Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

"The event thread has crashed down outside the forums. Konzu reports that it is indeed some sort of missing leaderboard. At the moment it poses no direct threat. Still, I need you to be ready to act on a moments notice." (5 mins later) 

"Tenno, stand... something is happening."

"These readings, this should not be possible. Tenno, my sensors are..."

"Get away now. You don't want..."

"Tenno, listen carefully you are being hunted by ... Abort the mission... Get to extraction..."

As a side note, I'm pretty keen for this event.

Edited by More-L

1 hour ago, kyori said:

No leaderboard   =   no chance to boast/brag   =   ego hurt   =   not happy

No leaderboard = Competitive clans having no way of pushing themselves. This isn't an ego thing, we do it to bring pride to our clan. Does an Olympian athlete participate in the Olympics for his own ego? No, It's to bring pride to his country. Same goes with competitive clans.

Edited by DARK_EXENON

4 hours ago, DARK_EXENON said:

No leaderboard = Competitive clans having no way of pushing themselves. This isn't an ego thing, we do it to bring pride to our clan. Does an Olympian athlete participate in the Olympics for his own ego? No, It's to bring pride to his country. Same goes with competitive clans.

Thing is, the leaderboards mean sh*t. Half the entries have been achieved via bug and glitch abuse, and clans with eg 100 active members have an innate advantage over those with eg. 90. Then there is how many of those members are children that can farm points for a lot longer, how many are working etc. There is no true "competition" for most of the leaderboard events, because not all  (if any) of those clans start on even ground. It is merely bragging rights for the clan with the highest amount of active members, and those that have the most time to farm points. If "competitive clans" count that as an actual competition, they can just look at statistics of time played and members active. 

Besides, the amount of whining for ONE SINGLE EVENT not having leaderboards is pretty telling just what type of people those "competetive clans" are.

Please keep having the leaderboards.

I'm someone who does not really enjoy pushing for highest score with the clan, not because I don't like playing hardcore but because I'm too sick to do it (playing games for long is really painful), but what I have always loved to look at after these operations/events were gone was the leaderboards. I enjoy seeing clans work together to get the spot they did, you all make me proud and hopefully I too can participate in something like this with my new clan some day.

This thread is getting out of hand. To the people out there who loved the Leaderboards because they gave you a sense of achievement or what not. Just try one Operation, JUST ONE, without the Leaderboards. Adding on to the fact that people are requesting DE to implement the LB for this event before the launch is pretty much expecting too much... everything is in place for you guys to do and its gonna be pretty damn hard to amend things at this point in time. Reb herself has already mentioned (directly or indirectly) that leaderboards result in toxic players in the community. So if we can all just stop crying over spilled milk, all things will be hunky dory. 

Now go back to whatever you were doing

2 hours ago, Nation_X said:

PohJfUk.jpg

At least if you're going to insult people, make sure you don't look like a fool doing it. "You're parents must be so proud", it's your not you're. Your welcome, next time check your grammar.

Edited by DARK_EXENON
  • Like 1

Just now, DARK_EXENON said:

At least if you're going to insult people, make sure you don't look like a fool doing it. "You're parents must be so proud", it's your not you're. Your welcome, next time check your grammar.

47 minutes ago, Nation_X said:

PohJfUk.jpg

OH LORD ALMIGHTY, this mans is on FIRE!!

40 minutes ago, DARK_EXENON said:

Mate...I just, I have to know...did you do that on purpose? 

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Actually, in a way there is a 'leader board' for the event, due to the way rewards for it.  Let me explain.

Each item has a standing price as the event works like a syndicate, meaning all the non mod set rewards have a 'value' in standing numbers.

Current Standing + spent standing = your score

You just have to track it yourself

3 minutes ago, -FrutyX- said:

This is so true,just look at the first few places in leaderboards .

tumblr_mjypwsd1yh1r9hvqeo1_500.png

Considering you joined us, then left for not ranking up quickly enough in the clan for the other competitive clan cmp and now went to a casual clan. I guess you wanted to be part of the "toxicity" too but are just buthurt about it. You even took -cm- tag, lol you even posted on this thread with it, supporting leaderboards.

11 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Considering you joined us, then left for not ranking up quickly enough in the clan for the other competitive clan cmp and now went to a casual clan. I guess you wanted to be part of the "toxicity" too but are just buthurt about it. You even took -cm- tag, lol you even posted on this thread with it, supporting leaderboards.

Well,this thread should be already locked,but shame,it is not.

I am glad i left RV,you know,but I didn't had only one reason to leave,I had multiple reasons,one of these were your egoism and I am not talking about few others there.

CMP were next,these guys didn't appreciated some effort,#*($%%@ me off so I have left..

So yeah,I am an competetive guy and I never said i dont want leaderboards,but these first places in leaderboards are making some clans or peoles heavily egoistic ,same with Quasars,the "pro's" . But I forgot,like PV recruiting message is saying " The succesfull Remnants of the Void" ,oh hell,place in leaderboards and you believe you are the gods of this game .I believe everyone is same,there is no difference between you and a newbie,you just have to show a newbie the right way.

But I got what i wanted,I wanted to trigger you,to respond,this is why I have been stinging the RV.

Well yeah,these "pro" clans are not for me it seems.

My opinion.

Edited by -FrutyX-

Just now, ---RV---Maniac said:

Just proves your salty towards us and every single competitive clan it seems, you should move on with your life. I will stop answering here too and move on with mine

Indeed,I have to agree,do not chat with me here,this is just an information thread :)

And yes,you dont need a proof,I can say right here I am very salty againts every ---RV--- I see anywhere.

Have a nice day anyway! :))