Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your playstyle and loadout as Banshee/Prime?

cykardo

17 minutes ago, cykardo said:

I think I'm a pretty decent Banshee player, and she being my current favourite frame, I would like to know how everyone else plays her. 

I have just over 1000 hours, ~35% of that time has been with a banshee, and I like to make the number beside an enemies lvl irrelevant! :)

96% duration, 160% efficiency, 100% range, 155% strength. Ice Spring fitted for extra mobility and extended knockdowns, Natural Talent for faster casts, Sonic Fracture for armor strip, and Savage Silence for finishers (particularly with Vulcan Blitz on the Jat Kittag). Vitality is also fitted for extra durability, healed back up with Life Strike finishers.

Neutral Range, +Power Strength, +Efficiency, slightly less than neutral Duration, using Savage Silence+Resonance together for double-dipping with a Sarpa set up for Condition Overload and Healing return as it w/ the Bullet Dance combo has an optimal range that lines up nicely with the edge of Banshee's Silence Bubble. Usually paired with Arca Plasmor for clearing out large groups of clustered enemies (alternating between Arca Plasmor and Charge Shots from Sarpa to cover the downtime between Plasmor's shots) and Arca Scisco as a general purpose medium-to-long range weapon.

Gotta love Banshee, she is one of my fav utillity frames.

1. I always use a Sonar banshee for leveling weapons in pubs (Hydron)
Alternatively I solo-level primaries/secondaries with a Silence build;
Ivara is the most effective/safe for this, but Banshee is way more fun.

2. For farming relics I tend to use a Quake build. 

3. For sortie spy missions I use a low range silence build with Sonic Fracture, so I can rush trough the mission and insta-kill the guards if necessary.

1800 hours, 70% of it with Banshee.

Before focus changes I used a max. power strength Resonance build with w/e loadout, even managed to fit Savage Silence as well. Shadow Step all the way, I had nothing to wirry about, ever.

After focus changes the build became obsolete. Now I run a Savage Silence build with Arcane Trickery, minmaxed duration/range (I was playing with Narrow Minded till I settled at rank 5, it suits my playstyle the best). Loadout doesn't matter here either, but I use the operator a LOT, since void mode = godmode, also Naramon's void dash opens up enemies for finishers if I can't kill everyone in Silence's range. I only change frame if I have to (Eidolon, raids). I found the Gladiator set quite useful as well.

I have 3 normal and 2 prime Banshees, each formaed and modded differently. I like to experiment with new builds after something "gamechanger" come with an update.

1. Endless (void, usually) defense:
    1. Run a resonance build on her, crapton on strength, lots of range, lots of duration. efficiency is around 85 or so, but I have arcane energize so it doesn't really matter. plus we usually bring an EV anyways. Once enemies get to lvl 500+, sonar is the only thing keeping us from relying on 1 frame for all the damage. beyond lvl 750 or so you need to start double stacking weak spots so they stack, so i gotta spam the crap out of it. silence is also helpful to keep the enemies' shots down to a minimum
  2. Leveling friends/relic farming
    1. leveling: just quaking in hydron, nothing special. again, arcane energize helps since i can run for 20 waves with no EV and quake the whole time (well I don't kill noxes very quickly, but otherwise pretty damn fast)
    2. farming relics: I bring 2 of em, 1 on each side of the tileset (works on hydron and helene), blast through 10 waves, repeat. super fast relics.
  3. Spy missions
    1. if i'm just doing this to finish leveling a weapon, or to get some relics or whatever, she is nice cause she can destroy cameras with fracture and makes weapons silent.

Other than that, I mostly don't use her. But that actually covers enough of my gameplay (mostly the defenses) that she's in the top 10 frames for sure, probably the top 5 or 6. Great frame :)

I play Sonar banshee with the base + mods (intensify, stretch, power drift, ect), no nightmare mods aside from a rank 4 fleeting expertise, and the sonar augment. My load out usually consists of the Furis (for quick healing), a very accurate primary, and any melee. I just spam out a few waves of sonar and then use sonic boom and silence for quick CC. Rarely do I use sound quake.

''A Not So Savage Silence'' build that doesn't use the augment sence I would rather not waste time on finishers, also it's vaguely modeled after the first era of ''Savage Banshee''

Spoiler

...only with a crap ton more survivability mods cause I am not exactly friends with RNG and would rather be sure that I don't die.

Spoiler

rcD6GXN2RA69_hjIx_xYjw.png

Doesn't work so well against Infested without extra caution in avoiding toxin procs.

Oh and somehow she is my third most used frame, though not by much (1% more then Mag).

Spoiler

nWHjfdKlTKaMoR6QQOa01w.png

I mean can you blacme me? You can't go wrong with Excalibur's Flashbang spam and Zephyr is my favorite female frame.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

The answers I'm getting are pretty interesting. :D

I myself extremely rarely use quake, but it's mostly Sonic boom and Resonance. With 128 Dur, 145 range, 100 eff and 200 str combined with Acid shells Sobek, I have found that even level 100+ are no worries to be shot down in just one click.

Then the Acid shell chains. 😈

I'm at work so can't give exact build but my standard build is power, duration, range with Resonance which works great for leveling weapons.  I do slot Primed Vigor and Vitality as a failsafe when I do Hydron and going pug, as you never know what you'll get.

I normally only quake to slow things down if everyone is getting overwhelmed or there's a revive chain going on, the rest of the time Sonar is up for lots of glowy "Shoot me!" spots.

I don't use her as much as I used to (she used to be a daily go-to 'frame), but generally I'll get her out if defending a fixed objective is on the menu and I don't feel like playing Nyx. I'll use her on PuG exterminates sometimes, particularly invasions.

Loadout...uh...well, I don't really have one. The only weapon she uses regularly is the Dakra Prime, since it has pretty fast finishers and actually looks good. Anything else is whatever strikes my fancy at the time. Lately, it's been the AkstilettoP and the Arco Plasmor.

As for her build, again, she has a number of them, but for just going out and doing something it's basically the Savage Silence build with either Resonating Quake (fixed objective) or Resonance if she's going to be more mobile. The only thing really out of the ordinary is she relies on Primed Vigor for shields/health to free up the extra augment slot.

It works.

6 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

''A Not So Savage Silence'' build that doesn't use the augment sence I would rather not waste time on finishers, also it's vaguly modeled after the first era of ''Savage Banshee''

Reveal hidden contents

...only with a crap ton more survivability mods cause I am not exactly friends with RNG and would rather be sure that I don't die.

Reveal hidden contents

rcD6GXN2RA69_hjIx_xYjw.png

Doesn't work so well against Infested without extra caution in avoiding toxin procs.

Oh and somehow she is my third most used frame, though not by much (1% more then Mag).

Reveal hidden contents

nWHjfdKlTKaMoR6QQOa01w.png

I mean can you blacme me? You can't go wrong with Excalibur's Flashbang spam and Zephyr is my favorite female frame.

That's quite a lot of survivability mods!😱

I don't use any survivability mods on my Banshee. Gotta parkor em all obstacles. 

• Resonance with tons of Duration and decent Range, around 180% Strength, paired with any accurate weapon (or decent shotgun with a supportive team)
  • Savage Silence with tons of Duration and very little range, melee a Lacera with 100% Status and keeping the innate Electricity damage for keeping non-finished enemies stunned.