The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cryopods.

4thBro

3 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Why would one end of it be perfectly flat and have balancing legs, then?

Peraphs it works in similar fashion as the cryopod your warframe came from. 

Edited by Henji

1 minute ago, 4thBro said:

Design? Looks? If they were meant to be stood up that way then I assume the body inside would be flipped. Also I don't think I have ever saw these cryo pods stood up vertically. Only the rounded ones. I would assume that if these particular pods where to be positioned vertically they would be either mounted to a wall or some sort of support.

8 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

You are assuming those are legs rather than decorative items or serve some other functional purpose.

Even if it were designed to be upright take a look a the following. If you were to lay this flat and told someone who knew nothing about cabinets to stand it upright, they might assume the larger flat portion is the bottom as it might be more stable that way.

corner-storage-cabinet-blind-corner-cabi

3 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Maybe they are for ceiling mounting actually?

This is the only possibility outside DE messing up the model inside the pod and never noticing.

The length people take to legitimize it is really weird to me. Really? Decorative choice? Really? That's how far your brain will go before it thinks that just maybe the devs messed up? lmao!

It's Ok for them to mess up. I found this really funny. That's all. Didn't expect the "intentional decoration" posts.

Edited by 4thBro

6 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

This is the only possibility outside DE messing up the model inside the pod and never noticing.

The length people take to legitimize it is really weird to me. Really? Decorative choice? Really? That's how far your brain will go before it thinks that just maybe the devs messed up? lmao!

It's Ok for them to mess up. I found this really funny. That's all. Didn't expect the "intentional decoration" posts.

No - that is certainly not the only possibility.  The far more likely possibility is that they are shown currently in their correct orientation with the long runners on the bottom serving as their feet.  Whats weird to me is that you insist they should be stood on their end when they are never shown in that position without considering that the devs did NOT mess up and actually drew them the way they intended with the bodies inside reclined so they would not have to be strapped in place.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

No - that is certainly not the only possibility.  The far more likely possibility is that they are shown currently in their correct orientation with the long runners on the bottom serving as their feet.  Whats weird to me is that you insist they should be stood on their end when they are never shown in that position without considering that the devs did NOT mess up and actually drew them the way they intended with the bodies inside reclined so they would not have to be strapped in place.

lol, No. I'm saying that the pods are clearly designed to have two functional methods of being seated. One as a bed-like posture, and the other standing upright for various purposes (perhaps efficient storage, or better display, etc).

3 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

lol, No. I'm saying that the pods are clearly designed to have two functional methods of being seated. One as a bed-like posture, and the other standing upright for various purposes (perhaps efficient storage, or better display, etc).

Yes in which case they would just have the narrow end towards the floor. They would just have to mount them.