Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can we please get an option not to bring syndicate operatives

BaIthazar

whenever I do an exterminate, spy, capture, or sabotage mission the first thing I do is order the syndicate operatives to hold position at the spawn location.

sometimes you spawn in a tile that gives the operatives a direct line of sight of enemies, and they go crazy with whatever weapon they have alerting everything nearby and already ruining my fun.

people will no doubt ask why this is important.
but I like to search for medallions at my own pace, while stealthed and not having to worry about operatives alerting everything.
and I have multiple clanmates and friends that feel the same way.

if people order operatives to sit in a corner and think about what they've done at the start of a mission there might as well be an option to not bring them in the first place

it would simply be a nice QoL addition but I would very much appreciate this

Edited by BaIthazar

1 minute ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I actually would prefer if they have pet ai, don't attack unless enemies are alerted or you attack first

if nothing else I could settle for just this.
Operative AI is too trigger happy

Edited by BaIthazar

3 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

at this point, it seems so minor, DE probably won't do anything about it

DE gave us a way to quickly swap fishing spears.
DE has added miniscule QoL features like this in the past

Edited by BaIthazar

1 minute ago, BaIthazar said:

DE gave us a way to quickly swap fishing spears
by your logic that was useless and something DE should not have bothered with

because that was relevant and recent. I'm sure over the years with syndicates people have already mentioned about the operatives and to allow a way to turn off, and DE didn't see a reason to. You're not the first to want this over the years you know. I'm pretty positive about that.

Edited by FashionFrame

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

because that was relevant and recent. I'm sure over the years with syndicates people have already mentioned about the operatives and to allow a way to turn off, and DE didn't see a reason to. You're not the first to want this over the years you know. I'm pretty positive about that.

so just because it hasn't happened it never will?

if it hasn't happened yet since the start of the syndicates, I don't see it happening now. That's what I'm saying.

O ye, of little faith

who is to say the suggestion has simply never reached DE?
until I hear them say the words "this ain't happening yo" in a devstream I'm going to keep my hopes up

Just now, BaIthazar said:

O ye, of little faith

who is to say the suggestion has simply never reached DE?
until I hear them say the words "this ain't happening yo" in a devstream I'm going to keep my hopes up

The years that this has been a thing, I'm sure it has already been looked at by DE. This is at the lowest form of minor problems on DE's list. Just see it as I do: If you can't take 2 seconds to tell them to hold their position, yet handle warframes that take 3 days to build, this game isn't for you.

2 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

The years that this has been a thing, I'm sure it has already been looked at by DE. This is at the lowest form of minor problems on DE's list. Just see it as I do: If you can't take 2 seconds to tell them to hold their position, yet handle warframes that take 3 days to build, this game isn't for you.

you are telling a Gold Hunter that warframe might not be the game for him.

it is a Quality of life change

a minor inconvenience that you just compaired to a 3 day time-gate

people aren't allowed to ask for QoL changes just because you don't think it will happen?

If it would happen it would be awesome. I am not sure why we even have them in the first place. On the other hand, the game could use so much other more important QoL improvements... IDK.

Waiting for an operative to stop running in circles so I can order him to hold position (2 times, mind you) at the start of every syndicate mission is somewhat annoying. And I do like stealth runs. And having one of the bots running after me in PUG, blocking line of sigth and having no way to tell it to go away certanly do not make me more attached to them.

Anyone else had a "pleasure" of the bot spawning in the textures with no way to order it to hold position and getting unstuck just then you have a focus orb, 500% stealth combo counter going and sneaking up on the couple of Eximus?

Just now, BaIthazar said:

you are telling a Gold Hunter that warframe might not be the game for him.

it is a Quality of life change

a minor inconvenience that you just compaired to a 3 day time-gate

people aren't allowed to ask for QoL changes just because you don't think it will happen?

"people aren't allowed to ask for QoL changes just because you don't think it will happen?" Stop trying to put words into my mouth.

All I've been stating is it's possible this was already looked into since its been YEARS since the syndicates release, and thus lost its relevancy to DE. How many times do I have to type this? 

And yes, it is a minor inconvenience, you finally see what I'm getting at. It's minor, minuscule, small, and not problematic.

And the quality of life thing seems a little overboard, don't you think? Is it actually that much of a problem to take that mere 2 seconds to do something? Is life really felt like it was wasted away because of it? I think you should select a different form of words for that one.

If you can't grasp the idea that DE could have already looked into this and put it aside, I'm sorry. End of discussion.

"people aren't allowed to ask for QoL changes just because you don't think it will happen?" Stop trying to put words into my mouth.

All I've been stating is it's possible this was already looked into since its been YEARS since the syndicates release, and thus lost its relevancy to DE. How many times do I have to type this? 

And yes, it is a minor inconvenience, you finally see what I'm getting at. It's minor, minuscule, small, and not problematic.

And the quality of life thing seems a little overboard, don't you think? Is it actually that much of a problem to take that mere 2 seconds to do something? Is life really felt like it was wasted away because of it? I think you should select a different form of words for that one.

If you can't grasp the idea that DE could have already looked into this and put it aside, I'm sorry. End of discussion.

yes, it's possible this was already looked into, but the point I am trying to make is that it's also possible this has not been looked into yet. "how many times do I have to type this?"

it's minor, minuscule, small, and not problematic... and yet in the past DE has introduced QoL changes for just such issues.

QoL is exactly what this is.
a change that does not positively or negatively affects the balance of the game but simply improves the players Quality of Life.
there are already buttons and features that save players 2 seconds and a couple button presses.

1 minute ago, BaIthazar said:

yes, it's possible this was already looked into, but the point I am trying to make is that it's also possible this has not been looked into yet. "how many times do I have to type this?"

it's minor, minuscule, small, and not problematic... and yet in the past DE has introduced QoL changes for just such issues.

QoL is exactly what this is.
a change that does not positively or negatively affects the balance of the game but simply improves the players Quality of Life.
there are already buttons and features that save players 2 seconds and a couple button presses.

I decided to take the time to look further into these operatives, and yes, DE did basically "Look into it." Originally, the operatives didn't even have a "Hold position" button. They would always follow you and screw you over in stealth missions. Reddit post as an example of back then:

Case in point, that was DE's "QoL" update, and seem to be just fine with what they have today.

54 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

whenever I do an exterminate, spy, capture, or sabotage mission the first thing I do is order the syndicate operatives to hold position at the spawn location.

Yeah, I do this. I park them out of the way so they don't cause (too much) trouble and drive on.

However, the operatives aren't really there for more veteran players. New folks can find them a big help in getting through these missions, so they do have utility. I just don't like them getting underfoot and they can't be trusted on spy missions, so you give them a cookie and tell them to park it. Over there. Behind the crate. Stay.

The op is right with this because the companion AI is terrible and often they are just hurt than make any good. Same with sentinels and kubrow-kavats because if they see an enemy they go mad and shot everything what they see no matter what stealth mission you want to do. This would be a QoL change to ask us not to bring the syndicate operatives and it is much easier to implement than rework or altering the whole AI. It is up to DE what they like to do but they like the bad "archaic" solutions often and they do not really care until many pages of cries happens on a subject. DE is tipically a developer team which do whatever they feel they doing and just partly listen to their community. I am sure they do compare things how could work or not but often it seems they just doesn't want any real QoL changes and instead let us arguing on Forums.

1 hour ago, BaIthazar said:

sometimes you spawn in a tile that gives the operatives a direct line of sight of enemies, and they go crazy with whatever weapon they have alerting everything nearby and already ruining my fun.

people will no doubt ask why this is important.
but I like to search for medallions at my own pace, while stealthed and not having to worry about operatives alerting everything.
and I have multiple clanmates and friends that feel the same way.

if people order operatives to sit in a corner and think about what they've done at the start of a mission there might as well be an option to not bring them in the first place

it would simply be a nice QoL addition but I would very much appreciate this

I completely agree that it would be a nice QoL change.  I do the same thing every time myself.  :D

Probably needs in feedback.    And I agree, it would be nice.   I almost always find a safe place to have them "guard".  IE some closet with a door.    Funny thing about many QoL changes players ask for that have a switch to turn them on or off.     It will still be argued against even though it won't affect the players that don't want it.