Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

42 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry to disappoint but for this event they won't be there. Dark Sectors redesign/smashing is long overdue also but still nothing major to talk about there... we definitely miss days of competitive clans (as long as it wasn't toxic).

Remember all: if you have something constructive to add about what you like about competitive leaderboards for future designs (not this Operation), this is definitely the time and place to do it. We're here reading for that reason.

Clans need content to make the effort of maintaining an active and healthy clan worthwhile.  Since i started this game 2 years ago, there has only been FOUR operations that were leaderboard events.  There are "Competitive clans" that exist for the main reason of competing in these events, since the other leaderboards for missions reset every week.  They want to have some goal to achieve that will set them apart from other casual clans.

might as well say there is no reason to have a competitive clan

just call it an event.or alert if it isn't a leaderboard operation, and stop trying to make it into something it isn't

49 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

That reward is tied to the Relay Rebuild event which is separate... Devstreams have hinted at quite a few things in progress ('Vintage' Skins Event, Relay Rebuilding).

Ever going to bring back weekend events? Short simple things about racking up a high score for leaderboards?

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Due to some last minute big bugs, we are moving the event to next week (it'll start between Nov 13-17 and last 10 days)!
Hotfix 22.2.5 is coming tonight with other great fixes within. In addition to bugs in the event (which is why it's not launching)... our infrastructure partners are having some issues that are holding up the hotfix show. We've got coffee, though.

If you want to see the FULL event details, read on!

OperationPlagueStar_Keyart.png

Hide contents

A new Operation is here. Play Operation: Plague Star next week!

Operation: Plague Star.
Rally your Squad and defend the Plains of Eidolon!

A mysterious meteorite has crashed just outside of Cetus revealing a horrific boil. The boil is growing and the Ostrons have sighted infested lifeforms emerging from it. We need to act now before they make their way to Cetus.

Konzu has received reports that Vay Hek possesses a toxin that can destroy the boil. But Vay Hek won’t help; he sees this infested boil as a means to rid the Plains of Cetus and the Ostrons.

We need to get ahold of the toxin and destroy the boil before it becomes unstoppable. Visit Konzu in Cetus to learn his plan for retrieving the toxin from Vay Hek.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
    Konzu has a Plague Star Specific Bounty for you. Completing the series of Bounty Missions will earn you continued OPERATION STANDING to shop for all the Event Rewards! You should to speak to Konzu at Cetus to begin running the Plague Star Bounty!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
    The Plague Star Bounty starts with enemies in the Medium difficulty range, but you can increase the stakes. The more Bounties you complete, the more standing you earn toward something new: Operation Syndicate! NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plauge Star! The Rewards NAKAK holds to exchange for standing aren't just vanity - some allow you to increase the stakes to earn more!

EVENT REWARDS!
Much like the way we used a token system for the Ambulas Reborn event, we have taken that idea one step further. REMINDER: NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star!

Visit NAKAK with earned standing to choose your Operation Rewards!

NEW:

EIDOLON PHYLAXIS: Equip to earn more standing and make the event harder levels!
Infested Zaw Components!
Event Emblem!
Infested Zaw Exodia

RETURNING:
Ether Daggers
Snipetron
Fulmination Mod
Sacrifice Mod

GENERAL:

CETUS items are available for purchase with Operation Standing!

CLAN SCORING & REWARDS:

INFESTED CATALYST: Summon Hemocyte for rewards & a higher score! Defeating Hemocyte houses 6 new Mods!
HUNTER SET MODS: Drop from the summoning of HEMOCYTES. Infested Catalyst are required for these!
Hunter Adrenaline
Hunter Command
Hunter Munitions
Hunter Recovery
Hunter Synergy
Hunter Track

There are no Leaderboards for this event, instead there are Terracotta, Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies to be built and earned as your Clan ascends through and builds new items! The 'Hemocyte Cystolith' is required for building. Slay the Hemocyte to gather these!

Can someone help me to understand exactly what all these new things are? 

So we go to Konzu, I get it. But what's this other stuff about Nakak and operational supplies and etc?

Edited by UF-1215

54 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry to disappoint but for this event they won't be there. Dark Sectors redesign/smashing is long overdue also but still nothing major to talk about there... we definitely miss days of competitive clans (as long as it wasn't toxic).

Remember all: if you have something constructive to add about what you like about competitive leaderboards for future designs (not this Operation), this is definitely the time and place to do it. We're here reading for that reason.

I'm just curious about the reason behind removing them. I'm not sure it was a good decision...

Event leaderboards add a spirit of competitiveness between clans, clan members and friends. They allow us to fight for a spot that will forever be in the records and show how good and/or dedicated a clan or a player is. They are special and very different from the not-so-good in-game weekly LBs. I think you guys needs to work on that aspect in the future. Adding an "All-Time" and "Monthly" in-game leaderboards would make it a lot better. Also, Octavia Incident Archive 2318-H was a good addition but we need more things we can do speedruns on. As of now we only have raids and Octavia archive. 

I'm not sure what other feedback to give. Tl;dr I just want more/better leaderboards and definitively event leaderboards. And thank you Rebecca for responding to some of our posts, much appreciated.  

1 minute ago, UF-1215 said:

I'm sorry, but lovely Rebecca, I don't understand one thing you just said. 

Can someone help me to understand exactly what all these new things are? 

So we go to Konzu, I get it. But what's this other stuff about Nakak and operational supplies and etc?

there will be a new syndicate for the duration of the event. Nakak is the vendor for the syndicate. during the operation he will sell various items some new, some old. one of the items he sells will make the event harder and increase standing earned.

Like seriously,DE?

I was expecting leaderboards for competetive clans like anyone else - there are none.

Instead we get even more bounties and another syndicate system,you want us to grind to death?

I was so glad i dont have to play the bounties anymore since i have everything from Konzu,now here we go again,playing the same over and over again.

This is also ruining clans - what is the reason to have a clan ? Well to have someone to play with,but the competetive side of clans are totally gone.

To be honest,I am very disappointed now.

DE can you stop putting clan specific rewards into these. I'm pretty sure over half your playerbase are not in competitive clans and don't want to put in the insanely high grind that is required for the rewards (which are, so far, the only ones worthwhile in the events, looking at previous events)

It's just not fun for smaller clans.

Just now, Stormandreas said:

DE can you stop putting clan specific rewards into these. I'm pretty sure over half your playerbase are not in competitive clans and don't want to put in the insanely high grind that is required for the rewards (which are, so far, the only ones worthwhile in the events, looking at previous events)

You know leaderboards work per tier, doesnt matter how small of a clan it is. And clearly by this thread we can see alot of people that care about it

1 minute ago, Temragon said:

Well, my name doesn't start with "-", guess I'll just be looking forward to something new to do in the game instead of complaining about lack of epeen-waving.

Don't mind me.

If we weren't supposed to mind you then why comment? Hi, I have dashes and I'm here to say if you weren't in a clan that PROBABLY doesn't compete, you'd be upset too. :/

1 minute ago, Stormandreas said:

Pacifism Defect- Requirements for Ignis Wraith BP :

Ghost Clans must earn: 1,300 Points.  260 Points. 

Yeah, "insanely high grind for not competitive clans"

Just now, ---RV---Maniac said:

You know leaderboards work per tier, doesnt matter how small of a clan it is. And clearly by this thread we can see alot of people that care about it

I mean things like the Ignis Wraith. A clan reward that you CAN'T re-acquire unless you were one of the top clans in your tier, which locks out a large portion of the playerbase from being able to get it later on.

If they're giving rewards like that, make it available to the majority of the players, not minority

This type of person is why DE is making everything easy to gain. Putting in dedication and getting a result is very rewarding, while you want everything handed to you? Why play the game? Also the requirements are reduced the smaller the clan gets. You want things to get easier?

I mean things like the Ignis Wraith. A clan reward that you CAN'T re-acquire unless you were one of the top clans in your tier, which locks out a large portion of the playerbase from being able to get it later on.

If they're giving rewards like that, make it available to the majority of the players, not minority

the thing that ppl giveaway or sell for 10 plat?