Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, TheShadowQueen said:

. PLAY THE GAME!!!!! NOT EVERYTHING IS A DAMN CONTEST!!!! HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FUN FOR ONCE!!!!! 

Actually playing a competitive content make you playing the game.
I am not sure that you are aware how much potential has this game?(especially the synergy of warframes).Testing all weapons ? all warframes ?

"" HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FUN FOR ONCE!!!!! " what ? I dont understand ? have you ever challenge yourself to do something fun in this game ? Or make something fun with your friends ? Something hard which sound impossible to you, but you still manage to do it after 3-4 runs... well if you do, some people love EVENTS. And WE the competitive player, dose NOT care much about rewards. You, the casual people/player complaining about rewards. Rewards which are hard to obtain.... 

On the one hand people said they are considered as casual people and in other they want exclusive weapons or stuff without doing anything to obtain this reward. This  is paradoxically for me... Why casual people would care about rewards and keep whining here about anything special druing events ? EVEN competitive player dosent care about rewards.....

Edited by -TSA-Rubicon2.0
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, -TSA-Rubicon2.0 said:

Actually playing a competitive content make you playing the game.
I am not sure that you are aware how much potential has this game?(especially the synergy of warframes).Testing all weapons ? all warframes ?

"" HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FUN FOR ONCE!!!!! " what ? I dont understand ? have you ever challenge yourself to do something fun in this game ? Or make something fun with your friends ? Something hard which sound impossible to you, but you still manage to do it after 3-4 runs... well if you do, some people love EVENTS. And WE the competitive player, dose NOT care much about rewards. You, the casual people/player complaining about rewards. Rewards which are hard to obtain.... 

On the one hand people said they are considered as casual people and in other they want exclusive weapons or stuff without doing anything to obtain this reward. This  is paradoxically for me... Why casual people would care about rewards and keep whining here about anything special druing events ? EVEN competitive player dosent care about rewards.....

Thats not what I meant. I'm saying that a lot of competitive players dont appreciate most of the things DE does. Tings like this. "This is the first non-leaderboard event in the whole of Warframe's existence." I put this in here for a reason. There is a point to competition and I agree, it can be fun. But a lot of people complain about ONE event not having a leaderboard. It's stupid.

Edited by TheShadowQueen

Just now, TheShadowQueen said:

Thats not what I meant. I'm saying that a lot of competetive players dont appreciate most of the things DE does. Tings like this. "This is the first non-leaderboard event in the whole of Warframe's existence." I put this in here for a reason. THere is a ponit to competition and I agree, it can be fun. But a lot of people complain about ONE event not having a leaderboard. It's stupid.

its not about this one, we are fully aware that our efforts here will not change this operation. what we are here talking about is whether or not this should become a pattern.

Thats not what I meant. I'm saying that a lot of competetive players dont appreciate most of the things DE does. Tings like this. "This is the first non-leaderboard event in the whole of Warframe's existence." I put this in here for a reason. THere is a ponit to competition and I agree, it can be fun. But a lot of people complain about ONE event not having a leaderboard. It's stupid.

Oh boy.

Removing aspects of the game should be celebrated?
Why?
Did the presence of leaderboards effect you in any previous events?
Did it somehow diminish your fun that people were pursuing goals, that you had no interest in?
Let me return your "advice" to you - 

1 hour ago, TheShadowQueen said:

HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FUN FOR ONCE!!!!!

Wow... You really don't see my point....

Removing aspects of the game should be celebrated?

Im not saying that leaderboard removal should be celebrate, or be permanent or that matter. I'm SAYING that there has been many a leaderboard event, why can't there be ONE EVENT that doesn't have one LIKE THIS ONE

1 minute ago, TheShadowQueen said:

Wow... You really don't see my point....

Im not saying that leaderboard removal should be celebrate, or be permanent or that matter. I'm SAYING that there has been many a leaderboard event, why can't there be ONE EVENT that doesn't have one LIKE THIS ONE

Because the Leader boards have value only for people that care about Leader board?
Explain to me how exactly did they effect you in previous events?
What does something like this :
http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/ambulasReborn.php

Mean to a person that does not run in a "competitive" clan?

... Again... You don't see my point.:facepalm:

1. I never said I don't run in a "competitive clan"

2. I never said it EVER affected me before. 

I just think its stupid that people are whining about it. Its ONE event...

Again, you don't "get it"

Let me whisper you a little secret : 
If something does not effect you and you don't care about it, that does not mean that you get to demand from other people to show the same level of apathy, or "HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FUN FOR ONCE!!!!!".

From the comments about 'competition' and 'indirect PVP between Clans' and 'NOTHING TO DO', I'll say this one word. It may annoy many, but it is something you have ignored I would think.
:conclave: Conclave.

@[DE]Rebecca, as for this Operation's loot, will it be reintroduced in some manner once the Operation is complete as was with numerous items previously?
Bonus questions:

Spoiler

Also, on that note, I would be overjoyed to see any event or Operation that shaped the Warframe lore as of now to return in the form of a side-quest. Like that Operation to do with Sargas Ruk and Alad V for instance.

Aside from those, another suggestion would be to introduce weekly events that occur based on what players are doing (i.e; killing lots of Grineer in particular would have Nightwatch Corps and Kuva/Imperial troops showing up as kill-squads on normal missions, or killing lots of Corpus would have them send a hunting team of Raptor 2.0s and Zanuka, or something). 

Aside from that, Lotus, could there be a chance to see what Natah was like, or what a Hunhow Terlayst would look like?

In fact, on this note to finish it off, will Hunhow ever take notice of Eidolon's remains?

Still waiting for the rug-seller to sell rugs, and for Bounties and Sorties to reward you per-stage.

1 hour ago, phoenix1992 said:

Because the Leader boards have value only for people that care about Leader board?
Explain to me how exactly did they effect you in previous events?
What does something like this :
http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/ambulasReborn.php

Mean to a person that does not run in a "competitive" clan?

Looking at the leaderboard I would have to say that not many clans are even competitive, and the arguing is not called for. most of the clans that are on the list ,  did not do a competitive amount, Keep in mind my math is correct but the clan size may not be , for I am going to say that the clan for competition is a full clan,(which I know is wrong,) so start with ghost the top score if everyone did equal amount it would be that each player did 1,069. then you have top score of shadow score 282 each player. then storm top score comes to 243 each player, then you have mountain 169 each player, then the very high score of moon comes to 125 each player. even if you cut the clan size in half and doubled the amount per person. SO my point is the leader board the way it is, is a false leader board , from the points on it as you go down toward 10 you can clearly say they were not in competition with  the ones trying. Why should I care as a player? well , some had said that they want to use it for recruitment in a competitive clan. some want to be able to to have and wear top sigils , Sedona's and have trophies in the clan. Some not all even want rewards like the ignis wraith. SO if you were to do my idea and have a sign up I can now see it would ruin the board. you would not even have those listed on this board now, judging from the numbers in some clan areas you would have from 1 to 2 clans listed total. SO in my humble opinion it lies to new players/ clans are trying to recruit from , and the community is so small that even tried to compete. there should be no reward that others in the game can not get except for the trophy to keep in the dojo. this does the same thing  for recruiting. 

Just now, leadwolf1 said:

So has anyone else went by to boil and seen how fast the toxin takes your health away?

Yes I have. I also noticed that there was a load of spores in the air, pretty clearly visible at night, across the entirety of the Plains.

1 minute ago, Darkfire249 said:

Yes I have. I also noticed that there was a load of spores in the air, pretty clearly visible at night, across the entirety of the Plains.

I can only guess that it will affect us flying maybe but , just from going by it framing is going to be important, survivability

Y'know, there should be a leaderboard tracking the amount of helping hands a player has given over the years. I think the newbies will really appreciate the hordes of veterans who will help them.

I don't know how the stats will be tracked though, way too many variables.

With that said I need to get that Sacrifice mod!! And ether daggers for the MR as well :D.

Edited by huhhWhat

On 11/11/2017 at 1:42 AM, --RV--Karma said:

They just took away an aspect that some people enjoy about past operations. Taking away/not having leader-boards is similiar to DE stopping selling tennogen for ALL warframes. Not a huge impact cause it doesn't affect functionality but there would be a SUPER angry mob over that tho because ppl enjoy expressing themselves via fashion while some of us enjoy expressing ourselves via leader-board stats. TL:DR - Some enjoy expressing themselves with fashion/colors/looks WHHIILLEEE some others enjoy expressing themselves in a leader-board/numerical tracking way. - HintHint - one of these you can't do in this upcoming event. 

I would guess tennogen is much much more popular than the vocal minority that like leader boards.

4 minutes ago, DrThunder said:

I would guess tennogen is much much more popular than the vocal minority that like leader boards.

Tennogen has nothing to do with leaderboards. Leaderboards are there for players who have something to push themselves with when it comes to events. We get maybe 1 (2 if we are pushing it) events per year, and this event is nothing more than mindless bounties for another syndicate. 

If you don't like leaderboards, you can dismiss them as just a number on a screen. Since there are no Dark Sectors, and the old void endurance was killed with Specters of the Rail (shudders), Operations are the only thing some players are grasping onto in terms of pushing their limits and knowledge about this PvE centered game.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

6 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Still waiting for the rug-seller to sell rugs

Have you checked the Market, lately? It's there....

When we get Operator Housing DE's gonna make a KILLING selling plat-costing deco...
It would be terrible for them to move such items to a NPC stall on Cetus.

12 hours ago, leadwolf1 said:

Let me tell you this, I care about the game and the playing in the game , not just for me but for all players, I agree with other players and add to give ideas to the DE team. . SO here is my final thought to be fair with players, AS long as there is no reward that interferes with the play , weapon, mods ,anything giving that said clan even more power  on frames or weapons that others can not get, then have your leader board but do not add my clan or others who do not want to participate ,  unless I decide or they decide to compete then allow me or them to .add my or  add their clan to the competition board. Again DE Rebecca would not have asked for how to recreate the leaderboards and award system if the current way was good. So get over it already, If you really want a leader board and real competition with all the clans then figure out a way that a small clan and a big clan can goin a fair competition, Like weather you are in a 10 player clan or a 1000 player clan there is fair scores, example one 1000 player clan has 685 players active and the other has 720 players active at the time of event, then you take the top 685 scores from the 720 clan and the clan with the highest score that way wins the top leader board this way maybe just maybe there would be more clans willing to compete, If competition and leader boards are really your main agenda.  There may be other clans would be willing to compete, but right now, do find that larger clans have the upper hand and smaller one have a disadvantage, I really could not say for sure but hey I am sure DE has a lot more emails and messages sent to them then you or I even know about  and this is why they asked for you to come up with moving forward what you want to see as a player. but you are not DE team so come up with ideas. the old way is not the way they want it. If they did then why would they ask?

OK, so first off, nothing should be gained as an additional award by competing for a place on the leader boards. That way none can complain that it's unfair they were not able to get the deluxe reward for whatever reason.

Secondly, each player should get an inbox message asking them if they would like to compete for a place on the leaderboard, so no one forcibly has their efforts recorded, this should help those that don't care about leaderboards not have to worry as there will be no record of them participating.

And lastly, scoring has to be done on an average basis, by recording the score of each player within a clan who chose to compete, adding those scores together, then dividing that by the number of players within that clan that chose to compete to get the clan score.

This would mean that the clan score is an average score of those who chose to participate, and wouldn't be affected by any clan members who chose not to participate, or who were inactive or away for the event.etc

A 1000 member clan only has 5 members choose to compete, 4 of them score 100, and one scores 200. The total clan score is 120.

Another clan with all 1000 members choosing to compete, 900 members score 100, while the last 100 score 300 the total clan score 120. Despite all of them competing, collectively they done the same amount of work as the other clan.

This would mean that a clan isn't penalised if some of it's members dont want to compete, and so threats of being kicked from the clan for not competing, or any of that kind of toxic behaviour shouldn't happen, as the score is averaged, trying to force someone to compete won't work to improve the clan score.

It would also mean that all clans are competing on the same terms, regardless of size of the clan, because the clan score is the average of all within the clan who participate, it wouldn't make a difference if you are ghost or moon clan

12 hours ago, TheShadowQueen said:

Thats not what I meant. I'm saying that a lot of competitive players dont appreciate most of the things DE does. Tings like this. "This is the first non-leaderboard event in the whole of Warframe's existence." I put this in here for a reason. There is a point to competition and I agree, it can be fun. But a lot of people complain about ONE event not having a leaderboard. It's stupid.

Its not stupid. Well, maybe it is for you but most competitive clans are built specifically for events and leaderboards. Of course a lot of those clans are going to complain if they remove the only thing we fight for and for no apparent reason. Its not like we're getting 10 events per year or else it wouldn't be such a big deal. No, we're getting 2 or 3 at best... 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)dst123daniel:

OK, so first off, nothing should be gained as an additional award by competing for a place on the leader boards. That way none can complain that it's unfair they were not able to get the deluxe reward for whatever reason.

Secondly, each player should get an inbox message asking them if they would like to compete for a place on the leaderboard, so no one forcibly has their efforts recorded, this should help those that don't care about leaderboards not have to worry as there will be no record of them participating.

And lastly, scoring has to be done on an average basis, by recording the score of each player within a clan who chose to compete, adding those scores together, then dividing that by the number of players within that clan that chose to compete to get the clan score.

Let me quote that out of a long post, for an idea of upcoming Events. Sounds fair to me.

Edited by Sir_Bowen