Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Would you please bring back the Grineer mask from Nakak's stall t the same time?

So we are not fighting the infested but grineer in this event... and the boss is an infested?

If we are indeed fighting the infested that over took the grineer outposts in the plains, will we be seeing new infested units?

1 hour ago, sh00chu said:

If DE said they would never include a leaderboard in an event ever again I would be ecstatic.Every time there has been an event with a leaderboard, it has ended up flooding the forums with accusations of cheating, exploiting, and toxic e-peenery.

Those are present whenever there is competition, deal with it. You want to strip THE thing competitive clans fight for just because you see some posts speaking of cheating on the forums... get out of here. 

When a person says that they are in a 'competitive clan' and then says that their clan is 'getting bored', my response is 'poor clan leadership'. If your people are so bored, maybe you should do something about it and make up a competition of your own. Get in touch with the leaders of other competitive clans. Make up wacky challenges for each other. If you can't sort out a proper way to keep yourself and your clan busy, the problem lies with you.

Leadership has really nothing to do with people getting bored. DE does not give clan leaders the necessary tools to create events on their own or "wacky challenges". Even if you try, it's more of the same things that people are bored off. Same missions, no new rewards, no official leaderboards... DE's clan event brings something new every time. New items, new trophies to put in your Dojo, an official leaderboard that will last even after the event is over, new missions and mechanics to play... the list goes on. It's nothing, we leaders can do and this is sad. Its a major problem and hopefully they'll give us more tools in the future. 

Edited by Stoner74
-

If DE said they would never include a leaderboard in an event ever again I would be ecstatic.Every time there has been an event with a leaderboard, it has ended up flooding the forums with accusations of cheating, exploiting, and toxic e-peenery. When a person says that they are in a 'competitive clan' and then says that their clan is 'getting bored', my response is 'poor clan leadership'. If your people are so bored, maybe you should do something about it and make up a competition of your own. Get in touch with the leaders of other competitive clans. Make up wacky challenges for each other. If you can't sort out a proper way to keep yourself and your clan busy, the problem lies with you. If you want leaderboards, fine, create your own, but mark my words, if you DO actually try to make your own, don't be surprised to see the inevitable toxicity such things bring. Then maybe you'll understand why people like me don't like them in what is almost entirely a PVE game, but I doubt it. 

I suppose it could be said that I'm a 'veteran' in this game, with over 4000 hours logged on steam. With that said, I would appreciate it if people would stop presuming to speak for me when they say 'we veterans' every time they want DE to hold their hand in finding something to keep them busy.

logged in just to +1 this.

I'm a veteran in this game (Apparently, saying that has to be a thing now.) and I'm fine with how the Operation is described. I see folks saying they don't understand how the operation was described and honestly, my advice to those folks, is to re-read the OP.

I like the decision making with the Token System it was great back then and I'm confidant it will again help to lessen the grind for a specific drop.

But I want to add, please make it, that Infested Zaw parts are infinitly craftable. While I'm not very close to my goal to build all Zaw combinations. it is a goal. gating some combinations would greatly lessen the fun to those people that are trying to do this, while it would not have any impact I could fathom onto people that don't.

Also I like that there is a new Set (while people seem disappointed in the sets) I want to test a lot with them. So far I only managed to get one Set full, which is the augur set and I tried for a week, every day for almost 6 hours or more till I managed to get it complete. So I hope it will not be to troublesome to get during the Event or that it will be after 3 months part of the bounty reward table (like you did with the syndicate Mods from ambulas Event (though I don't remember if it wasn't 6 months).

Anyways while I wanted to quit in the first week of PoE you guys constantly improving since launch made it playable and at the moment enjoyable. So I want to say Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Its a major problem and hopefully they'll give us more tools in the future. 

You know they plan on giving clans more things to do. They speak about the kingpin system and the custom built obstacle course every single time one of us naggingly asks them about it. and for the long term, Dark Sectors is carded to be reworked.

But as players we ask so much of the developers and we want so many things all at once. They're only human, and can only do as much as humanly possible in terms of content creation.

Plus they are the developers. What they decide to focus on, in terms of game development, is their decision. The game's has survived for 4 years now, I'd say the majority of their decision making has gone right.

As you said you are reading, 

1) Any plans on giving another chance or even an in game option for new (academy) clans to obtain researches like Ignis Wrath? 

2) Is it possible to bring back the years old events in shorter version using the current invasion system getting shuffled once the meter is full for a faction? People will be so interested in playing the invasions you know and in the process they will get the missing rewards (supra vandal)?

3) Regarding leaderboards; even most of the times despite offering in-clan participation incentives, in the long run competitive clans fighting for an honorable position suffer as people tend to complete first 3 easy objectives to get the personal rewards and get done with it. Is it possible to tie up the rewards with the leaderboards in such a balanced way which wont burn them out and at the same time will help the clan to keep up the pace with other on the leaderboards.

4) There should be a penalty system for exploiting glitches and bugs to score insanely high on the leaderboards (no points will be added for the exploited mission, repeating a set number of times based on the clan tier will kick them out of the leaderboards)

5) :D Teralyst Capture leaderboard? 1. Fastest Capture, 2. Most Captures In One Night Time ?

Well just like some other clans out there, I was dying to get a leaderboard for this P.S event for my CLANS but seems in this early morning it was decided for me to be disappointed.

4 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

I'm just curious about the reason behind removing them. I'm not sure it was a good decision... 

Most likely because every event/operation that has happened with leaderboards (and a few that havent) has been heavily exploited or hacked that the scores for the first few days of the event essentially needed to be wiped out and/or recalculated after the fact.

For a game that displays itself as a cooperative game rather than a competitive one.  It is a fairly good choice to avoid the issues of competitive exploits, hacks or non-cooperative behavior as a whole.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

There are no Leaderboards for this event, instead there are Terracotta, Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies to be built and earned as your Clan ascends through and builds new items! The 'Hemocyte Cystolith' is required for building. Slay the Hemocyte to gather these!

Why ruined my dreams :9

2 hours ago, sh00chu said:

If DE said they would never include a leaderboard in an event ever again I would be ecstatic.Every time there has been an event with a leaderboard, it has ended up flooding the forums with accusations of cheating, exploiting, and toxic e-peenery. When a person says that they are in a 'competitive clan' and then says that their clan is 'getting bored', my response is 'poor clan leadership'. If your people are so bored, maybe you should do something about it and make up a competition of your own. Get in touch with the leaders of other competitive clans. Make up wacky challenges for each other. If you can't sort out a proper way to keep yourself and your clan busy, the problem lies with you. If you want leaderboards, fine, create your own, but mark my words, if you DO actually try to make your own, don't be surprised to see the inevitable toxicity such things bring. Then maybe you'll understand why people like me don't like them in what is almost entirely a PVE game, but I doubt it. 

I suppose it could be said that I'm a 'veteran' in this game, with over 4000 hours logged on steam. With that said, I would appreciate it if people would stop presuming to speak for me when they say 'we veterans' every time they want DE to hold their hand in finding something to keep them busy.

Yes, let's remove the one game mode that promotes competition in the PvE part of this game because people cannot handle the internet and people with kneejerk reactions or jealousy because they want what you have. Leaderboards are healthy to keep veterans in this game, and I think that events without leaderboards will be the downfall of a large chunk of veteran players.

We already do this. Other clans have teamed up to do clan vs clan Hieracon runs or other such contests. The problem is the amount of engaging content that the Devs pump out. Events are a once-twice a year competition, but this one just hands you gold trophies for attempting anything.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

2 hours ago, sh00chu said:

The problem is not poor clan leadership, the problem is the lack of competitive content because DE put effort into cinematic quests and lore.

1 hour ago, Stoner74 said:

Those are present whenever there is competition, deal with it. You want to strip THE thing competitive clans fight for just because you see some posts speaking of cheating on the forums... get out of here. 

Leadership has really nothing to do with people getting bored. DE does not give clan leaders the necessary tools to create events on their own or "wacky challenges". Even if you try, it's more of the same things that people are bored off. Same missions, no new rewards, no official leaderboards... DE's clan event brings something new every time. New items, new trophies to put in your Dojo, an official leaderboard that will last even after the event is over, new missions and mechanics to play... the list goes on. It's nothing, we leaders can do and this is sad. Its a major problem and hopefully they'll give us more tools in the future. 

The silent majority doesn't care to have that kind of toxicity seeping in to every aspect of the game, be it chat, or forums. Or they don't care at all. How do I know this? The number of truly 'competitive clans' can pretty easily be measured just by looking at past leaderboards, and the membership of all those clans combined comes NOWHERE NEAR the rest of the player-base for this game. I would say that the overwhelming majority of players couldn't care less, making it seem as though the devs could better spend their time making solid PVE content instead of dealing with the toxic stress involved with every single one of your coveted leaderboard events. Maybe YOU should be the one to 'deal with it'.

And to say there are no tools available to set up competitions with rival clans is willfully ignorant at best. You have clan chat, region chat, dojo messages, and these very forums. Not to mention this great big thing called the internet, with useful third party tools like Discord, various web-hosts, Youtube and Twitch, and the list goes on. If you are too lazy or too unimaginative to come up with something to do, it's on you. To expect special content catering to such a relatively miniscule segment of the player base is the epitome of entitled arrogance. Put on your big boy pants and your imagination thinking cap, and come up with interesting challenges for your people and other clans. The tools are all there. Stop expecting DE to spoon feed you your own special brand of fun. And stop expecting the silent majority to put up with the toxicity of the vocal minority.

2 minutes ago, -dicht.Heartbreaker- said:

The problem is not poor clan leadership, the problem is the lack of competitive content because DE put effort into cinematic quests and lore.

I call B.S. There is no reason whatsoever that two or more clans couldn't get together and almost exactly replicate the conditions of past events. Maybe I'm just too old-school, but in plenty of other MMO games in the past, guilds or clans or whatever, have gotten together to create challenges for each other, were able to track leaders in real time, and were able to come up with suitable rewards for the victors, all without the developers doing anything at all. And I'm talking games a decade or more old, without a lot of the fancy technology and software available today. If it could be done in the relative stone age of those old games, it can be done in Warframe. The only excuse not to do it is pure laziness or lack of imagination, which as I've said, is NOT DE's fault.

2 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

The silent majority doesn't care to have that kind of toxicity seeping in to every aspect of the game, be it chat, or forums. Or they don't care at all. How do I know this? The number of truly 'competitive clans' can pretty easily be measured just by looking at past leaderboards, and the membership of all those clans combined comes NOWHERE NEAR the rest of the player-base for this game. I would say that the overwhelming majority of players couldn't care less, making it seem as though the devs could better spend their time making solid PVE content instead of dealing with the toxic stress involved with every single one of your coveted leaderboard events. Maybe YOU should be the one to 'deal with it'.

And to say there are no tools available to set up competitions with rival clans is willfully ignorant at best. You have clan chat, region chat, dojo messages, and these very forums. Not to mention this great big thing called the internet, with useful third party tools like Discord, various web-hosts, Youtube and Twitch, and the list goes on. If you are too lazy or too unimaginative to come up with something to do, it's on you. To expect special content catering to such a relatively miniscule segment of the player base is the epitome of entitled arrogance. Put on your big boy pants and your imagination thinking cap, and come up with interesting challenges for your people and other clans. The tools are all there. Stop expecting DE to spoon feed you your own special brand of fun. And stop expecting the silent majority to put up with the toxicity of the vocal minority.

The point is that this "operation" isn't an operation. If it was a simple tactical alert, I would be excited to no end. This is an event. Events are specifically made (in pretense of other events) to test new game modes, promote competition, and reward participants with unique rewards. If you call the people who are vocal about leaderboards toxic, that is very ironic considering you think that we are ignorant for not setting up our own competitions/contests.

You realize that lots of time, effort, and usually platinum goes into these self made events? It isn't impossible, but it definitely exhausts alot of resources from clan leaders as well as participants. "We" try our best to keep content engaging for competative purpose, but DE just baited us with the term "Operation". Of course we are annoyed, because the last event was last winter. I would love to see you setup a competitive clan event through region chat and dojo messages.

I am not here to tell you that you are wrong, because you are entitled to an opinion, but calling others ignorant for enjoying actual competition in PvE is quite blatant and annoying if anything.

I call B.S. There is no reason whatsoever that two or more clans couldn't get together and almost exactly replicate the conditions of past events. Maybe I'm just too old-school, but in plenty of other MMO games in the past, guilds or clans or whatever, have gotten together to create challenges for each other, were able to track leaders in real time, and were able to come up with suitable rewards for the victors, all without the developers doing anything at all. And I'm talking games a decade or more old, without a lot of the fancy technology and software available today. If it could be done in the relative stone age of those old games, it can be done in Warframe. The only excuse not to do it is pure laziness or lack of imagination, which as I've said, is NOT DE's fault.

100 Wave Belenus V Alliance speed-run

Endurance Hieracon Crescent Moon Prime vs Quasars

Most amount of headshots equal to 4 squadmates in Belenus Defense.

the list goes on....

You assume we just sit here on our thumbs until Operations arrive. Please ....

Edited by --Q--Voltage

4 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

Well, since leaderboards reset weekly here and only the first 20 people seeable, It kinda makes all kind of competitive stuff not doable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The point is that this "operation" isn't an operation. If it was a simple tactical alert, I would be excited to no end. This is an event. Events are specifically made (in pretense of other events) to test new game modes, promote competition, and reward participants with unique rewards. If you call the people who are vocal about leaderboards toxic, that is very ironic considering you think that we are ignorant for not setting up our own competitions/contests.

You realize that lots of time, effort, and usually platinum goes into these self made events? It isn't impossible, but it definitely exhausts alot of resources from clan leaders as well as participants. "We" try our best to keep content engaging for competative purpose, but DE just baited us with the term "Operation". Of course we are annoyed, because the last event was last winter. I would love to see you setup a competitive clan event through region chat and dojo messages.

I am not here to tell you that you are wrong, because you are entitled to an opinion, but calling others ignorant for enjoying actual competition in PvE is quite blatant and annoying if anything.

So you are disappointed because, in spite of the fact that DE has NEVER specifically stated that anything called an 'operation' would always have leaderboards, you have assumed that would always be the way it is. All of your disappointment is based on false assumption, and that is entirely on you. Also, you should work on your reading comprehension. I said that for you to say there are no tools available to set up events of your own is being willfully ignorant. Not 'you are vocal about the thing so, ignorant'. 

I DO realize that. One of the main reasons I won't have anything to do with it. Now, consider this. How do you think DE feels when they go to the trouble of creating one of these events that you make so many assumptions about, only to have 'competitive players' find some way to exploit it, or accuse others of cheating, or complain about how unfair some aspect of it is for...whoever? This group that radiates such negativity EVERY time is the only group of players that cares about the leaderboards, and is a very small, and very toxically vocal minority. The simple fact is that it is bad business to develop for this minority instead of the majority. 

And again, as I said before, I never said anyone was ignorant for enjoying competition. You are not wrong for enjoying competition. What I do think is wrong, is expecting development to revolve around the wishes and whims of the  vocal minority and expecting the silent majority to be okay with it.

6 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

100 Wave Belenus V Alliance speedrun

Endurance Hieracon Crescent Moon Prime vs Quasars

the list goes on....

You assume we just sit here on our thumbs until Operations arrive. Please ....

If that is indicative of your list, no wonder competitive clans are bored. That is some unimaginative hot garbage. To be fair though, when you really look closely at official 'events', they really don't offer much more than that. The only real difference I can think of is that official events add bits of lore to the game. If that's the only real difference, and please correct me if I'm wrong, why is it such a big deal? You can get lore without competition, and you can have competition without the lore. Which is it that is so important?

3 minutes ago, -dicht.Heartbreaker- said:

Well, since leaderboards reset weekly here and only the first 20 people seeable, It kinda makes all kind of competitive stuff not doable.

When the leaderboards reset, one of two things happen. 

1. The truly competitive people crash the boards and nothing essentially changes because there really aren't that many people who actually care. OR

2. New people appear on the list because the people that consistently end up in that top 20 stopped caring and moved on to something else.

Either way, even with the list changing weekly it is pretty easy to get an idea of how many people really have a vested interest, and  that number is extremely small compared to the general game population.

18 minutes ago, DARK_EXENON said:

This part " Stop expecting DE to spoon feed you your own special brand of fun " got me. You are the one being spoon fed by DE, they're catering to you, they are providing for your kind. They are making everything easy to gain, and everything else just how your "kind" asks it to be on the forums.

Wow. Your "kind?"

Way to prove his point about how this kind of thing just attracts toxic personalities. 

So there is no leaderboard for the event, and that means i shouldnt care how many of my clanmates participate in the event since the only thing we'll get is personal rewards? Or what are those trophies we need to build? I didnt understand how clan is involved in this operation. it just seems me doing my bounties... 

So much salt over the operation not having leaderboards to satisfy the need for 'competition', so they instead 'compete' in this thread.

Jokes aside, I do hope the infested zaw exodia & part blueprints will be reusable or obtainable in some way after the event is over, similar to how Rathuum mods are still obtainable from the arena missions on Sedna.  Nothing is more irritating than not being able to complete a set of items exclusive to a limited event before it ends.

2 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

So you are disappointed because, in spite of the fact that DE has NEVER specifically stated that anything called an 'operation' would always have leaderboards, you have assumed that would always be the way it is. All of your disappointment is based on false assumption, and that is entirely on you. Also, you should work on your reading comprehension. I said that for you to say there are no tools available to set up events of your own is being willfully ignorant. Not 'you are vocal about the thing so, ignorant'. 

I DO realize that. One of the main reasons I won't have anything to do with it. Now, consider this. How do you think DE feels when they go to the trouble of creating one of these events that you make so many assumptions about, only to have 'competitive players' find some way to exploit it, or accuse others of cheating, or complain about how unfair some aspect of it is for...whoever? This group that radiates such negativity EVERY time is the only group of players that cares about the leaderboards, and is a very small, and very toxically vocal minority. The simple fact is that it is bad business to develop for this minority instead of the majority. 

And again, as I said before, I never said anyone was ignorant for enjoying competition. You are not wrong for enjoying competition. What I do think is wrong, is expecting development to revolve around the wishes and whims of the  vocal minority and expecting the silent majority to be okay with it.

If that is indicative of your list, no wonder competitive clans are bored. That is some unimaginative hot garbage. To be fair though, when you really look closely at official 'events', they really don't offer much more than that. The only real difference I can think of is that official events add bits of lore to the game. If that's the only real difference, and please correct me if I'm wrong, why is it such a big deal? You can get lore without competition, and you can have competition without the lore. Which is it that is so important?

When the leaderboards reset, one of two things happen. 

1. The truly competitive people crash the boards and nothing essentially changes because there really aren't that many people who actually care. OR

2. New people appear on the list because the people that consistently end up in that top 20 stopped caring and moved on to something else.

Either way, even with the list changing weekly it is pretty easy to get an idea of how many people really have a vested interest, and  that number is extremely small compared to the general game population.

For your 2nd paragraph, this "That is some unimaginative hot garbage" is the maximum extent that clans can go to, to create events. Operations aren't good because they bring lore in, operations are great because they bring a aspect to the game that is not usually available, Clan Competition. Leaderboards make that possible. Having to craft a reward is a bad replacement for the challenge of getting on the leaderboards. The clan participation wont be there, running efficiently and as fast as you can won't be a thing because there is nothing to rush for. It's going to be like, "Oh a bounty, let me just run this a couple times and I'll be done". There will be nothing different from a normal bounty, just start bounty > do bounty > get reward. With leaderboards it's different, start bounty > do bounty efficiently with speed >  get reward & repeat x100 times.

11 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Wow. Your "kind?"

Way to prove his point about how this kind of thing just attracts toxic personalities. 

Everyone is a "kind", I'm a "kind" of player, everyone's a kind, this game is broken into "kinds". This game isn't 75% 1 type of person and 25% another type. It's much smaller percents of multiple "kinds" of people.