Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework idea.

exturkconner

I've been thinking about this for awhile and I don't know she just screams to need a rework to me.

Her 2 is ok, and he 3 is useful to a team. But her four is terrible and her one is valkyrs without the added benefit of faster travel in some scenarios.

So I was trying to think of what she could really use to be a better playing frame. Being as she isn't very tanky some sort of CC or defensive ability would seem to be in order.

So here is what I would suggest in changing her abilities.

Her one you can still call it pull but I'd like to see it's entire function changed to make it a proper minor crowd control ability. I'd like to see when you cast it the enemy is affected by a magnetic field and is drawn into the nearest object. While held by that field they would flail about and not be able to attack. Maybe make it possible that if the nearest object is another enemy you get two for one so this becomes her minor crowd control.

Her two I would change because I think her current two has a lot of potential to be even better. Her second would become Magnetic Field. She magnetizes herself with a field that prevents projectiles from hitting her. Much like Zephyrs ability. Gives her a defensive ability. 

Her three stays the same. Maybe even you make it do both what it used to and what it does now have it strip armor and shields.

Her four would be a rework of magnetize. Make it bigger frosts snow globe size. Have it either draw enemies in, or at least not allow them to escape when inside. Have the damage multiplied not only by projectiles but by all objects inside the field. And have the strength of the blast affected by the amount of total damage shot into the bubble while it's up. 

I think this would make for a mag that would be a much more useful team member and also much more doable to play as a solo person.

Thanks for the time in reading this.

Edited by exturkconner

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

She only needs her 3rd to scale better and her 4th to cast faster or make it only 1 tick instead of 3.

I think you must have that backwards? Her 4 does basically no damage at medium or high levels just doesn't scale at all its a fixed number and it's low. And her three works fine you spam it a couple of times and everything is stripped of armor at any level.

1 minute ago, exturkconner said:

I think you must have that backwards? Her 4 does basically no damage at medium or high levels just doesn't scale at all its a fixed number and it's low. And her three works fine you spam it a couple of times and everything is stripped of armor at any level.

More like you have it backwards coz all damage skills tickle enemies at high level and we only make use of the CC, that's why we want Crush to cast faster. Her 3rd however have shield and armor strip and can be very useful even in lvl 100 if it scales better.

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

More like you have it backwards coz all damage skills tickle enemies at high level and we only make use of the CC, that's why we want Crush to cast faster. Her 3rd however have shield and armor strip and can be very useful even in lvl 100 if it scales better.

Guess we are just going to have to disagree on this one. I don't see crush as anything resembling effective crowd control no matter how quickly it's cast. 

And as I see it her 3 works plenty well as it is. 

She is good where she is in the game, but there is something that I am kinda wanting, I made a post in the earlier weeks of PoE about Mag and I figured this out...

She really is fun to use, But she dies like she is a balloon being popped by a needle, I put on All the shield mods, just to compensate for that, sacraficed all power strength and yeah, she still is quite squishy, but easier to play, she needs a huge survivability buff, all though the prime has 450 max shields, it doesn't really help in the long run. I got one shot by Bounty 4 enemies, you know butchers and the jet pack dudes with hammers.

If you wanna check my rant on mag i suggest, looking at it. Overall her fourth is good CC, her second is pretty good CC and good for stopping flying enemies, First is good with the augment and also CC, and her third is more of a complete trash ability, and then the worst thing is, is that she survives literally nothing. I suggest not building for power strength.

Mag’s augment for Polarize, Shield Transference, needs a rework/update to match its current incarnation. It is severely lacking because it only benefits from one enemy faction but doesn’t balance out and reap benefits whenever she strips armor off from any other faction unit.

I’ve detailed my complaint about the augment here: 

If you look at her abilities in isolation, sure, they're all meh. You need to combo them, most of them synergize and outshine many other frames' abilities. I don't think Mag needs much rework. The only tweaks I'd like to see is a slightly larger energy pool (so that Flow isn't mandatory), and perhaps shorter cast time of her 4th .