayish proc chance.

The Arca Plasmor does not fire a gazillion pellets. It fires a single projectile. A 99.9% chance means that this single pellet has a 99.9% chance to proc, and this is completely indistinguishable from a 100.0% status chance in both theory and gameplay.

4 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Yeah, no.

The difference between 99.9% and 100.0% is important for shotguns because this is the chance that at least one pellet will proc. A 99.9% chance means that each of your gazillion pellets only has an okayish proc chance.

The Arca Plasmor does not fire a gazillion pellets. It fires a single projectile. A 99.9% chance means that this single pellet has a 99.9% chance to proc, and this is completely indistinguishable from a 100.0% status chance in both theory and gameplay.

So I decided to go in and test It.

It does not fire a single projectile, here's some evidence in the form of screenshots:

http://prntscr.com/h7klba

http://prntscr.com/h7kliy

http://prntscr.com/h7klnw

http://prntscr.com/h7klqr

http://prntscr.com/h7klw6

Mods: Vicious Spread.

You have Hell's Chamber on it.  You're seeing standard multishot cause extra projectiles.  Arca Plasmor fires 1 by default.

This gun has been out for a while now, if what you're saying were true it would be old news.  The gun is not only fine, but it's exceptionally strong.  It needs no buff, and next time I emplore you to do proper research before suggesting a buff.

Slow weapons with massive damage-per-shot already take up a big place in the meta of endgame weapons, I don't think the Plasmor needs to fire fast as well as have massive AoE damage. The Plasmor is clearly designed to blow away enemies at very close range (hence the impact proc at an even shorter range and infinite punch through), and as a shotgun which can do such a thing, it seems fair to balance it with slowness and short range. A fast-firing weapon that can hit infinite enemies in its path with massive damage sounds very powerful to me. 

Besides, you can't really say that it needs a buff when many people are already using it as an endgame gun with no problems. No need to turn it into a god gun with unnecessary buffs to an already very good weapon. I'd prefer to buff bad weapons than to reinforce a meta.

Plasmor does not work like normal shotguns. If you took the same time to test it on the simulacrum you would notice it actually procs 99% of the time.

27 minutes ago, SirShade said:

Double the fire rate.
cut the reload time in half

Increase the status and Crit to 30%

No, no and no.

It's already OP enough, just take one of the damage mods and add in a utility one.

Also, I feel the need to add :

OP : *Falls in love with a shotgun for what it is even though it seems less powerful than the Meta.

Also OP : *Immediately ask for unreasonable buffs*

The pump fire-rate, the long reload time with it's magnificent animation and the giant pulse of death is what makes this shotgun so amazing to hold and use.
Stats also does not need to be a perfect 100% , the weapon itself already does better than any other shotgun I could ever dream of.
20-30k damage of hall clearing plasma on a fully armored grineer is all I need.

Asking for those buff is super unnecessary, it's just power creep for the sake of power-creeping.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX
12 minutes ago, SirShade said:

Mods: Vicious Spread, Hell's Chamber

Fixed.

Either way, my point remains. If your Arca Plasmor fires two or three projectiles instead of one, then a 99.9% Status means "96.8% chance for each of the two projectiles". It's just the ordinary behaviour of any gun that doesn't have innate multishot.
Compare this to a shotgun that fires 15 pellets per shot or something, for which 99.9% Status would mean "36.9% chance for each of the 15 pellets". That's a significant difference.

Edited by SortaRandom
Actually did the math.

Bah, just ignore those weapons, the Plasmor is excellent where it's at and you don't need those monstrousities to shine. Liking his frame and his arsenal comes first, efficiency becomes second.

Allow me to complain however about how wielding that shotgun breaks the left arm on nearly all frame animation sets. I can't unsee it.

Edited by MrForz

It does, in fact, fire a single projectile. Or, at most, 2-3 projectiles with Hell's Chamber. The kicker, however, is that these singular projectiles projectile emit a wake around them, and furthermore have innate punchthrough between enemies (but not the environment), so it'll emit several wakes as it pushes forward. It is possible to hit some enemies more than once with each projectile under the correct circumstances.

calling it a shotgun would be a huge disservice, it's a total freaking deathwave without the 100% status headache of a conventional shotgun, high crit, with infinite punch-through on enemies, and easily viable for both crit and status builds

fire it at a crowd and it just washes through everything with it's radio-murder-wave, plus with its high-status you can turn it into an unstoppable cc machine, that is if it doesn't kill everything it passes through first

I love my tigris p but you know id maybe kill 4 or 5 with a well placed shot with vicious spread, while the plasmor just deals with a crowd of mobs like a group of five year olds in a wave pool, and it may take more than one shot to do so, but it's still easier to wash through the crowd than it is to pick a few off at a time with a tigris p

yes, it's slow, and the reload is ridiculous, but it's potential versus large groups is enough for me to carry a hydron group on any frame as long as I have the plasmor, not that it's a good idea, but it's possible

in short, I think the gun is in a very good place right now, and if I could change one thing, it would be the sound

it's not the worst sounding gun, but come on, it could sound slightly more intimidating than a gundam sneeze

Edited by Witch

why no one mention about plasmor base damage type at all? you know it's RADIATION damage right?

here my build

primed point blank

vicious spread

hell's chamber

blaze

chilled reload

3 element mod all for corrosive dual stat for better armor reduce and radiation proc pure element for damage

Arca plasmor is always my go to gun with Mirage skill 1 augment build with skill 1 to create 4 of your mirror clone around you make you fire 5 shots of plasmor in one go + hell chamber make it 10 shots or more + vicious spread cover really wide area in front of you + skill 3 insane damage boost at 480% for me I can shred everything with it

reload speed is ok with chilled reload that reduce reload time a lot

VS GRINEER

no need to ask I one shot everything because all corrosive radiation and blast do heavily damage on grineer

VS COPRUS

do less damage but with wide aoe it destroy annoying sapping fast and with radiation make all eximus and osprey buff cannot apply to any of them which is good (don't know if gas+magnet is better or not )

VS INFESTED 

shred everything too

so this is my opinion on arca plasmor (with mirage) 

EDIT: ah shtttt Witch already mention radiation sry

Edited by zerulaw39
  • 3 years later...

IMO the only buff Arca needs is a beefy and dramatic firing sound. Once you unlock Exilus slot and place in Fatal acceleration to increase projectile distance, thus freeing a mod slot for damage mods, force of delet you can output into enemy faces approaches 20k per pew.

Edited by Hayrack