Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, Aveu said:

Sorry, at this point in the design process (for this operation) I think it's non-negotiable.

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The entire point of an Operation is to add leaderboards. This entire event is a third syndicate that forces you to do bounties, and has nothing more that a Devstream Alert could have. I feel the tag of "Operation" is misleading.

OK SO  leaderboards then need to be done on percentage of clan members as total a 1000 player clan and a low end 10 player clan should be able to make it on top, simply if a 10 player clan does 1000 points and a 1000 clan does , 100000. it is a tie. each doing a ten percent advance based on clan size. if you do not think so then it is really not a contest at all and does not require a leader board, for then the answer would be the largest clan would be on top, always.

Lovely, just wish the bounties changes were here sooner.

Will be the Infested Zaws be separate unique parts that give mastery or they will work like reskins of existing Zaws?

Also, there will be a way to get these later, or new players will have to wait for a second event? (*cough* Infestation razorback/fomorian *cough*)

Personally don't think just because there's leaderboards every single clan needs to be able to win (regardless of their size). I don't think its that unreasonable for larger clans to have a better chance at winning, especially since there's a clan cap, so its not like one clan can really get that many more members than another.

That being said, I don't think locking rewards behind this leaderboard system is a good idea. Competition for the sake of competition seems fine to me, especially for those clans interested in it. I think a good idea would be to make this leaderboard semi-permanent (at least until this event gets repeated, if it does?) so that clans that work to show up on the leaderboards actually get noticed for their accomplishment. 

Small clans (or solo clans) should be capable of unlocking all the content the bigger clans are, but a single person being able to compete with an entire clan of people seems crazy to me.

Edited by TheRocketMan1997

Event sounds interesting.

There’s one thing about it which soubds amazing: Multiple mission objective, variable Bounty-style missions. Hot damn, that will actually make it feel like when you’re doing them, you are part of an ongoing operation, with some cells sabotaging enemy landing bases, some cells retrieving supplies, some cells stealing enemy weapon drops, all that kind of thing.

I also have some folks in my clan who are either relatively new to Warframe or coming back to it from a little hiatus, so it’s nice to be have an Operation to do.

Not particularly bothered by the lack of leaderboards, to be honest.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

INFESTED CATALYST: Summon Hemocyte for rewards & a higher score! Defeating Hemocyte houses 6 new Mods!
HUNTER SET MODS: Drop from the summoning of HEMOCYTES. Infested Catalyst are required for these!
Hunter Adrenaline
Hunter Command
Hunter Munitions
Hunter Recovery
Hunter Synergy
Hunter Track

Please tell me we aren't getting 6 more event-exclusive mods. The archwing ones are annoying enough to get as it is, and they show up regularly.

In other words, please add these mods to a permanent drop table after the event.

25 minutes ago, leadwolf1 said:

OK SO  leaderboards then need to be done on percentage of clan members as total a 1000 player clan and a low end 10 player clan should be able to make it on top, simply if a 10 player clan does 1000 points and a 1000 clan does , 100000. it is a tie. each doing a ten percent advance based on clan size. if you do not think so then it is really not a contest at all and does not require a leader board, for then the answer would be the largest clan would be on top, always.

you do know that clan leaderboards are separated based on clan tier right? as in its only moon vs moon and ghost vs ghost, additionally the tiered rewards such as the trophies are also based on the tier of the clan

38 minutes ago, ---RV---JayJay said:

you do know that clan leaderboards are separated based on clan tier right? as in its only moon vs moon and ghost vs ghost, additionally the tiered rewards such as the trophies are also based on the tier of the clan

AND that is where if you have a larger clan than the smaller one the rewards should be equal not separated so you can not get something. if I am understanding what you are saying? All rewards should be equal, if it was 100  kuva for ghost it should be 100 kuva for moon all being the same , no penalty for size of clan. But you see my way if all 10 players were active and did there best in what ever it was and the 100 player clan only had 20 active doing the event the 10 clan wins for being most active, going by percentage. so if you say you have a clean that is competitive then, even with 1000 active members that clan with the 10 members could have a chance of taking the top spot of the leader board.which goes back to my original post with the example of the 10 percent, for players in clan. 

Edited by leadwolf1

Looks good so long as the token system is not too grindy and the rewards are at least on par with the weapons we have now. If I have the option to crank up the enemy difficulty to around lv 90-100 i'll be very happy.

I'm fine with no leaderboards. What is essentially PvP in a PvE game always seemed funny to me anyways especially in warframe events where all the high scorers devolve into who can find the cheesiest 3 warframes + trinity comp and who has the clan most members who can no life a mission for a few hours in one sitting. Hardly heroic.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry to disappoint but for this event they won't be there. Dark Sectors redesign/smashing is long overdue also but still nothing major to talk about there... we definitely miss days of competitive clans (as long as it wasn't toxic).

Remember all: if you have something constructive to add about what you like about competitive leaderboards for future designs (not this Operation), this is definitely the time and place to do it. We're here reading for that reason.

Im just new here. For the next Leaderboard how about tiered rewards? or was it done already?

If DE said they would never include a leaderboard in an event ever again I would be ecstatic.Every time there has been an event with a leaderboard, it has ended up flooding the forums with accusations of cheating, exploiting, and toxic e-peenery. When a person says that they are in a 'competitive clan' and then says that their clan is 'getting bored', my response is 'poor clan leadership'. If your people are so bored, maybe you should do something about it and make up a competition of your own. Get in touch with the leaders of other competitive clans. Make up wacky challenges for each other. If you can't sort out a proper way to keep yourself and your clan busy, the problem lies with you. If you want leaderboards, fine, create your own, but mark my words, if you DO actually try to make your own, don't be surprised to see the inevitable toxicity such things bring. Then maybe you'll understand why people like me don't like them in what is almost entirely a PVE game, but I doubt it. 

I suppose it could be said that I'm a 'veteran' in this game, with over 4000 hours logged on steam. With that said, I would appreciate it if people would stop presuming to speak for me when they say 'we veterans' every time they want DE to hold their hand in finding something to keep them busy.

• Like 2