Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question about Limbo Rift surge

Arceus_80

I like Limbo, he's my main.
I try to be the least annoying with him I can: I use narrow minded cataclysm, I rarely use stasis unless in dire situations, I try to use dash when I feel like no players will go into my portal

But one thing I cannot comprehend is rift surge
why would someone make rift surge spread into enemies in the material plane, if it doesn't bring them into the rift? Rift surge activates when the enemies LEAVE the rift, not when they're in the material plane, and that means enemies already in the material plane that are surged won't go into the rift

So it only works for banishing an enemy repeatedly.
This seems like a mistake

It's an AoE effect. When they leave the rift, it pulls them and all nearby enemies back into the rift with them. So, think of it like Saryn's Spores as far as it being able to spread to others. It's a way to contagiously bring enemies into the rift without necessarily leaving the rift again yourself. It's more control over your environment that too many Limbo players don't get to take advantage of only because it can make team play difficult. 

Very useful to have his Rift Surge augment on though, your damage can skyrocket by having more people affected.