Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion) New Frame (PART 2)

Stealth_Meister

So I did some revising. Here is a new list of abilities and weapons that would go for the new frame I am thinking of.

For the original idea by myself, go here: 

Name: Wraith

Theme: Spirit

POWERS

OTHERWORLDLY PROTECTION: Cast a spectral shield around nearby Tenno, nullifying 25% physical damage and redirecting 200% to all nearby enemies. ("nearby" would mean about 4-10m radius around the casting player. Level would determine longevity of effect)
SPECTRAL FIELD: Inscribe a symbol on the ground, causing a spectral fence to rise up, causing enemies to take radiation damage while in the area(the area would be a 3-5m radius, level determines longevity of existence and dps)
CHILL: Dash through a single enemy, freezing them in place (this can work on powerful enemies as well, but not bosses. Level would determine longevity of effect)
WRAITH'S GAME: Overwhelm immediate enemies with the stress of combat, causing them to damage themselves. (This will not effect powerful enemies such as bursas. Immediate enemies would be in a 2-4m radius. Level would determine amount of dps and longevity of ability)

NOTE: I COULDN'T COME UP WITH A GOOD NAME FOR THE FOURTH ABILITY SO I STUCK WITH "WRAITH'S GAME"

WEAPONS

PRIMARY
GHOSTER: Shoots condensed spirit energy at enemies. (Damage type: Radiation)
MELEE
GRAVEKEEPER: Styled as a traditional scythe, it is the perfect weapon for reaping the souls of your enemies. (Damage Type: Physical and Radiation)

NOTE 2: I COULD NOT THINK OF A SECONDARY, IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION, PLEASE MAKE IT KNOWN
Edited by Stealth_Meister

Ok, here's my feedback. :)

For the concept... I like the Spirit idea. Nekros might be the ruler of the death-warframe but there is still this niché available in my eyes. Also the skills go into a different direction than nekros.

OTHERWORLDLY PROTECTION:
A very interesting ability. There is a ton of damage evasion skills already out there but this skill is actually a good offensive protection with attack potential. Can it be cast on the Wraith itself too? If yes, this skill would be a nice gameplay function.
SPECTRAL FIELD:
Just an area-denial sadly... there are already alot of such skills ingame so this skill could use some rework. Perhaps you could try to synergize this skill as a buffing skill that improves the other 3 skills. It might increase the protection of OTHERWORLDLY PROTECTION or replace CHILLs chilling effect with a actual freeze in a whole area.
CHILL:
To be honest this theme does not fit really well. If i want iced enemies I'd play frost. You could try to add a unique status effect that identifies with Wraiths Theme.
WRAITH'S GAME:
How is this supposed to work? Do the enemies attack regularly and a % value of the attack is dealt to themselves? Or a chaos like-skill? Or will the point their very own weapons against theirow n throats and fire? Make it clear please.

7 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Ok, here's my feedback. :)

For the concept... I like the Spirit idea. Nekros might be the ruler of the death-warframe but there is still this niché available in my eyes. Also the skills go into a different direction than nekros.

OTHERWORLDLY PROTECTION:
A very interesting ability. There is a ton of damage evasion skills already out there but this skill is actually a good offensive protection with attack potential. Can it be cast on the Wraith itself too? If yes, this skill would be a nice gameplay function.
SPECTRAL FIELD:
Just an area-denial sadly... there are already alot of such skills ingame so this skill could use some rework. Perhaps you could try to synergize this skill as a buffing skill that improves the other 3 skills. It might increase the protection of OTHERWORLDLY PROTECTION or replace CHILLs chilling effect with a actual freeze in a whole area.
CHILL:
To be honest this theme does not fit really well. If i want iced enemies I'd play frost. You could try to add a unique status effect that identifies with Wraiths Theme.
WRAITH'S GAME:
How is this supposed to work? Do the enemies attack regularly and a % value of the attack is dealt to themselves? Or a chaos like-skill? Or will the point their very own weapons against theirow n throats and fire? Make it clear please.

I could redo spectral field to make it so instead of denying them, they take radiation damage while in the area.

And chill does fit the theme. Isn't the stereotype for spirits and ghosts that it gets cold around them? I figured having at least one cold power would fit.

For "Wraith's Game", they would claw at themselves for a specified amount of time doing x amount of dps. I'm not great at all the calculations and stuff. I'm more of an idea kind of guy.

Edited by Stealth_Meister

On 11/11/2017 at 5:10 PM, Stealth_Meister said:

As said above this belongs in the concept forum but I'll leave my thoughts nonetheless. It'll be harsh but don't take it personally

On 11/11/2017 at 5:10 PM, Stealth_Meister said:

OTHERWORLDLY PROTECTION: Cast a spectral shield around nearby Tenno, nullifying 25% physical damage and redirecting 50% to all nearby enemies. ("nearby" would mean about 4-10m radius around the casting player. Level would determine longevity of effect)

This is a lesser form of splinterstorm that doesn't do enough to protect allies. And if it's supposed to hurt enemies it's damage is laughable. 50% is nothing with how little enemies do compared to us. Try to be more creative and use an idea no one has thought of and not just rehash an ability.

SPECTRAL FIELD: Inscribe a symbol on the ground, causing a spectral fence to rise up, causing enemies to take radiation damage while in the area(the area would be a 3-5m radius, level determines longevity of existence and dps)

Again this is just a lesser form of hallowed ground, mixed with Volt's shield if it's meant to block shots (if that's what you meant). Nothing original.

CHILL: Dash through a single enemy, freezing them in place (this can work on powerful enemies as well, but not bosses. Level would determine longevity of effect)

Rhino's dash but it freezes instead of knocking away and it costs three times as much energy. Not worth it at all.

WRAITH'S GAME: Overwhelm immediate enemies with the stress of combat, causing them to damage themselves. (This will not effect powerful enemies such as bursas. Immediate enemies would be in a 2-4m radius. Level would determine amount of dps and longevity of ability)

Only original thing in the kit... and it's underwhelming. Not enough range to be useful and if it did have enough range then it would either be press 4 to win or not scale well and be useless.

WEAPONS

PRIMARY
GHOSTER: Shoots condensed spirit energy at enemies. (Damage type: Radiation)

Sounds exactly like the arca plasmor.

MELEE
GRAVEKEEPER: Styled as a traditional scythe, it is the perfect weapon for reaping the souls of your enemies. (Damage Type: Physical and Radiation)

Just a scythe? No special effects? Underwhelming again.

NOTE 2: I COULD NOT THINK OF A SECONDARY, IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION, PLEASE MAKE IT KNOWN

A buckshot pistol that sends the spirits of defeated enemies to nearby allies buffing their power strength by 2% per enemy killed within 10 meters for 5 seconds. The buff stacks.

To summarise: Your ideas lack originality but I like the concept. Try to not think about what we have already, but what would be cool if we have it, like the pistol I suggested above. Also he needs a passive.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

As said above this belongs in the concept forum but I'll leave my thoughts nonetheless. It'll be harsh but don't take it personally

To summarise: Your ideas lack originality but I like the concept. Try to not think about what we have already, but what would be cool if we have it, like the pistol I suggested above. Also he needs a passive.

I didn't actually hash any abilities together... These all came from my mind. I haven't played a lot of the frames so I wouldn't know.

8 minutes ago, Stealth_Meister said:

I didn't actually hash any abilities together... These all came from my mind. I haven't played a lot of the frames so I wouldn't know.

Then I suggest getting all the frames to rank 30 and trying out another concept. Also one thing I didn't mention was synergies, why would you have a self protection buff like the first ability (especially if it's timed) and then have your second ability place a wall to stop damage?

10 minutes ago, Stealth_Meister said:

And I've already looked and there is no concept forum that I can see.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/89-fan-concepts/

There you go.

8 minutes ago, Stealth_Meister said:

It's not to stop damage. It's to deal damage.

Then 50% isn't enough. To even put a dent in an enemy it would need to be around 500% or so. And above level 100 when armor starts mitigating more damage then this becomes far less useful. But content over level 100 is rare to encounter I suppose. In any case it needs to deal far more if it's going to reflect any meaningful amount of damage.