The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old vs New: Warframes

(XBOX)Avant Solace

Overall DPS: Octavia - I find her personally one of more (if not most) well-rounded support Warframes there are. Very flexible when it comes to mission type and difficulty. Oh and once in a while, its kind of nice to get the highest DPS% in like a Sortie 3 or something.

Overall Survivability: Limbo - Regarding his Rift mechanics,

1. if you bring a [weaker] melee with Life Strike that can guarantee a Slash proc, hit an enemy with Slash + Channeling in the Rift and leave him in Stasis (also Rift Surge 'em too).
  2. you will constantly heal. It's basically Nidus' Parasitic Link.
    1. This is because any Proc on an enemy in Stasis will freeze its "proc"-timer, but it will always stay in effect.
  3. throw in Rage and Quick Thinking, and you become a pseudo-Wukong with Defy.
    1. It's pretty damn amazing.

Stealth Capability: Octavia - If its out of pure preference. Otherwise, I would say Ivara does the best of the choices. She was designed specifically for pure stealth, where as the other choices have a blend of other design philosophies.

Defense Capability: Zephyr - She's my most used Warframe so I find her the most useful, though mostly outside of "defense" related roles. But in regarding defensive stuff, she's great.

Single Target DPS: Equinox - Again, out of pure preference. Outside of that, I'd go Mesa since her 1 alone is a great ability. I always have it active on standby when I need to get rid of a really bulky enemy or so.

Crowd Control Capability: [Equinox] Limbo - You should really add Equinox to this catagory @(Xbox One)alchemPyro, as her Sleep AOE ability can literally lock entire rooms down. If we're taking Augment mods into account, she becomes even more potent since her Sleep Augment will continue to spread out with each slept-enemy killed (think Sayrn's Spores).
If not, my choice then would be Limbo.

Versatility: Octavia - It was kind of a tossup between her and Equinox, but the thing with Equinox is that though she's extremely flexible when it comes to modding/builds, her abilities don't exactly work off each other (i.e. synergy), so you kind of have to commit to focusing either on one form or 2 to 3 abilities from either form.
But yeah, Octavia's buffs and abilities generally can work in just about any given situation, even in places where you least expect it to help.

One (somewhat obvious once you think about it) example is during those Sortie 3 Rescue missions, set her abilities up in the middle of the room so it keeps aggro off your teammates while they go save the Rescue target.

So yeah, those are my votes. I'll tally them here as well to make it easier for you to add:

• DPS: Octavia
  • Survivalbility: Limbo
  • Stealth: Octavia
    • [Ivara? - see explanation above]
  • Defense: Zephyr
  • Single Target: Equinox
  • Crowd Control: [Equinox - see explanation above]
    • If she doesn't get added - Limbo
  • Versatility: Octavia

I'm noticing a distinct lack of tentacles,  so let's chime in on his behalf.

Overall DPS: Nidus - Obviously there are more specialized frames, but for multi-target DPS nothing really beats pulling everything in a large radius to a single point and then damaging/deleting all enemies simultaneously with Virulence or any weapon you want; it really opens up the possibilities for most high damage weapons that would normally be more limited, anything reliant on gas clouds just becomes stupid good in this situation.

Overall Suvivability: Nidus - Not even Chroma's vex armor can really match an outright 90% damage mitigation, especially when Nidus' kit also allows him to greatly boost his passive health regeneration and hit more targets with Virulence when he's tethered. His kit thrives on growing out of control when the odds are stacked against him, which is great for extended missions where enemies increase in difficulty. And of course I think only Wukong can match his potential for extra lives as long as he keeps his stacks up.

Stealth Capability: Loki - Tentacles aren't very stealthy and I have yet to outmatch my time spent on Loki doing spy missions over the years. If I want to be invisible I go for Loki.

Defense Capability: Frost - No real argument here, he was the first frame I ever bought with plat (it was 2013, the game was new, and I wanted to support it) and he's always good at what he does.

Single Target DPS: Chroma - If I really really really really want to kill something so hard it dies to death, I think of Chroma.

Crowd Control Capability: Nidus - I probably shouldn't try to compete with Vauban/Nova here, but in addition to pulling enemies to a central point for easy killing I think his maggots are underestimated. They do offer more damage and stacks for Nidus, but the enemy AI tends to treat the maggots as equals when it comes to addressing threats. Maggots can prove useful for distracting power alone, I'm pretty sure they still cause Vay Hek's flying form to get stuck in a circle trying to attack them as one example, which I've aptly named Drunk Driver Vay Hek.

Versatility: Nidus -Surely you've noticed a theme here. I can get great general DPS out of Nidus (or at least ammo efficiency); I can be one of the hardest frames to kill between tether and mutation lives; I only get stronger as the strength and quantity of enemies increases during endless missions, and nothing really beats watching the ragdolls of a previously threatening garrision of enemies get pulled into a tentacle singularity for easy management.

Edited by Beartornado