Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash best melee weapon

Pandemoniuman

Smokescreen enables a "stealth multiplier" (8.0x damage) against enemies that you haven't made contact with. Bumping into an enemy, or damaging them, will prevent the stealth multiplier from coming into effect for the next ~2-3 seconds.

I'd recommend: any weapon that hits hard in one hit, and can do so without risking bumping into enemies.
e.g. Redeemer, any Heavy Blade / Hammer, any Polearm/Whip. If you can reliably hit enemies without bumping into them first, Broken-War with Crimson Dervish will be bloody fantastic.

Seriously, though, if you want single-target damage, try the Redeemer. Bloody fantastic for frames that go invisible.

A lot of other folks will probably recommend Daggers, since Covert Lethality allows daggers to oneshot any enemy with a Finisher. But I wouldn't worry about daggers for now-- until you get to very high levels, Teleport Finishers should oneshot everything regardless of your weapon choice anyways.

broken war, redeemer, scindo prime, galitine prime are awesome for ash, heavies are usually good, because of a 24000% damage multiplier? it does more than any other weapon, i would suggest redeemer for smokescreen, and galitine/scindo prime for so-so tp, and kayrst with covert lethality for fatal teleport

Nearly any decent to good melee weapon really. Ash is a melee powerhouse.

I personally like Nikana Prime, Venka Prime, single daggers (RDD, Karyst or my new 'Bloodfang' Balla Zaw).

Venka Prime in particular works wonders. Those Bleed procs and crits melt just about anything.

Any weapon works really... like, literally any weapon. Status weapons get a status bonus off of weeping wounds and bonus damage off Condition overload,  crit weapons get a crit bonus off blood rush and maiming strike on slides, mixed weapons may profit off both, raw weapons at least off the combo and stealth multipliers.....Ash's bladestorm generates and maintains combo so using those is fairly easy for him. His Fatal Teleport doubles your finisher damage so any weapon is good for that purpose too till you reach the peak of endless missions.

Kinda specialitys of his are:

daggers - covert lethality oneshots and

Jat kittag - scaling AoE in a small range on melee/finisher kills with Vulkan Blitz.

He does get a bonus for slash status but you may or may not use it on your weapons, that's up to you. I recommend setting the modding and arcanes so your kit profits tho.

Meaning: you wanna at least use a single combo mod (2 if you wanna avoid naramon and use melee offhand), Fury (prime if possible) and a Riven with Attack speed on your melee weapon of choice (if possible)

Arcane Trickery, Strike or a combination of both later on.

Bladestorm is pretty savage damage wise right off the bat and scales off your combo multiplier but it's rather slow in the beginning, what pretty much inverts its progression compared to other damaging abilitys. You wanna focus on making it faster, more then stronger for it to reach its peak.

Trickery is a no-brainer since free invisibility.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Nazrethim:

Not quite, weapons with both crit and status are quite mediocre if you try to build for both, at least by comparison to going full crit or full status.

Kinda but not really. Weeping wounds if nothing else can be part of any mixed melee weapon, mostly those that have slash damage as theyr base, what includes

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Nazrethim:

Nikana Prime, Venka Prime

And among others the Broken War OP has at hand.

Slash status fully scales off crit, what's somewhat of a waste not to use. Combine it with viral if your modding allows you to and enemys health gets halved before it's attacked by boosted slash proccs.

Play a status focused build or aim for offhand slides (typical Condition overload builds which ash is capable of too with his slash status from shuriken and BS) and maiming strike or a Riven equivalent at least doubles your final multiplier (x3,6 with a simple crit damage mod)

Going for both often got its value.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Kinda but not really. Weeping wounds if nothing else can be part of any mixed melee weapon, mostly those that have slash damage as theyr base, what includes

And among others the Broken War OP has at hand.

Slash status fully scales off crit, what's somewhat of a waste not to use. Combine it with viral if your modding allows you to and enemys health gets halved before it's attacked by boosted slash proccs.

Play a status focused build or aim for offhand slides (typical Condition overload builds which ash is capable of too with his slash status from shuriken and BS) and maiming strike at least doubles your final multiplier (x3,6 with a simple crit damage mod)

Going for both often got its value.

I haven't found Nikana prime to be particularly effective with that. Venka Prime on the other hand does work. However I can't slap Venka with Viral yet due to lack of modspace. I have to get a Riven for venka but I'm seemingly on another "30 day of anasa" streak again.

Edited by Nazrethim

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Nazrethim:

I haven't found Nikana prime to be particularly effective with that. Venka Prime on the other hand does work. However I can't slap Venka with Viral yet due to lack of modspace. I have to get a Riven for venka but I'm seemingly on another "30 day of anasa" streak again.

Nikana has the same kinda split. A lil more status chance, a lil more basedamage, a lil more range, a lil less crit but the effect on the same build is more or less the same. 

Viral is a option that may as well be on your primary too. (That goes especially for CO setups)

Been planning a Galatine Prime build that includes ppp, berserker, p reach, healing return, CO, maiming strike and 2 dual status mods for my oberon/frost myself ever since my ps4 went to hell. A few modifications (the 3 combo mods instead of dual elements and healingä, P fury instead of berserker, on a hema instead of other choices for health management) and it would work for ash just as fine.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

4 hours ago, TKDancer said:

if u plan on using bladestorm a lot? get the venka prime, if not, anything is good with stealth multiplier

maybe grab smth with lots of range

Venka Prime's passive doesn't affect Blade Storm.

For BS it's pretty straight forward: some way to get infinite energy (or reduce the cost to the point Rage becomes able to sustain it if you ragetank for a few seconds) and get enough attack speed to make slowstorm decent (read: Primed Fury+Riven with at least +40% Attack Speed+Arcane Strike).

Weapon is largely irrelevant.