Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Coming Bounty Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Hello Tenno!

We are making changes to the way Bounties reward you! This new system is a take on the 'AABC' rotation system we have in endless missions, but applied to Bounties using the Common, Uncommon, and Rare rewards. Maybe you heard about this on the Devstream 100 - you probably did. Lots of people have been asking 'WHEN' for this, and I'm happy to say it's coming with tomorrow's Update on PC (which also launches Operation: Plague Star)! Console Tenno, I do not have a set ETA yet but we'll let you know. 

Read through this to familiarize yourself with what's coming. 

First and most noticeable:
You now get a reward for every stage of the Bounty completed! Yup. Pretty simple.

Second and more technical:
The tier of reward you get is determined by how many stages are in the given Bounty. The Common/Uncommon/Rare tier are signified by colour in the reward manifest Bronze/Silver/Gold. 

3 Stage Bounties:
First reward: Common
Second reward: Common or Uncommon
Third reward: Common, Uncommon, or Rare

4 Stage Bounties:
Third reward: Common, Uncommon
Fourth reward: Common, Uncommon, or Rare

5 Stage Bounties:
Fifth reward: Common, Uncommon, or Rare

Third: 
We have slightly re-balanced the quantities of some of the rewards as we tested numerous Bounties with these changes. Right now this only applies to select items. Plains of Eidolon specific reward quantities are untouched (i.e it could be possible to get 25 x Breath of the Eidolon in a single 5 Stage Bounty or 10  6 Cetus Wisps in a 5 Stage Bounty). 

Finally:
Thanks for your patience everyone! As you would imagine overall this system has been significantly more rewarding in our tests! Let us know what you think once it's live, and the notes will have final change information on quantities as we go through final fine-tuning tonight.

4 minutes ago, PsychoSunshine said:

Can we take relics off of the drop tables, at least for high-level bounties? It feels horrible to feel like I've wasted 30 minutes of my time for a relic many of us don't need.

You hate it now, but when the next prime access comes along you might be singing a different tune. So far, only the latest prime access relics are in these tables, so when the next one roles around you have something to farm to cut down on RNG. If you get a relic, it is the one you are looking for.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have slightly re-balanced the quantities of some of the rewards as we tested numerous Bounties with these changes. Right now this only applies to select items. Plains of Eidolon specific reward quantities are untouched (i.e it could be possible to get 25 x Breath of the Eidolon in a single 5 Stage Bounty or 10 Cetus Wisps in a 5 Stage Bounty).

Looks awesome overall! Can we get more specific information about what quantities were changed?

neato toledo

29 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Second and more technical:
The tier of reward you get is determined by how many stages are in the given Bounty. The Common/Uncommon/Rare tier are signified by colour in the reward manifest Bronze/Silver/Gold.

Hmm, as is being pointed out by fellow Tenno, I am curious if we might see something like this? Of course with appropriately weighted math for chance and reward quantities.

3 Stage Bounties:

• 1st reward: Common
  • 2nd reward: Common/Uncommon
  • 3rd reward: Uncommon/Rare

4 Stage Bounties:

• 3rd reward: Common/Uncommon
  • 4th reward: Uncommon/Rare

5 Stage Bounties:

• 3rd reward: Common/Uncommon
  • 4th reward: Uncommon/Rare
  • 5th reward: Uncommon/Rare

im sorry i think you ment
5 Stage Bounties:
Fifth reward: Common, Uncommon, or Rare

^^^^^^^^^ not that one rofl

1 minute ago, The_Madman_of_Chaos said:

You hate it now, but when the next prime access comes along you might be singing a different tune. So far, only the latest prime access relics are in these tables, so when the next one roles around you have something to farm to cut down on RNG. If you get a relic, it is the one you are looking for.

This aspect is not lost on me, not even when I was writing the comment, but when I'm doing high-level bounties, I'm after rewards I can use to progress in the systems introduced in the plains. Even the kuva reward feels rewarding. There are plenty of other ways to get relics, too. The relic is also in the same tier of reward as the thing I actually want: the Eidolon lens. This makes the fact I got a relic sting even more.

Archived