Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Coming Bounty Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Nice changes DE, we've been wanting this for so long, thank you for making this change happen.

Would love to see the lower end rewards removed from the drop tables, as I and many others feel like they have waster their time doing a bounty that takes 15~ minutes to complete when they get those rewards. And the last thing you want as a team is to make your players feel like they are wasting time.

But overall well done

giphy.gif

@[DE]Rebecca
Great news! Finally, thanks to all of your hard work over there, been looking forward to this change and now only a day left to see it. Always liked the bounty structure and the plains setting and grineer enemies, just felt like it was missing this one change, so now it'll easily become one of my favourite activities to do in Warframe \o/

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

(i.e it could be possible to get 25 x Breath of the Eidolon in a single 5 Stage Bounty or 10  6 Cetus Wisps in a 5 Stage Bounty). 

Errr, so the Wisps are a rare reward now? Because 6 doesn't add up other rarity tier amounts. 5 common, 4 uncommon, can't spread 6 wisps there, only on rare which are 2.

1 hour ago, DARK_EXENON said:

Nice changes DE, we've been wanting this for so long, thank you for making this change happen.

Would love to see the lower end rewards removed from the drop tables, as I and many others feel like they have waster their time doing a bounty that takes 15~ minutes to complete when they get those rewards. And the last thing you want as a team is to make your players feel like they are wasting time.

But overall well done

giphy.gif

I agree - Some of those lower end mods and credit caches are pretty silly rewards and i wish they were not there either BUT overall i think this will cause me to actually DO bounties now instead of avoid them like the plague. (heh jokes)

If I'm reading this right, would it not be optimal to spam low level bounties because they give you the earliest access to a rare reward?(third mission in, whereas the higher level bounties make you wait until 4th and 5th mission?)

Either way, these changes sound great. Can't wait!

5 Stage Bounties:
First reward: Common
Second reward: Common or Uncommon
Third reward: Common, Uncommon
Fourth reward: Common, Uncommon, or Rare
Fifth reward: Common, Uncommon, or Rare

I'm not sure about this. On a veeery unlucky run, you might get 5 common rewards. Probably credits. I know it's a super unlucky situation, but wouldn't be better if we left the "common" rewards out of the fourth, or at least the fifth reward?

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The notes will have final change information on quantities as we go through final fine-tuning tonight.

Will tomorrow's update includes fixes for the revived crashes and new bugs introduced by hotfix 22.2.5.1? With revived crashes like gate to plains won't open, ram memory spike etc will prevent many players from enjoying the operation, in which most has no problem until hotfix 22.2.5.1 which messed up our game again like when PoE first launched.

I hope this will be rectified in time for the operation.

41 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

If I'm reading this right, would it not be optimal to spam low level bounties because they give you the earliest access to a rare reward?(third mission in, whereas the higher level bounties make you wait until 4th and 5th mission?)

Either way, these changes sound great. Can't wait!

Well, but the rare reward for the lower bounties is like, a relic. Most people are after the rare rewards from the higher-tier bounties like Eidolon lenses and set mods.

4 hours ago, Robbery525 said:

Removing the common rewards from the final stage in 4/5 stage bounties will feel much more rewarding to players, and it would likely cause more to play bounties for more than just the standing amount. In fact, it may even be fine to keep the common reward on the final stage of a 4-stage bounty if the third reward has a chance for the rare as well (this seems pretty fair).**

Personally I don't mind having common rewards in the 4 and 5 stages of the higher tier bounties, especially because of the fact that we've got relics and crafting components in as those commons. Rather than just getting an Eidolon Lens or a rare mod we'll end up having 50 copies of in the long run. 

People are only looking at these as.. "eww they're common".. but when in actuality they're the most useful of the bunch. I don't need a 5th copy of Vigilante Offense, Ill happily take the relic that may have vaulted prime items on it, or the Breath of the Eidolon that I can use to craft my arcanes. Lets not let the classification fool us, rare doesn't always mean better.. especially not when its a bounty you run several times a day, if not in a week, or even a month. 

7 hours ago, The_Madman_of_Chaos said:

You hate it now, but when the next prime access comes along you might be singing a different tune. So far, only the latest prime access relics are in these tables, so when the next one roles around you have something to farm to cut down on RNG. If you get a relic, it is the one you are looking for.

Yeah, right... Unless they change it so that it's a *random* Axi relic, it's still worthless. The last thing they'll remember when the new PA comes out is to change the bounty reward to the new relic.

1 hour ago, Operative_Shift said:

People are only looking at these as.. "eww they're common".. but when in actuality they're the most useful of the bunch. I don't need a 5th copy of Vigilante Offense, Ill happily take the relic that may have vaulted prime items on it, or the Breath of the Eidolon that I can use to craft my arcanes. Lets not let the classification fool us, rare doesn't always mean better.. especially not when its a bounty you run several times a day, if not in a week, or even a month. 

You can just do 1 to 3 stage for High chance.

Instead of giving us useless mods or credit caches (well, beyond Bounty 1 and Bounty 2 anyway, as those are good rewards for new players), try adding the fishing and mining parts too. While I DO like both activities, LOTS of people hate them and would rather do Bounties with a chance at getting that Azurite they need, than run around looking for mining nodes.

Archived