[DE]Rebecca

20 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

5 Stage Bounties:
First reward: Common
Second reward: Common or Uncommon
Third reward: Common, Uncommon
Fourth reward: Common, Uncommon, or Rare
Fifth reward: Common, Uncommon, or Rare

Just spitballing here, but I'd like to see if "Fifth reward: Uncommon or Rare" would be too generous

Is it fair to assume you'll keep a close eye on certain quantities of resources dropping from bounties? 2 wisps for a stage against level 60 enemies still feels...underwhelming in my opinion. And as a guy above me mentioned, the final stage shouldn't drop common loot, just uncommon or rare. Looking forward to the event tomorrow!

@[DE]Rebecca, just to point this out, this is what I've been asking for regarding Sortie rewarding per-mission (though you may want to rearrange the loot order and maybe restrict some loot for full Sortie completion, but the general means to do this can be culled from this Bounty change). 

Given that, a suggestion for Sorties: Some Spoilers for 2nd Dream and War Within present.

Spoiler

-To have three different Sorties.
The first consists of three missions, having rewards like Reactor or Catalyst, Endo, Ayatans, and whatever's not 2nd Dream or War Within related. 
Level ranges would be from 40 (first mission) to 60 (last mission).

The second consists of four missions, adding Focus Lenses and Focus counterpart to the Sortie-only Ayatan.
Level ranges would be from 60 (first mission) to 100 (last mission).

The third consists of five missions, adding Kuva and Rivens to the loot table but taking away the first Sortie's rewards (except boosters, Ayatan, and Focus-Ayatan).
Level ranges would be from 100 (first mission) to 150 (last mission).
-Each mission rewards one item from each Sorties' loot tables, like with the Bounty changes you hinted at in Devstream 100.

39 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

4 Stage Bounties:

5 Stage Bounties:

:poop:Why do this...

take off last common reward. add 1or2 items into drops pool.

22 minutes ago, ThatOddDeer said:

We need another way to get Breath of the Eidolon. Even if its similar to Cetus Wisp in pacing of acquisition. 

I'd suggest an extractor like in Excavation, but I don't think the Ostron are gonna take lightly to us dropping mining rigs on the plains and drilling for gas.

My only input is to remove common from 3rd(or 4th) and so reward tables.
Since they are usually geared towards new players and can be extremely frustrating to get on your 3rd stage, due to RNG.

This makes 3+ stage bounties more appetizing for end game players and rewarding for regulars who want a challenge. Not to mention that it would devalue bounties with more stages a bit, much like players just rather start a defense mission all over again instead of going beyond 20 minutes or so. Which also brings me to the question, if you folks are going to introduce Nightmare/ extremely high level and challenging bounties? With a lot of stages and whatnot.

PS: While i get that the devs are trying to extend the time it takes to farm everything and be done with the game, i think also that your RNG system sort of works in a way that makes that effort not work as intended and sometimes it can be extremely damaging and leave some peps burned out.

It is also a bit ambiguous as to how much of a change went on reducing quantities of "certain" items, so i can't really give my input without knowing how much we actuality get now.

30 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

(i.e it could be possible to get 25 x Breath of the Eidolon in a single 5 Stage Bounty or 10 Cetus Wisps in a 5 Stage Bounty)

PLEASE LEAVE THIS.

This specific reason is why I have not bothered with bounties since a week now. There is no other way to get breath of the eidolon and I really wanted to be able to possibly farm 25 per bounty if I'm lucky. This is a perfect change. It would make me enjoy bounties 1000000 times more

Sounds better, but I would still make it different

5 Stage Bounties:
Third reward: Common (- chance), Uncommon (+chance)
Fourth reward: Common (--chance), Uncommon (++chance), or Rare (low chance)
Fifth reward:  Uncommon or Rare (higher chance)

Plus messing with the reward tables themselves. A rare drop from a 3 stages bounty could appear as uncommon (or even common, unless you really think morphicis is worth wasting time on) on a 5 stage bounty

Kinda like refined relics......except refined relics don't work, but the idea still stands.

My only reasonable change I would like to see made is that the Relic rewards in each bounty become a random one, not unlike how you made Relics random based on mission type. So instead of a x% chance of getting that specific relic on the table, it becomes x%/Y where Y is how many random relics are on the table. Sort of like how you did the Eidolon Lenses. While appreciated with the relic chance, a lot of friends go "great, ANOTHER V6" or what have you when getting the relic drop.

Still not sure about this.  Final part of bounty still has common drops as an an option. It is already a ridiculous grind to get the rare rewards.  This will give us more of the common and uncommon rewards, but what the players are grinding for is the rare drops.  Unless you are an very experienced player, the 5 reward bounties are out of reach and as such it looks like it is still going to be an ugly grind for the rares.  

45 minutes ago, ThatOddDeer said:

We need another way to get Breath of the Eidolon. Even if its similar to Cetus Wisp in pacing of acquisition. 

trading in sentient cores for that would be nice. so many cores with so little, if nothing to do with them...

56 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

4 Stage Bounties:

5 Stage Bounties:

that means rares from t5 bounties are easier to get than rares from t4 bounties since we get 2 rolls? bit weird

Think what's going to really matter is how uncommon and rare said rewards are. If the rates are gonna be as they are now I'd say you might as well not bother until that's addressed, because they seem rather wack. Never seen a rare reward, seen one uncommon, and the rest were common. This was from multiple bounty runs, not just one or two. I ended up not playing any more because it simply wasn't worth my time or running the risk of becoming tired and bored of PoE and its bounties already.

Also, common should really be removed from the last tier to really give it that umph of 'last stage Tenno, get to it!'.

Archived