Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Livestream #11: Sound Q&a July 31 @ 2 Pm!

After Stream - Catalyst Pls! 

I have 5 of those, 4 Forma and 1 Reactor. Guess what I'm rooting for. Although I did buy 570 plat recently so I'm fine really.

The whole point of platinum is that you have to buy it, if you could get free plat, even just a bit to get colour packs and sentinel customisation or inventory or maybe just potatoes then they are losing lots of money. Personally it's fine how it is but they really do need to sort out the drop rates for both resources and mods.

i said free, not easy

Here's something non-sound related in case the stream is hijacked by the usuals again:

I quite like the new Vasto but I don't dare polarise it, lest a Prime version be released somewhere down the line because I already made that mistake with my Orthos and Braton and am very glad I didn't with my Latron. Will there ever be some way to carry polarisations over? Perhaps by destroying the standard version, since It's going to be replaced anyway?

• Upvote 1

Here's something non-sound related in case the stream is hijacked by the usuals again:

I quite like the new Vasto but I don't dare polarise it, lest a Prime version be released somewhere down the line because I already made that mistake with my Orthos and Braton and am very glad I didn't with my Latron. Will there ever be some way to carry polarisations over? Perhaps by destroying the standard version, since It's going to be replaced anyway?

I agree so much, I haven't used a single forma or potato, I have 5 catalysts, 4 forma and a reactor and are saving them all. On top of that I have 500 plat saved as all I have spent it on is colour packs and a few inventory slots. I and almost level 5 now. hopefully there is a workaround before I reach level 6/7.

I know this has nothing to do with sound but could you please tell us the number of participating players in the slingshot event and how many got 250 points or more? I would also like to know what made you qualify for the individual badge reward.

I kill a tomato everytime I cut a Grineer in half D:

Question: I'm very interested in how you make Infested sounds XD

i think suprise buttsex

!! REBECCA !!

CAN YOU PLEASE TRY TO SOUND LESS CANADIAN. I'M PRETTY SURE LOTUS ISN'T CANADIAN.

Question: Will there be more cutscenes in the future? Like the ones in the tutorial wich explains what happens and - most importantly- what happened in the Warframe Universe?

p.s. God bless the Sheldon!

Edited by Zantestsuken

We’ll be taking some questions from the Livestream chat, as well as some prepared beforehand from our Design Council!

So presenting questions here is now useless - I thought you check these topics too... ah well, gotta cry in a corner then. No.

Seriously though: some weapon sounds are changing so much I can't even follow - the vipers for example are still worse than their original state. I mean sure they are small arms but they sound like airsoft pistols now.

Lanka's sound on the other hand is spot on, only the weapon doesn't match the looks of a railgun, charging and all. It could do with a new model with either charging effect or some indicator on the weapon. Actually right now it's pretty hard to guess when it's actually charged when fighting in a challenging combat - no use listening since in the chaos you cannot hear a thing, and looking out for the effect means I have to zoom out every time.

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Edited by K_Shiro

I have always wanted to make this question to musicians working on videogames:

What do you think about the work in this medium (videogames) compared to "normal" music? Are you proud of your works? What are your influences for this game work and in general? What other sound design in a videogame do you admire? Please recommend some albums and artists!

Thank you for your answers.

sedna's boss is female but when you kill her the Lotus(I guess?) said "he" won't be bothering us anymore

why is he instead of she :(

Dude looks like a lady.

Here is my question: "As I know, Corpus is also human, but their language and sounds are the strangest, unlike anything that is familiar to us (male's voice of Grineer, zombie-ish sounds of Infested). So how do you guys come up with this strange language and sounds and also, how do you guys produce these sounds?"

Thanks in advance, DE :)

Edited by NightmareAI

What? A Dev Q&A with the Warframe Sound team!

We will also be giving away three 1000 Platinum Prizes!

Who? George, Jeff, and Travis, members of our sound team, join Rebecca on the couch to chat about the Sounds of Warframe.

When? July 31st at 2 PM EDT! Check your timezone here: http://www.timeandda.../converter.html

Where? http://www.twitch.tv/warframe

We’ll be taking some questions from the Livestream chat, as well as some prepared beforehand from our Design Council!

See everyone there

Beast! now about that platinum..... that's what I am talking about

My question is... How did you guys make the gun sounds effects? Did you use real weapons, or was it through creative ingenuity?