Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Stormandreas said:

I mean things like the Ignis Wraith. A clan reward that you CAN'T re-acquire unless you were one of the top clans in your tier, which locks out a large portion of the playerbase from being able to get it later on.

If they're giving rewards like that, make it available to the majority of the players, not minority

Or, just ask in trade chat for a free BP, I know i give them out to ppl who have them. You gotta just ask.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Temragon said:

Well, my name doesn't start with "-", guess I'll just be looking forward to something new to do in the game instead of complaining about lack of epeen-waving.

Don't mind me.

Ahhh, I feel like you've never tasted what it was like to compete in this game. Event is fine for people like that, but it isnt for competitive players. 

Also hi Karma o/

3 minutes ago, Temragon said:

Well, my name doesn't start with "-", guess I'll just be looking forward to something new to do in the game instead of complaining about lack of epeen-waving.

Don't mind me.

We "-" are not all like that =(

I play Warframe to escape the PvP gaming world and its toxicity. Leaderboards are nice but not needed.

4 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

DE can you stop putting clan specific rewards into these. I'm pretty sure over half your playerbase are not in competitive clans and don't want to put in the insanely high grind that is required for the rewards (which are, so far, the only ones worthwhile in the events, looking at previous events)

It's just not fun for smaller clans.

Couldn't agree more with you two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormandreas said:

I mean things like the Ignis Wraith. A clan reward that you CAN'T re-acquire unless you were one of the top clans in your tier, which locks out a large portion of the playerbase from being able to get it later on.

If they're giving rewards like that, make it available to the majority of the players, not minority

Even getting into the top 10% was easy. Because people like you didn't put that hour of grinding in.

2 minutes ago, Nomicakes said:

It will make absolutely zero lore-based sense if they do.

I'm emphasising the point that DE are forcing Operators on alot of players instead of havign them as an optional way to play the game.

If they don't that's great, it'll be enjoyable,

If they do however it'll kill alot of it for me and many others.

I just want to know if the bounty rewards per stage are going to be out before this event. I'm ready to lay down and die trying to get Augur Reach. Any idea if this will be the case @[DE]Rebecca? Also, are there any plans to reduce the amount of oxium required for Magus Elevate? I'm banging my head on the wall trying to farm up the 46,000 oxium, WITH a booster, on the currently recommended node to do this (Galatea) and only getting about 900 per run. 900. Out of 46,000. :(

Edited by Eibhleann
used wrong word (accepted instead of recommended)

2 minutes ago, --RV--Ne_NobodyDS said:

Pacifism Defect- Requirements for Ignis Wraith BP :

Ghost Clans must earn: 1,300 Points.  260 Points. 

Yeah, "insanely high grind for not competitive clans"

UNACCEPTABLE

eee3baaca4.png

Don't mind me.

Waves epeen.

Honestly we've had 4 leaderboards in the last how long 4 years? waiting on a dark sector replacement. I think veterans have a reason to be somewhat upset when DE doesn't add leaderboards to an operation which always had leaderboards in the past.

7 minutes ago, iTrust said:

Honestly we've had 4 leaderboards in the last how long 4 years? waiting on a dark sector replacement. I think veterans have a reason to be somewhat upset when DE doesn't add leaderboards to an operation which always had leaderboards in the past.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against tracking top stats for events on leaderboards. It's actually pretty cool.

Just noting a lot of the BM going on in the thread.

I may be a little gunshy about leaderboard-related events (or at least rewards) though, the last one split my clan up because of how tiers work.

Admittedly, the gameplay rewards being tradeable (Ignis Wraith) was a fair way to handle it.

Will we be getting another more detailed Operation details just prior to it going live? No offense to what we have here but several portions don't quite make sense (the Clan scoring section being one of the most confusing). Maybe it'll be clearer with the context of the event but for prep reasons it's very confusing to try to understand what we will be getting ourselves into with the event. I have three newbie warframe players in my clan and they have a lot of questions about events since this will be their first event.

I personally have no cares in any direction about the leaderboard presence or not. I do like the fact rewards are not going to be tied to a leaderboard because that just makes me feel like I'm in an A****** professor's class and to succeed that means making others fail and that just doesn't feel right to me.

2 minutes ago, Poverty said:

I bet your clan isn't even good enough to compete at a competitive level, your bad and you should feel bad.

It's true having you with us doesn't help :PPPP

Joking aside though, I hope this "no leaderboard" will not become a trend with the next events. There needs to be something to do for clans. 

DE, you guys still have time to change something about this... make leaderboards a thing please, after having so many new players join the game and join clans, the first event they would experience is clan leaderboard-less. Kinda sad really. Clans are declining in importance and interaction.

I don't feel like we know very much about this event yet. I personally don't care much for leaderboards but understand why people would want them. Perhaps there might not even be a realistic way to rank clans in this event? Hopefully we will learn more prior to the event actually going live.

Just now, Stoner74 said:

It's true having you with us doesn't help :PPPP

Joking aside though, I hope this "no leaderboard" will not become a trend with the next events. There needs to be something to do for clans. 

Ouch.

And yeah. Hopefully not, really sucks to have the wind knocked out like this. Would have been less jaded about it if they announced the lack of leaderboards a tad earlier. We will hopefully get some action soon

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yeah, fair enough... in the 4 years Events have change a lot in scope, time, offerings, and this particular one introduces a lot of new. The reward structure for the last event (Token System) was really, really well received so we wanted to offer something really deep in that respect this time around. When the gameplay actually hits to collect the rewards that'll dominate the conversation... but at least we can start planning for the next event in the meantime while we wait for the Hotfix.

I liked token system for events. I see nothing wrong with exploring the boundaries of it, what works, what doesn't.  The only thing I could ask for is that on top of more serious mods as rewards we also can get silly weapon mods like Kinetic Ricochet.  It serves no purpose but S#&$s and giggles, and that's fine.

Boy golly, I sure hope those Focus 3.0x²³° changes drop along with this Tac Alert. It'd sure make me pleased as punch, in spite of (or in addition to, depending) the whole Leaderboards debacle.

I secretly believe this means that "Kingpins" is going to be coming sooner than the players have expected, and/or "Space Pirate Mode"...but then I'm an incurable optimist.

But hey, thanks for working really hard on this upcoming Tac Alert DE, and for having the guts to try new things! I'm proud of you's guys~  :highfive: