Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tradechat- did I ever tell you the definition of insanity

(PSN)AtomicEyekon

In trade chat you can basically post anything you want, unlike recruiting there are no limitations to what you can post besides swearing and foul language regardless there needs to be limitations considering it is somehow okay to "try" to trade resources, regular warframes and stalker BP drops. This is first of all not acceptable considering it is false information & confusing players. It doesn't help the fact that 80% of all players in trade chat are lazy when they type they did not type the word Prime after there Warframe parts nor the word Prime after the weapon part.

Warframe is confusing and hard enough to new players as it is already am I personally new no but that dose not matter I take it upon myself when trading considering it is complete boring to no extent. to try to correct the wrongs that are in trade chat "Cleaning trade chat" yet I am one person and of course I have a life I do not play this 24/7

Considering Trade chat TELLS you what is tradable when you enter, and you can't trade non primes, It is ok not to use the word prime. I've spent plenty of time in trade chat and sure a few people here there try to trade resources or non primes but it is not many and they are usually corrected by someone in chat. This is not a big deal at all. Since it can't happen,nobody is ever tricked, etc.

12 hours ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

In trade chat you can basically post anything you want, unlike recruiting there are no limitations to what you can post besides swearing and foul language regardless there needs to be limitations considering it is somehow okay to "try" to trade resources, regular warframes and stalker BP drops. This is first of all not acceptable considering it is false information & confusing players. It doesn't help the fact that 80% of all players in trade chat are lazy when they type they did not type the word Prime after there Warframe parts nor the word Prime after the weapon part.

Warframe is confusing and hard enough to new players as it is already am I personally new no but that dose not matter I take it upon myself when trading considering it is complete boring to no extent. to try to correct the wrongs that are in trade chat "Cleaning trade chat" yet I am one person and of course I have a life I do not play this 24/7

dude ... i don't know what it is like in ps4 ... but your post is harder to read than trade chat ....

They do put a timer to trade chat already, so if you posted something shet, you lose the chance to let ppl see what u have to offer/buy, which produce incentive for them to at least actually post what they want ppl to see.

and "false information"? "confuse"? they will be there regardless of what system got implement in the future or the past with trade chat (that can apply to internet as a whole too). If you don't know that "WTS> Loki set" mean the prime version, you're simply not ready for trade chat (yes there are very little indication for that in the game, but so does everything else).

A system of tags would be nice. If you put #arcane in your tag selection, you will only see chats which have arcanes linked same with #WTB, #WTS, #Prime, #Mod #Riven 

And #!Riven with exclamation to remove specific tagged lines from your trade chat.

This would give you a nice filter. 

3 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Why can't we just post items and prices on a board, and one-click to buy them from the same board? 

Why all the hassle?

Probably because it's another batch of codes DE has to make and they can't/ don't have time to deliver. Honestly, I'd much prefer an auction house sort of system to cater trading needs. My eyes hurt trying to cope up with the scrolling text non-stop.

23 hours ago, Masamune7 said:

Probably because it's another batch of codes DE has to make and they can't/ don't have time to deliver. Honestly, I'd much prefer an auction house sort of system to cater trading needs. My eyes hurt trying to cope up with the scrolling text non-stop.

There's warframe.market.  While not affiliated with DE,  many people considered it as the game's auction house.  

It's prolly why auction house is very low or not in DE's priority list.

On 11/10/2017 at 1:56 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Why can't we just post items and prices on a board, and one-click to buy them from the same board? 

Why all the hassle?

Use the forum search function to find one of the many "auction house" posts so you can read the many explanations on why they would be detrimental to the game.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:00 PM, SenariousNex said:

A system of tags would be nice. If you put #arcane in your tag selection, you will only see chats which have arcanes linked same with #WTB, #WTS, #Prime, #Mod #Riven 

And #!Riven with exclamation to remove specific tagged lines from your trade chat.

This would give you a nice filter. 

Yeah, a filter system would be ni...waaaiiit...you almost got me there

10 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Use the forum search function to find one of the many "auction house" posts so you can read the many explanations on why they would be detrimental to the game.

Ive heard the excuses until I am sick of them.

You know whats WORSE for the game than a board to post item sales on?

Boring your players into quitting entirely.

TheBrsrkr I have heard this excuse too many times basically everyone who ever applied to has said this it does not matter that you can only trade Primes it is not matter that you cannot trade non primes it is the fact that you're posting false information and confusing other players include the word Prime that is all you have to do it comes back to you being lazy

Nah, they won't bother adding the word primes because you cannot trade non-primes anyways and it adds to more writing in trade chat. And more writing=more time taken. I think this is exemplified in consoles maybe? Can you copy paste something easily as pressing ctrl+c then ctrl+v on the controller?

Just use warframe.market, that's my current suggestion. The trade chat is bonkers anyways; yeah the bracket function is a welcomed addition but in the end it's still flooded with many riven offers atm.

3 hours ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

TheBrsrkr I have heard this excuse too many times basically everyone who ever applied to has said this it does not matter that you can only trade Primes it is not matter that you cannot trade non primes it is the fact that you're posting false information and confusing other players include the word Prime that is all you have to do it comes back to you being lazy

Me being lazy doesn't matter, because the player needs 3 things to trade:enough money, enough plat and the item in question for trade. I'd I put up a post saying WTS Orokin Cells 10p each and some new player comes and wants to buy them, I'll invite them over to my clan, we go to the kiosk and  then nothing happens because you can't trade them. This process takes less than 5 minutes. Eventually they'll catch on. Put some faith into your fellow man. Only Primes can be traded, and you get a warning when you try to trade for something outside of your MR. If they can use it, then they just got a prime and it's better for them. I'd they can't, they won't do the trade because they can't use it. There is no win for the scammed and no lose for the new player. I don't see the issue.

Another thing is that auction houses would not work in Warframe because Warframe has a static economy  instead of dynamic. In games with auction houses, you can trade anything worth money. This includes stuff like wood, resources, parts, whatever. These things respawn at a constant rate and anyone can go pick them up in bulk and trade them if they can find it. This is not possible in Warframe, because Warframe only has a system for parts of the best weapons, frames and mods or trading the finished weapon itself in the case of syndicates. These things can be acquired at any time but not by everyone due to MR restrictions and key availability. Not only that, once you trade for something there is no need and will never be a need for another, except in rare cases like Corrupted mods at different ranks.

What does this mean? It means that the instant you put up an auction house, the market will be flooded with too many copies of the same thing, and no one to buy them. There will be a huge boom in the economy as everyone snaps up that one part or set they're looking for at a good price, and then the bubble will instantly burst, tanking the economy because there is a huge supply and no demand. Prices will plummet in an effort to sell anything that isn't super rare or randomly generated like Rivens, and those alone won't be able to keep the economy alive. 

33 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Another thing is that auction houses would not work in Warframe because Warframe has a static economy  instead of dynamic. In games with auction houses, you can trade anything worth money. This includes stuff like wood, resources, parts, whatever. These things respawn at a constant rate and anyone can go pick them up in bulk and trade them if they can find it. This is not possible in Warframe, because Warframe only has a system for parts of the best weapons, frames and mods or trading the finished weapon itself in the case of syndicates. These things can be acquired at any time but not by everyone due to MR restrictions and key availability. Not only that, once you trade for something there is no need and will never be a need for another, except in rare cases like Corrupted mods at different ranks.

What does this mean? It means that the instant you put up an auction house, the market will be flooded with too many copies of the same thing, and no one to buy them. There will be a huge boom in the economy as everyone snaps up that one part or set they're looking for at a good price, and then the bubble will instantly burst, tanking the economy because there is a huge supply and no demand. Prices will plummet in an effort to sell anything that isn't super rare or randomly generated like Rivens, and those alone won't be able to keep the economy alive. 

This is already the case. 90% of the tradeable items are worthless having an auction house now wouldnt make it any worse, it can even improve it as newbies who dont know how, what and for how much they should pay or get would get a quick insight with a way to buy quickly and honestly nothing is more boring than spamming the chat with "WTB x worthless but bit rare mod" or "wtb veiled rivens" just to sit for hours in your ship not doing anything.

Maybe an auction house in this way is not good but what about a trade board?

You put up your item anonimously with a price and they either buy it for that or dont.

If you are online they could chat directly with you throught the board (you know who is talking to you but they dont see your name) to barter a bit.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

This is already the case. 90% of the tradeable items are worthless having an auction house now wouldnt make it any worse, it can even improve it as newbies who dont know how, what and for how much they should pay or get would get a quick insight with a way to buy quickly and honestly nothing is more boring than spamming the chat with "WTB x worthless but bit rare mod" or "wtb veiled rivens" just to sit for hours in your ship not doing anything.

It would definitely make things a lot worse because the point isn't that they're worthless, this that you only need one.

Think of it this way. Let's say Hydroid Prime is wort 200 plat and there's 300 people who want to buy him. With the auction house there are 400 people with parts or sets to sell, and everyone types WTB Tentacle Prime and gets either crucial parts or the whole. What happens the week after? The market for Hydroid Prime had disappeared, because everyone who wanted to buy him bought him already. No ones going to spend plat on getting him. So you lower the price to see if anyone wants him, let's say to 150. Some stragglers may buy it if they couldn't scoop it up before for any reason or couldn't get all the parts, but the main market force is gone. The price will keep dropping and dropping until it is either ducat fodder or its rarity is forced back up by the vault or drop manipulation. 

49 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Think of it this way. Let's say Hydroid Prime is wort 200 plat and there's 300 people who want to buy him. With the auction house there are 400 people with parts or sets to sell, and everyone types WTB Tentacle Prime and gets either crucial parts or the whole. What happens the week after? The market for Hydroid Prime had disappeared, because everyone who wanted to buy him bought him already. No ones going to spend plat on getting him. So you lower the price to see if anyone wants him, let's say to 150. Some stragglers may buy it if they couldn't scoop it up before for any reason or couldn't get all the parts, but the main market force is gone. The price will keep dropping and dropping until it is either ducat fodder or its rarity is forced back up by the vault or drop manipulation. 

But isnt this is the case with the trade chat?

If 300 people want to buy him they bombard the trade chat until the market force for him collapses and the price either drops or they remove it till it normalizes.

Our chaotic trade chat works exactly like an auction house with the addition to make the work of the scammers, platinum sellers and other people with questionable morals easier.

I say we need a simple trade board where i put on my item for a price and they either buy it or try to convince me to go cheaper.

Or

We need a hidden auction where i set up a buyout price what automatically sells the item to the player if he gives that much or more for it and if no one reached the buyout price the seller can choose who to sell it.

In both variants the sellers and the buyers name is hidden, in the auction house the buyers can even see how much the other bid for the item.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

But isnt this is the case with the trade chat?

If 300 people want to buy him they bombard the trade chat until the market force for him collapses and the price either drops or they remove it till it normalizes.

Our chaotic trade chat works exactly like an auction house with the addition to make the work of the scammers, platinum sellers and other people with questionable morals easier.

In theory, yes. In practice, the same 200 buyers and 300 sellers would not even meet because of the chaos that is the Trade Chat. You can only post every 2 minutes, and your post will most certainly be eaten up in 10 seconds or less by the thousands of other posts with the thousands of other things people are selling and buying. It requires a lot more time and effort than simply posting on an auction house and waiting for the buyers to come. In that sense the rarity of the items drops at a much slower rate than other forms of commerce because it doesn't matter how many of them there are to buy if you can't find them. Inefficient? Extremely.  Effective? Certainly. 

5 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I say we need a simple trade board where i put on my item for a price and they either buy it or try to convince me to go cheaper.

Or

We need a hidden auction where i set up a buyout price what automatically sells the item to the player if he gives that much or more for it and if no one reached the buyout price the seller can choose who to sell it.

In both variants the sellers and the buyers name is hidden, in the auction house the buyers can even see how much the other bid for the item.

I don't think hiding names in these transactions would be a good idea. 

3 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

In theory, yes. In practice, the same 200 buyers and 300 sellers would not even meet because of the chaos that is the Trade Chat. You can only post every 2 minutes, and your post will most certainly be eaten up in 10 seconds or less by the thousands of other posts with the thousands of other things people are selling and buying. It requires a lot more time and effort than simply posting on an auction house and waiting for the buyers to come. In that sense the rarity of the items drops at a much slower rate than other forms of commerce because it doesn't matter how many of them there are to buy if you can't find them. Inefficient? Extremely.  Effective? Certainly.

Yes but with the growing pricing sites, soon we are going to hit the rock bottom the part where we might aswell just introduce in somekind of trade board or ah.

3 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

don't think hiding names in these transactions would be a good idea. 

Care to elaborate? My imagined system only "hides" their name but if you decide to put them on an ignore list the system proceeds normally.

20 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Yes but with the growing pricing sites, soon we are going to hit the rock bottom the part where we might aswell just introduce in somekind of trade board or ah.

I have nothing against a trading board so long as it provides some mechanism to judge rarity. If it doesn't it'll end up pretty much the same as an auction house. 

22 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Care to elaborate? My imagined system only "hides" their name but if you decide to put them on an ignore list the system proceeds normally.

Scamming would be a lot easier for sure, and there's really no reason to hide the names. What I want to know is why you would hide the names. Maybe it's just me, but I want to know who I'm dealing with, even if it's just for 5 minutes.