Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia abilities causing FPS Drop

LeakingAmps

Today (13th of November 2017), I was playing a mission with an octavia, and as soon as she turned on her abilities, I lost about 15-25 FPS (from 60 to 35-45). Some time later, I asked her to turn them off, and my framerate recovered fairly quickly, back to 60. And as soon as her abilities came back on, my FPS dropped again. I went on to test (and confirm) this in multiple maps (Grineer ship, Plains, Corpus ship), and had multiple of my friends report feeling a heavy FPS drop when Octavia turned on her abilities.

In addition, I noticed only a minor (~5 fps) drop until I looked at Octavia, where the full FPS drop hit me. I only noticed this while playing on the plains. However, I did did not specifically test it in the other two tilesets.

I am currently optimizing my game cache to see if this corrects the issue, and will test it tomorrow, should time allow (I.E. if the event doesn't drop :P)

I am experiencing similar issues intermittently when playing with octavia, It seemed to me that it would happen when other frames appear on my screen, but not all of them.  fps drop from 120-144 to 20-33. I'm not sure if this is due to the game or the last nvidia drivers (388.31). it's definitively a bug

Edit: Not sure if i should create a new post for this, but i have the same issue with limbo if using the rift

Edited by Revrak