Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exodia Force for Zaws: Horrible Damage

Zenje

On this thread, I will be bringing to light all the details I have found when testing the Exodia Force Arcane that you can attach to Zaw weapons. 

For those who do not know the stats of the Exodia Force Arcane 

wJdnwhQ.jpg

For some, this arcane enhancement might sound good enough to spend the time grinding out Breaths of Eidolon, Cetus Wisps, and Heart Nyths in order to give some much needed help to their new Zaw weapon they have just created.  However, as we all know, not everything listed within the Warframe universe can be taken at face value.  I was very intrigued to build this new arcane and attach it to my Cyath machete Zaw I had just created in hopes of creating a very powerful weapon with a unique feature.  I created 3 Exodia Force arcanes and was eager to test it out at the Simulacrum.

Here are some of the things I learned when testing out Exodia Force.

The CHANCE TO ACTIVATE the arcane onto enemies is not affected by the effects of status procs. 

• A melee strike that causes a 18?cb=20150811174234SLASH PROC will have the chance to activate Exodia Force, but the SLASH PROC'S EFFECTS (DoT that inflicts 35% of weapon's base damage per tick 7 times over 6 seconds as finisher damage) will not have the chance.

The 80/100/120/150% WEAPON DAMAGE dealt to enemies upon activating Exodia Force IS NOT AFFECTED by the equipped mods on the melee weapon or the stats of the weapon.

Such as: 

• Base damage, elemental damage, and physical damage mods. 

• Landing a critical hit when activating Exodia Force.

• Stealth damage multipliers.

Note: Increased damage from Warfame abilities (e.g. Rhino's Roar) does increase damage. 

The weapon damage enemies WITHIN 5/6/7/8 METERS diminishes with distance and is affected by armor.

IXjL3tM.jpg

Note: The results from the test in the image are from a RANK 2 Exodia Force ( ON STATUS EFFECT: 10% chance to deal 100% Weapon Damage to enemies within 6m.)

With a weapon that deals 60 base damage.

Zaw Components used:

• Cyath Strike
  • Peye Grip
  • Ekwana + Jai II Counterweight 

EDhIt9H.jpg

Although now, I wish I had not spent the countless hours over several days grinding for this, as the Exodia Force arcane enhancement is very poor when it comes to damage output. To me, this seems like an overlooked bug, and is not working as intended.  The amount of grinding, effort, and time in high level areas of the game only reward the player with an enhancement that would even do poorly even at the lowest levels of the game is just seems like a bad joke.

If there is anything else that someone wants tested, or needs to know something that I have not covered, please tell me and I will head back to Simaris' Simulacrum. :thumbup:

Edited by Zenje

I also tried it in Simulacrum, saw the proc happening but could have sworn I never saw any damage numbers for it. However I expected them to be larger in font size so quite possible that I simply missed them.

The damage is really pathetic since it is essentially just a warm fart compared to the thousands of damage you do per strike once the combo counter gets going and also the health pool of high lvl enemies. Considering the grind for ranking up Ostron rep and additional 125k rep for the BPs, 100 Breath of Eidolon, 50 crab antenna and 30 Nith I can only laugh and cry at the same time. Sincerely hope this is a bug.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:35 AM, Ezekeel666 said:

Considering the grind for ranking up Ostron rep and additional 125k rep for the BPs, 100 Breath of Eidolon, 50 crab antenna and 30 Nith I can only laugh and cry at the same time.

I forgot the 100 Eidolon Wisps.

So how does it work around here? Does someone from DE actually occasionally read this and comment on it? Or are players just left in the dark and guessing if/when certain issues are addressed?

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that. When I hit an enemy in the simulacrum with an exodia-prog, the damage is like 1/100 of the original hit-damage. The explosion prog works, but the damage is not even nearly the 150%. Or what are the 150% based on - the modded oder unmodded damage?

For me, it seems like a bug, compared to the effects of other exodias.

edit: Tested with Plague Keewar, Plague Bokwin, Ekwana II Jai

Edited by D00mina

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

have tested it yesterday, the damage is still unusable, its like 50-200 on unarmored targets with a fully modded Zaw which is otherwise doing up to 33k/Hit against lv 130 Bombard Eximus enemies.

As it could be a really Fun Arcana to use I hope it gets fixed. Or at least we get to know it is working as intended...

• 4 weeks later...

And yet another month has passed without a fix or even just someone at DE acknowledging this bug. Kinda makes you wonder why even bother reporting bugs here when they apparently just get forwarded to quality assurance /dev/null.

Edited by Ezekeel666

• 1 month later...

Nope. I was lured in by the false promises of the description, built some and am now seeing a whopping THREE WHOLE DAMAGE (damage mods make no difference) from the explosion when I do ~300 damage to the enemy which the blade's hitting (both are L50 corrupted heavy gunners).

Exodia force is still defective, it seems.

Edited by DoomFruit