Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

28 minutes ago, DARK_EXENON said:

I wouldn't expect a guy from a clan named MooseKnuckleSandwich to know anything about the competitive aspect of the game & how ignored it is.

I am very aware of how ignored the competitive aspect of this game is. It's how I am able to enjoy it. 

16 minutes ago, DARK_EXENON said:

This part " Stop expecting DE to spoon feed you your own special brand of fun " got me. You are the one being spoon fed by DE, they're catering to you, they are providing for your kind. They are making everything easy to gain, and everything else just how your "kind" asks it to be on the forums.

I'm spoon fed. lol. After having played this game for over 4000 hours, I am only 2 Nami Skyla Prime blades away from having grinded my way to nearly every single item available in the game. I've bought maybe 5 or 6 prime parts, ever, and aside from buying a few hundred plat for cosmetics, nearly every cosmetic item I've ever gotten has been bought with plat earned by trading items that I did the grinding for. In fact, every single 'Deluxe' skin that has come out so far, at over 200p a pop, I have bought with plat obtained by grinding. Spoon fed. I've put both the money AND the time into this game. 

And the 'your kind' comments. Really? If anything, they most definitely are NOT catering to 'my kind'. 'My kind' thinks that pretty much everything in the game is too easy to obtain. 'My kind' thinks that there should be more restrictions on weapons and available missions based on mastery rank. 'My kind' thinks that things like universal vacuum are ultimately bad for the longevity of the entire game. And finally 'My kind' isn't fond of leaderboards that serve no purpose other than to imply some sort of alpha-dog mastery over other players, and do nothing but bring controversy instead of content.

6 hours ago, --RV--Karma said:

But my point still stands, you can still ONLY EQUIP ONE - So why have 20 odd arcane SETS if you can only use one at a time?

you can only use 1 warframe at a time, does that mean you have only ever built 1 warframe.

gotta have different tools for different jobs. at least 1 set to buff operator and 1 to buff warframe.

12 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

I am very aware of how ignored the competitive aspect of this game is. It's how I am able to enjoy it. 

I'm spoon fed. lol. After having played this game for over 4000 hours, I am only 2 Nami Skyla Prime blades away from having grinded my way to nearly every single item available in the game. I've bought maybe 5 or 6 prime parts, ever, and aside from buying a few hundred plat for cosmetics, nearly every cosmetic item I've ever gotten has been bought with plat earned by trading items that I did the grinding for. In fact, every single 'Deluxe' skin that has come out so far, at over 200p a pop, I have bought with plat obtained by grinding. Spoon fed. I've put both the money AND the time into this game. 

And the 'your kind' comments. Really? If anything, they most definitely are NOT catering to 'my kind'. 'My kind' thinks that pretty much everything in the game is too easy to obtain. 'My kind' thinks that there should be more restrictions on weapons and available missions based on mastery rank. 'My kind' thinks that things like universal vacuum are ultimately bad for the longevity of the entire game. And finally 'My kind' isn't fond of leaderboards that serve no purpose other than to imply some sort of alpha-dog mastery over other players, and do nothing but bring controversy instead of content.

No need to show off how you obtain items. I don't agree with the person you quoted, but it isn't necessary to try the "alpha-dog" as you call it (which you hate no? IRONIC).

Anyways, "Your kind" believes that something the majority wants is bad for longevity (which you said that DE should never cater to the vocal minority), and that "your kind" believes leaderboards start more controversy than content. The toxicity you describe from events is always aimed at the same people, and it is usually because the people they are complaining about get a better score than them so they pout.

None of your points line up, and you contradict yourself in many different comments to me and others. Don't be a hypocrite please.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

6 hours ago, Temragon said:

Well, my name doesn't start with "-", guess I'll just be looking forward to something new to do in the game instead of complaining about lack of epeen-waving.

Don't mind me.

Dashes , plenty of dashes,
I AM ZONDOR btw.

Edited by ----Zondor----

9 minutes ago, DrThunder said:

you can only use 1 warframe at a time, does that mean you have only ever built 1 warframe.

gotta have different tools for different jobs. at least 1 set to buff operator and 1 to buff warframe.

You get ONLY get 1 operator tho, so how is that a relevant comparison? 

I am very disappointed for find out there are no leaderboards for this event . Most of the top tier clans have been striving for competitive events and now that we find out this is just another tactical alert we feel let down. Not being able to provide 2 competitive event a year is pathetic . 

11 minutes ago, Josephdrake said:

Will this event shed more light on Helmith and the lore behind Nidus PLEASE! We need to know more about them. What is the infested room doing in the ship in the first place?

We do but sadly that might not be on DE priority . Then again it is an infested event so we might have some answers... (very doubtful:sadcry:)
The events used to have lore in them after all.

18 minutes ago, dima_kuleba12 said:

So much salt about leaderboards.....

13 minutes ago, AeroWar said:

People sure are competitive regarding a game centered on co-operative play and the community working together in different ways...

12 minutes ago, Monsterwithin said:

Agreed.

They just took away an aspect that some people enjoy about past operations. Taking away/not having leader-boards is similiar to DE stopping selling tennogen for ALL warframes. Not a huge impact cause it doesn't affect functionality but there would be a SUPER angry mob over that tho because ppl enjoy expressing themselves via fashion while some of us enjoy expressing ourselves via leader-board stats. TL:DR - Some enjoy expressing themselves with fashion/colors/looks WHHIILLEEE some others enjoy expressing themselves in a leader-board/numerical tracking way. - HintHint - one of these you can't do in this upcoming event. 

Edited by --RV--Karma

5 minutes ago, --RV--Karma said:

They just took away an aspect that some people enjoy about past operations. Taking away/not having leader-boards is similiar to DE stopping selling tennogen for ALL warframes. Not a huge impact cause it doesn't affect functionality but there would be a SUPER angry mob over that tho because ppl enjoy expressing themselves via fashion while some of us enjoy expressing ourselves via leader-board stats. TL:DR - Some enjoy expressing themselves with fashion/colors/looks WHHIILLEEE some others enjoy expressing themselves in a leader-board/numerical tracking way. - HintHint - one of these you can't do in this upcoming event. 

Or maybe DE just doesn't want to lose the players they gained through the recent Twitch promotion because of the 'competition' that comes with leaderboards and have negative articles written by pcgamer about the toxic side of the community, so they removed it for this upcoming operation which may be a smart move.

1 minute ago, Aeromancer said:

Or maybe DE just doesn't want to lose the players they gained through the recent Twitch promotion because of the 'competition' that comes with leaderboards and have negative articles written by pcgamer about the toxic side of the community, so they removed it for this upcoming operation which may be a smart move.

But warframe went from being in the top 5 while that was on to being not even in the top 40 games watch/streamed after they ended the rewards. I just think players who still played were a large portion of the "people" watching 

26 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

No need to show off how you obtain items. I don't agree with the person you quoted, but it isn't necessary to try the "alpha-dog" as you call it (which you hate no? IRONIC).

Anyways, "Your kind" believes that something the majority wants is bad for longevity (which you said that DE should never cater to the vocal minority), and that "your kind" believes leaderboards start more controversy than content. The toxicity you describe from events is always aimed at the same people, and it is usually because the people they are complaining about get a better score than them so they pout.

None of your points line up, and you contradict yourself in many different comments to me and others. Don't be a hypocrite please.

Actually I DID need to 'show off' as you put it, how I obtain items. It was implied that I was, or would like to be, spoon-fed content, my post illustrates that that is most certainly not the case. As for that second sentence... What are you even saying here? Read it to yourself out loud, and tell me it makes sense, and how.

There is no contradiction in believing that something bad for the longevity of the game, whether desired by the minority OR the majority, should not be implemented. There have been enough leaderboard events now that DE probably has some pretty solid numbers on participation. The fact that it isn't a priority speaks volumes about several aspects of this argument. If that many people wanted it, it would be in the game. It just isn't worth the headache. After every single competitive event, there has been some sort of lashing out, whether it be players lashing out at other players, or players lashing out at DE. Why would they add it for so few people, knowing that it was going to be that way? 

As for me contradicting myself. How? Unless you are manipulating things I have said in your own mind to fit your own narrative, I don't see how I could be any more clear. Leaderboards are bad for the overall health of the community in a PVE-centric game. If anything else I said contradicts that, please, I'm all ears, and I'm more than happy to admit I'm wrong, or explain my position better.

17 minutes ago, PepsiMan said:

@sh00chu so your argument is "Devs should not focus on this because I don't like it and I can't deal with mean comments on the internet."? Yeah? Yes! Cool.

Now grow up, learn to deal with the fact that people get annoyed and they don't like the same things that you do, and then maybe you'll go over this elementary-grade school show you're putting up to us. It's hilarious really! Thanks for making me laugh.

The arguments you see on the forums... A real testimony of the human likeness to treating something as their god and protecting his ideology like a bar of gold. Genius.

Also, git gud.

Peace.

I can't be any more clear about this. I DON'T CARE ABOUT  VIDEO GAME LEADERBOARDS! I don't want to be on it. I don't care either way about participation trophies. What I DO care about is DE spending time developing content for a vocally abusive minority that does nothing to enrich the experience for the vast majority. Like it or not, it's the majority that keeps this game in development, and not enough of them seem to care about competition in a PVE game for DE to feel it is worth adding it. 

When such a small number of people even care whether or not a thing should be in the game, and when it has been added in the past it has done nothing but cause problems, it makes no sense to continue having it in the game. That is my argument. And here's a git gud tip: when trying to argue FOR something that has been seen to be toxic in the past, it doesn't help your cause to be rude and insulting towards people who oppose it.

14 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

Actually I DID need to 'show off' as you put it, how I obtain items. It was implied that I was, or would like to be, spoon-fed content, my post illustrates that that is most certainly not the case. As for that second sentence... What are you even saying here? Read it to yourself out loud, and tell me it makes sense, and how.

There is no contradiction in believing that something bad for the longevity of the game, whether desired by the minority OR the majority, should not be implemented. There have been enough leaderboard events now that DE probably has some pretty solid numbers on participation. The fact that it isn't a priority speaks volumes about several aspects of this argument. If that many people wanted it, it would be in the game. It just isn't worth the headache. After every single competitive event, there has been some sort of lashing out, whether it be players lashing out at other players, or players lashing out at DE. Why would they add it for so few people, knowing that it was going to be that way? 

I've played about 1100 hours,MR24, raiding daily - blahblahblah - done probably almost if not maybe more then you in your 4k hours. Earned ALL of my plat via in-game trading, own every plat fashion frame item that can be bought AND have graced others with gifts too... So we have the SAME amount of work put in but, the difference is I enjoy leader-boards, you don't, so why is it valid for them to "not have them" other then for "toxicity" reasons. There is that everywhere in every type of competition, from soccer to american football to hockey, if we deal with the little bit there why is there being some here any different?

Edited by --RV--Karma

Thank you for no leaderboards. I do like some competition but i do not like affinity/mastery items locked behind a temporary clan event so if that is the reason there is no leaderboards now, i cheer. I do understand people want the leaderboards, to see how your clan is doing so solely for that reason id like them too... as long as there are no items attached that give affinity (i dont mind cosmetics).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, --RV--Karma said:

I've played about 1100 hours,MR24, raiding daily - blahblahblah - done probably almost if not maybe more then you in your 4k hours. Earned ALL of my plat via in-game trading, own every plat fashion frame item that can be boughtt AND have graced others with gift too... So we have the SAME about of work put in but the difference is I enjoy leaderboards, you don't, so why is it valid for them to "not have them" other then for "toxicity" reasons. There is that everywhere in every type of competition, from soccer to american football to hockey, if we deal with the little bit there why is there being some here any different?

To use your professional sports example; Let's say you have a hockey team (clan), and there are literally tens of thousands of other teams (clans). Now let's say that out of all of those tens of thousands of teams (clans) only about 100, or even 1000 are interested in competing for the Stanley Cup, while the rest of the teams (clans), again, numbering in the tens of thousands are indifferent to the competition, at best. Let's also say that a disproportionately large number of the competitive teams (clans) tend to get into arguments that invariably end in brawls with not only their fellow competitors (clans), but also the league organizers (DE), and teams (clans) that don't even care about competing for the Cup.

Now here's the important part. The league organizers (DE) are going to set up a new tournament. They have a choice between spending extra time and money creating a trophy only for the winner, which the past has demonstrated ends up causing brawls that have a negative impact on overall attendance to future tournaments, and that also holds no value to all but a relatively small number of players. OR they can spend that extra time and money making the tournament more fun or interesting for the other tens of thousands of teams, which encourages more overall growth in both the size of the league, and the amount of profit it brings in. From a purely business standpoint, even if it means losing that small number of competitive teams, it simply doesn't make sense to deal with the problems involved with having a trophy when the real money is coming from the casual teams that don't care about standings.

A final thought about the competitive aspect. This is primarily a PVE game. And to be perfectly frank, tacking PVP aspects on to PVE content, in the history of game development, has rarely seen any substantial success. Conclave exists for people that like to do PVP in the Warframe universe. Conclave is by no means perfect, and it definitely won't scratch that itch for whole competitive clans, but it's there. The sad truth (for the competitive clan) is that that kind of large-scale PVP isn't a priority for DE right now, and they have said as much several times in dev streams. I can't really fault people for dreaming of an entire game-sized piece of content that is large scale Warframe PVP, I think it would be pretty cool too. DE took a stab at it with the Solar Rails, but ultimately they just didn't work because of the way this game is built right now. To expect, or even hope for that kind of content happening any time soon, or even at all, in the Warframe that exists now, is setting yourself up for some huge disappointment. 

Thank you for not limiting rewards to leaderboards! As was done with Ignis Wraith.
Rewarding the clans that complete the requires objectives during the event time is much better than only rewarding elitist clans & glitch abusers.

Edited by Navarchus
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Aeromancer said:

That is exactly the opposite.

New player MUST feel the intense during the competitive clan event. Learning new stuff quickly, found out new builds(effective one), understanding that you dont need just 2-3 warframe and understanding the synergy of warframes (actually they will start using their brain). 
Smart move could be if DE introduce twtich drop during the EVENT, if the streamer successfully finish the Bounty or kill the Hemocyte will receive achievement a.k.a reward( achievement should be repeatable). 

Nowadays people love cosmpetics, why dont we have some exclusive fancy syandana/skin as a reward from the event( in near future people must ask each other, "damn bro, from where did you get this syandana/skin? look awesome) . opss i mean Tactical Alert.....

Competitive players/clans and especially competitive veterans deserve love a.k.a clan event, its  a MUST HAVE and as i always said: "events are one of the main engine of warframe" 

Event is like warframe's eSport !

Peace :highfive::satisfied: