Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to gift tennogen items via steam?

TRRAMSEY

I looked it up a few times but didn’t really get a straight answer, I found some people saying there was a way to send a tennogen item through steam to a friend and others who said you couldn’t gift them at all, anyone know which one is true?

In a way you can, steam now has a digital gift card system, which allows you to send anyone a 5 bucks gift card, which is the price of most tennogen items.

So if you want to gift someone an item like that, just send them the money through the steam gift card system and have them buy it.

Hope it helps, have a good day Tenno!

Sadly no, not directly.

7 minutes ago, KarkatPrimeAngel said:

In a way you can, steam now has a digital gift card system, which allows you to send anyone a 5 bucks gift card, which is the price of most tennogen items.

So if you want to gift someone an item like that, just send them the money through the steam gift card system and have them buy it.

Hope it helps, have a good day Tenno!

Yea this would work but it assumes that the other player uses Steam too.

I can somewhat understand that DE doesn't want to open the can of worms that comes with being able to gift Tennogen items in-game. But I wonder, with 2FA shouldn't it be possible that you can temporarily (e.g. for an hour) unlock that option and they send you a could you have to put in before being able to make a purchase? This would mean you'd have THREE different accounts (mail, Steam, Warframe) compromised for a malicious transaction - which pretty much amounts to "whoever did it was sitting at your computer".

• 3 years later...