Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry to disappoint but for this event they won't be there. Dark Sectors redesign/smashing is long overdue also but still nothing major to talk about there... we definitely miss days of competitive clans (as long as it wasn't toxic).

Remember all: if you have something constructive to add about what you like about competitive leaderboards for future designs (not this Operation), this is definitely the time and place to do it. We're here reading for that reason.

It's just events has been the endgame while we sit on our hands between them as veterans, we have been waiting for the dark sector rework for SEVERAL years already. Calling this tactical alert an event was just falsely inserting hope in some kind of competition or leaderboards.

Being around competitive people and clans I can tell people were hyped to compete and this will just seem like a wet murkray slap in the face.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

That reward is tied to the Relay Rebuild event which is separate... Devstreams have hinted at quite a few things in progress ('Vintage' Skins Event, Relay Rebuilding).

Seems straightforward enough with future impact on game.I love it.But question for todays hotfix will the bounty fix come today.Like getting reward for compleating each tear of bounty?

I was really hoping that this event would entail some sort of Cetus gate defense from the Infested, but instead we're stuck doing more of what we've been doing for nearly a month...

latest?cb=20150701234709

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

1 minute ago, iTrust said:

It's just events has been the endgame while we sit on our hands between them as veterans, we have been waiting for the dark sector rework for SEVERAL years already. Calling this tactical alert an event was just falsely inserting hope in some kind of competition or leaderboards.

Being around competitive people and clans I can tell people were hyped to compete and this will just seem like a wet murkray slap in the face.

Yeah, fair enough... in the 4 years Events have change a lot in scope, time, offerings, and this particular one introduces a lot of new. The reward structure for the last event (Token System) was really, really well received so we wanted to offer something really deep in that respect this time around. When the gameplay actually hits to collect the rewards that'll dominate the conversation... but at least we can start planning for the next event in the meantime while we wait for the Hotfix.

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I was really hoping that this event would entail some sort of Cetus gate defense from the Infested, but instead we're stuck doing more of what we've been doing for nearly a month...

latest?cb=20150701234709

Hemocyte might be a code-name for a highly anticipated enemy emergence into the plains...

Hemocyte might be a code-name for a highly anticipated enemy emergence into the plains...

If you guys introduce Ghouls... Infested into the plains.
That may just make my week, emphasis on maybe. d:

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Yeah, fair enough... in the 4 years Events have change a lot in scope, time, offerings, and this particular one introduces a lot of new. The reward structure for the last event (Token System) was really, really well received so we wanted to offer something really deep in that respect this time around. When the gameplay actually hits to collect the rewards that'll dominate the conversation... but at least we can start planning for the next event in the meantime while we wait for the Hotfix.

so perhaps only attributing the trophies to the leader boards and token related systems are separate? I am just curious to know what events encouraged this decision, for example, was it a limitation with the event or was it due to community tensions?

Edited by Eureka.seveN

This write up reads like a kind of confusing mess to me... Why is this a "syndicate"? Is it going to have daily caps? What part of this is clan based? It also reads like we need to spend points to buy the items that let us get more points, and is not clear how they would be "equipped" or if they'd be expended.

...it also looks like you just kept referring to different kinds of "NAKAK" but I'm pretty sure that's just supposed to be about one NPC vendor or something.

edit: Also, are "cetus resources" in this case going to include Eidolon Gems? Because that's about all I'd really have interest in, most of the other resources seem trivial.

Edited by OvisCaedo

7 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hey Rebecca, out of curiosity (not really related to the operation but eh) does DE ever plan to bring back the Dark Sector infested strain? Y'know, the metallic looking Chromas and such.

I LOVED infested in DS, but in warframe they have been kinda underwhelming.

The main reason that a lot of veterans still play this game is for the events which have leaderboards that you can compete for.
Leaderboards are a way for a clan to show their passion for that game, they show how dedicated players can be to a single event, whether its an event where you have to do a lot of missions in order to achieve a high score or an event where you have to do an endurance run to get to the top. In past events, players have invested nearly 20 hours without breaks just trying to get to the top because its something that will be on record forever that everyone will see. Seeing your friends, clanmates and Clan wherever they may be on those leaderboards after the event is over is a memory that we can look back on and remember how much we enjoyed the grind; the compromises we had to make and the challenges we had to overcome in order to get the best possible run in.
There are very few leaderboards in this game that are set in stone after a period of time and these Operations and Events give everyone a chance to strive towards putting their name as high up on that list as they can so other people can see the tremendous amount of effort that they put in.

There are *so* many competitive clans out there, many clans have recently been rising and preparing specifically for this event and with all of the new players that have just come in for PoE, they won't get to experience the event environment where everyone is trying out a new mission type or gamemode and experimenting with warframe setups trying to find niche combos to later share with your clan in order to boost them up as high as possible.

In my opinion, taking away these leaderboards is a bad decision, at the end of the day, it is what it is but I sincerely hope that in the future we will either see leaderboards for new event as well as the past events returning with a chance to change those 0's on our profiles into all sorts of numbers :D

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Due to some last minute big bugs, we are moving the event to next week (it'll start between Nov 13-17 and last 10 days)!
Hotfix 22.2.5 is coming tonight with other great fixes within. In addition to bugs in the event (which is why it's not launching)... our infrastructure partners are having some issues that are holding up the hotfix show. We've got coffee, though.

If you want to see the FULL event details, read on!

OperationPlagueStar_Keyart.png

Reveal hidden contents

A new Operation is here. Play Operation: Plague Star next week!

Operation: Plague Star.
Rally your Squad and defend the Plains of Eidolon!

A mysterious meteorite has crashed just outside of Cetus revealing a horrific boil. The boil is growing and the Ostrons have sighted infested lifeforms emerging from it. We need to act now before they make their way to Cetus.

Konzu has received reports that Vay Hek possesses a toxin that can destroy the boil. But Vay Hek won’t help; he sees this infested boil as a means to rid the Plains of Cetus and the Ostrons.

We need to get ahold of the toxin and destroy the boil before it becomes unstoppable. Visit Konzu in Cetus to learn his plan for retrieving the toxin from Vay Hek.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
    Konzu has a Plague Star Specific Bounty for you. Completing the series of Bounty Missions will earn you continued OPERATION STANDING to shop for all the Event Rewards! You should to speak to Konzu at Cetus to begin running the Plague Star Bounty!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
    The Plague Star Bounty starts with enemies in the Medium difficulty range, but you can increase the stakes. The more Bounties you complete, the more standing you earn toward something new: Operation Syndicate! NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plauge Star! The Rewards NAKAK holds to exchange for standing aren't just vanity - some allow you to increase the stakes to earn more!

EVENT REWARDS!
Much like the way we used a token system for the Ambulas Reborn event, we have taken that idea one step further. REMINDER: NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star!

Visit NAKAK with earned standing to choose your Operation Rewards!

NEW:

EIDOLON PHYLAXIS: Equip to earn more standing and make the event harder levels!
Infested Zaw Components!
Event Emblem!
Infested Zaw Exodia

RETURNING:
Ether Daggers
Snipetron
Fulmination Mod
Sacrifice Mod

GENERAL:

CETUS items are available for purchase with Operation Standing!

CLAN SCORING & REWARDS:

INFESTED CATALYST: Summon Hemocyte for rewards & a higher score! Defeating Hemocyte houses 6 new Mods!
HUNTER SET MODS: Drop from the summoning of HEMOCYTES. Infested Catalyst are required for these!
Hunter Adrenaline
Hunter Command
Hunter Munitions
Hunter Recovery
Hunter Synergy
Hunter Track

There are no Leaderboards for this event, instead there are Terracotta, Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies to be built and earned as your Clan ascends through and builds new items! The 'Hemocyte Cystolith' is required for building. Slay the Hemocyte to gather these!

Really important question @[DE]Rebecca, please answer this with much detail:

The infested zaw parts? When we get them, are they infinitely craftable, or once we get them, will they be added to hoks anvil? What if we want to make 30 different zaws from all the new weapon combos, how are we going to do that after the event? 

Please just make it simple. Make zaw parts infinitely usable. That would fix all the zaw problems. We still have to pay 5000 standing to gild a zaw... 

So, what you're saying with having no leader boards is that you are removing the 1 competitive aspect between clans that happens once in a blue moon, because of "toxicity". The rewards from the operation don't even seem that great. The only reason I was excited for this operation was to grind all day for my clan, but now I'll just grind out for the gold trophy, and never touch that operation again. The only plague around is DE's decision making. This is just utterly disappointing, all this hype for nothing.

30 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry to disappoint but for this event they won't be there. Dark Sectors redesign/smashing is long overdue also but still nothing major to talk about there... we definitely miss days of competitive clans (as long as it wasn't toxic).

Remember all: if you have something constructive to add about what you like about competitive leaderboards for future designs (not this Operation), this is definitely the time and place to do it. We're here reading for that reason.

It really feels like you guys are feature-creeping backwards, removing functionality and what the players enjoy, while pushing the features the playerbase dislikes.

2 minutes ago, --Q--NinjaMann said:
The main reason that a lot of veterans still play this game is for the events which have leaderboards that you can compete for.
Leaderboards are a way for a clan to show their passion for that game, they show how dedicated players can be to a single event, whether its an event where you have to do a lot of missions in order to achieve a high score or an event where you have to do an endurance run to get to the top. In past events, players have invested nearly 20 hours without breaks just trying to get to the top because its something that will be on record forever that everyone will see. Seeing your friends, clanmates and Clan wherever they may be on those leaderboards after the event is over is a memory that we can look back on and remember how much we enjoyed the grind; the compromises we had to make and the challenges we had to overcome in order to get the best possible run in.
There are very few leaderboards in this game that are set in stone after a period of time and these Operations and Events give everyone a chance to strive towards putting their name as high up on that list as they can so other people can see the tremendous amount of effort that they put in.

There are *so* many competitive clans out there, many clans have recently been rising and preparing specifically for this event and with all of the new players that have just come in for PoE, they won't get to experience the event environment where everyone is trying out a new mission type or gamemode and experimenting with warframe setups trying to find niche combos to later share with your clan in order to boost them up as high as possible.

In my opinion, taking away these leaderboards is a bad decision, at the end of the day, it is what it is but I sincerely hope that in the future we will either see leaderboards for new event as well as the past events returning with a chance to change those 0's on our profiles into all sorts of numbers :D

What gets me more is how a third syndicate is:

unknown.pngj51uHm1.gif

I am already done with Plains of Eidolon, and this event will be done in 30 minutes. Also rewarding gold trophies for participating is also quite annoying. I am honestly disappointed that this Operation is no more than a Tactical Alert. 

aSVjtu7.png

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

What gets me more is how a third syndicate is:

unknown.pngj51uHm1.gif

I am already done with Plains of Eidolon, and this event will be done in 30 minutes. Also rewarding gold trophies for participating is also quite annoying. I am honestly disappointed that this Operation is no more than a Tactical Alert. 

aSVjtu7.png

but did u buy all the arcanes?