Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Fire Wave in Reactor Sabotage is missing (and other Reactor Sabotage bugs)

LordPreda

Basically when you triggered a meltdown in Reactor Sabotage, in addition to stationary fire hazards throughout the ship you also got a fire effect spreading outwards from the reactor. Rooms would turn red and constantly proc fire on all present. When this covered the whole map, a countdown to meltdown and mission failure would be triggered.

Was this whole mechanic removed or is it bugged? I thought it was a very good mechanic because while Meltdown was the safest and most reliable of the methods of sabotage, it was also the most dangerous. Now it carries absolutely no risk.

Additional bugs related to Reactor Sabotage that I have noticed:

- The red Destroy Coolant Cell waypoint lingers after you have destroyed both coolant cells (assuming you triggered the security) and even after the sabotage is complete. (FIXED I think)

- When you walk into the reactor room (both Corpus and Grineer) the main reactor pillar will flicker between its normal and frost-covered frozen textures, despite you not having done anything to it at that point. (FIXED)

- When you follow the Magnetic sabotage path, Lotus tells you to guard the command console for the reactor but there is never any actual enemy attacking it. This has been the case ever since this mission type was introduced.

Edited by LordPreda

I could live without the heat procs.  I'd prefer the ships I sabotage to go sub-nova.  Freezing their pipage or somehow just creating some magnetic anomalies just isn't as exciting.

There does need to be something to justify the ease with shoving the fuel cell back into the core though.  I'd say more and more pipes exploding into flame throwers, but that could get graphics intensive.  Maybe just initiating the 5 minute count down upon destroying the reactor this way would be good enough.  I mean, with the old fire proc spread, kind of had to run like hell anyway.  Same thing with an immediate count down, just with less frustration.

Edited by Littleman88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fire Hazard: Missing probably cause its intentional cause some Fragile Warframe usually die alot when Fire Hazard is triggered

Cold Hazard: Least Popular, Takes alot of time, Guarding 4 Pipes, The only reason why I do this cause I don't need to hack the last console and no real time Limit

Magnetic Hazard: Bug, If you don't have alarm on, The enemy won't be spawning, Mobile Defense makes the Data Terminal Full Aggro so the enemy rush towards it. Never seen someone actually halt the Magnetic Sabotage

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/12/2017 at 12:43 AM, WilliamHartono12 said:

Fire Hazard: Missing probably cause its intentional cause some Fragile Warframe usually die alot when Fire Hazard is triggered

Cold Hazard: Least Popular, Takes alot of time, Guarding 4 Pipes, The only reason why I do this cause I don't need to hack the last console and no real time Limit

Magnetic Hazard: Bug, If you don't have alarm on, The enemy won't be spawning, Mobile Defense makes the Data Terminal Full Aggro so the enemy rush towards it. Never seen someone actually halt the Magnetic Sabotage

What you're describing is the point of the sabotage path choice. Fire is supposed to be the quickest route, as well as the one creating the most danger, while Cold is meant as the safest route but the hardest and slowest to actually accomplish, with Magnetic as the middle ground.

I can't say I agree with people requesting the removal of features or defending what are clearly bugs just because it makes the game more convenient for them specifically. That's not what this thread is for, at any rate. I want these bugs fixed because it is clear that the missions are not supposed to work like this.