Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Best way to level amps?

JMP3

Question

So, when I first got the Mote Amp (the starting one), it leveled up rather quickly as  I went though my normal gameplay. Though now that I've guilded it, it's hardly gaining affinity, even when  I do high level missions like sorties. Suggestions? 

15 answers to this question

I have leveled up a few rather quickly from doing Kuva Spy missions. What my team normally does is everyone stands next to their computer until all three of us are ready (usually we are waiting on the guy that goes to C as he has the longest run to get to his vault) we then call out "hack" and everyone goes operator mode and hacks their computer. 

With this method and an affinity booster I can max out an amp in about 5 runs, each run taking about 5 minutes. 

Full Hydron squad - 15 waves and just kill with amp usually 1-2 runs .. or just do Teralysts caps as you get XP from them now.. I took a couple of friends into 1 night cycle on the plains and just did a couple of Terrys and they ran around killing voms with their amps.. worked ok to level up.  and it was more fun to actual level while playing

Mobile defense in sorties are the best if you have a limbo.
As with most warframe abilities, cataclysm has no impact on the operator (so you can still use your amp from inside) but will affect enemies (so you're still safe). It could take less that one mission to get your amp from 0 to 30 if your squadmates want to keep themselves busy by killing enemies.

Edited by Huillam
Grammar

Public > Hydron > Press 5 > run around as operator. ez

On 11/11/2017 at 9:45 PM, Klavinmour said:

For some reason they stopped getting passive affinity.

Go to Akkad and soak up affinity with your Tenno not your Warframe.

akkad is infested, infested give less XP than grineer. Hydron is where you wanna go for XP (plus other people frequent it too)

I go to Hydron, switch to operator mode and then run around killing things, it is not so much what you kill is what your teammates kill, they will give you the xp, the longer you stay in your operator form the more XP you will get.

Normally I level up an amp in 10-12 waves tops depending on how long you stay as operator (with a booster).

On 11/11/2017 at 1:45 PM, Klavinmour said:

For some reason they stopped getting passive affinity.

Go to Akkad and soak up affinity with your Tenno not your Warframe.

Hydron gives you almost double the XP than akkad, not sure why people go to Akkad for XP, must have been a better spot in the past. I can level up a weapon from 0 to 30 in 7-8 round in Hydron (with a booster) whilte it takes me almost double in Akkad

akkad was mostly used for the exp bonus's it gave because being a dark sector mixed with the added xp from melee , so people would use the zenistar to cover the whole room and almost afk for xp