July 29Th: Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

Trading: A proposal!

In Livestream # 10 Steve talked a lot about trading. The constraints remain that we can’t have a system that is exploitable. A possible integration of trading that has been discussed deals with Mods. This can potentially be done in two ways:

Converting unwanted mods into a new mod at random. (Got 4 Slash Dash’s? Trade them with Crazy Carl and see what he gives you for them!)

Got a fully maxed Hornet Strike? Post it for set Platinum and another Tenno out there may take it off your hands for your listed price, earning you Platinum in the process.

We will update as more info emerges.  

New Mission Types?

We hear loud and clear that new mission type are desired by our players. We did an event this weekend that incorporated some twists on existing missions which is something we’d like to continue for our events. The team’s current priority is improving existing Mission Tpes before adding an entirely new mission to the bunch.

Clan Emblems: Progress!

Since the last Hot Topics we’ve added a new “Preview” ability to this customization option. If you upload what you wish to be your Clan Emblem, you can now preview it on Excalibur before you submit your Emblem.

A lot of people have been commenting and asking on the nature of monetizing these cosmetic options, with criticisms emerging on implementation and price. The Clan Emblem system is cosmetic, we are making improvements along the way to how it is presented (previews), but the system itself is fully cosmetic. Between bandwidth and manual screening, we need to prevent upload abuse while still offering this customization option.

Strict NAT Issues:

Our July 11th Hot Topics mentioned Strict NAT, the information is relevant this week to those affected:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/76987-july-11th-community-hot-topics/

This is still very relevant to those affected.

Continued Sound Changes

We have a Livestream this Wednesday with the Sound Team where we will discuss the past hot topics and comments about Sound in Warframe.  See you at 2 PM!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/87871-livestream-11-sound-qa-july-31-2-pm/

Operation Sling-Stone: Results!

All winnings have been added to contributing Tenno accounts. See here for full details: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/87915-operation-sling-stone-results/

Will update as the week progresses!

Update:

Nightmare Mode Changes

Changes are always in the works, one that I can confirm right now is that "minimap-less mode" is being disabled as a permutation for Nightmare Mode in the future.

You forgot Primed Chamber for everyone & Buff Braton Vandal Hot Topics.. but you always do.. strange.

We've commented on both these things within their respective threads, I'll nudge the devs on if they have anything to add at this time.

Strict NAT Issues:

Our July 11th Hot Topics mentioned Strict NAT, the information is relevant this week to those affected:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/76987-july-11th-community-hot-topics/

This is still very relevant to those affected.

No it isn't. This last set of updates introduced performance issues that do not provide strict NAT warnings. I only really play with one other person reliably, but cannot because he can't join me and I can't play in his games because they spontaneously develop tremendous lag.

Also, you left out the monstrousity that is mapless/objectiveless nightmare mode.

Edited by Kyrkitao

Thanks DE. the event was great! I really hope those new mission types really add tot he team play like the fomorian ships did. I got a friend working on our clan emblem. can't wait to test it out.

as for trading, I am looking forward to trading anything at all, but I would really like to see resource/component trading more than most things. any ideas on that?

All of these trading ideas are excellent, like trading mods/weapons for mods/weapons, trading things for platinum/credits, and trading resources. However, what about trading blueprints? This would be very useful as far as warframes and seer/cronus.

No it isn't. This last set of updates introduced performance issues that do not provide strict NAT warnings. I only really play with one other person reliably, but cannot because he can't join me and I can't play in his games because they spontaneously develop tremendous lag.

Also, you left out the monstrousity that is mapless/objectiveless nightmare mode.

As a workaround, our entire clan has downloaded and uses Evolve solely because of this Strict NAT issue (which I have never encountered with any of the other 23 games in my Steam Library). This allows all our friends to warframe it up all the time!!!! 

"Got a fully maxed Hornet Strike? Post it for set Platinum and another Tenno out there may take it off your hands for your listed price, earning you Platinum in the process"

Learn from Diablo 3. Don't implement any way to get platinum. If you do i hope I dont see posts like Hornet Strike Starting bid 1,000/buyout 1,000,000,000 platinum.

Platinum should only be bought with real money. Please don't ruin your economy.

I know DE is worried about an exploitable/abuseable trading system but they really need to just suck it up because we really need a trading system, a legit trading system, not an auction house.

You don't want people to abuse the starting platinum by making a billion accounts? Then don't let platinum get in the mix, make trades only available for blueprints/mods/resources, for instance: Subject A has 3 Nyx Helmet Blueprints and 5 Nyx Chassis Blueprints, Subject B has 2 Nyx System Blueprints and 8 Orokin Cells, Subject A agrees to trade 1 Nyx Helmet Blueprint and 1 Nyx Chassis Blueprint for 1 Nyx System Blueprint and 1 Orokin Cell, Subject B agrees to the trade and now instead of farming Phorid 20 more times they can both make Nyx(assuming they have the resources to build the parts).

You could say that Subject A and/or Subject B would have eventually become frustrated and bought Nyx for 225/450 platinum but I mean.. it's not like the drop rates are RIGGED to make people buy platinum, we're not talking about EA here.... right?

In all seriousness the only item that you can buy for platinum in that trade is an orokin cell for 10 platinum, which wasn't even possible pre-update 9. How many people have you seen complain about the alert system? "Ugh, ALL I needed was the Vauban Systems and an alert for it showed up while I was at work/at school/sleeping, now I'll NEVER get Vauban" Don't worry there, Jimmy, Mikey did the alert and all he wants for the blueprint is some fusion cores so he can finally level up his Vitality mod!

tl;dr We need a legit trading system, we don't care if we can't trade stuff you can buy for platinum(except for resources) just let us trade blueprints/mods/resources.

Im mentioning this everywhere because the whole reason for the emblem was to see your thing on-screen. They only are showing up when you are hosting. When not hosting you get the default dirty lotus emblem.

And how about giving the folks that bought in early one free resubmit on their emblems since they didnt get a chance to preview them?

Im mentioning this everywhere because the whole reason for the emblem was to see your thing on-screen. They only are showing up when you are hosting. When not hosting you get the default dirty lotus emblem.

And how about giving the folks that bought in early one free resubmit on their emblems since they didnt get a chance to preview them?

Dirty lotus?  Go on...

Trading: A proposal!

In Livestream # 10 Steve talked a lot about trading. The constraints remain that we can’t have a system that is exploitable. A possible integration of trading that has been discussed deals with Mods. This can potentially be done in two ways:

Converting unwanted mods into a new mod at random. (Got 4 Slash Dash’s? Trade them with Crazy Carl and see what he gives you for them!)

Got a fully maxed Hornet Strike? Post it for set Platinum and another Tenno out there may take it off your hands for your listed price, earning you Platinum in the process.

We will update as more info emerges.  

I reallllllly like this idea.  I would be very pleased if you rolled this out.

What of the Great Warframe buff? Frost in particular. I was rather disappointed that he wasn't even mentioned in the last 2 livestreams because his powers clearly need buffing:

1) Freeze is easy to miss with sometimes, especially at mid-long range, far TOO easily cancelled by stray bullets, has only negligible damage scaling with mod level, which makes anything above rank 0 wasted mod points and only works on one target for some arbitrary reason. Make it a hit-scan blast with an AoE knockdown effect that deals some damage to those caught in the blast radius and none to the primary target who most importantly, cannot be prematurely thawed.

2) Ice Wave and Avalanche only have damage going for them and if any target happens to survive (which happens a hell of a lot more as of Update 9!) then I'm left thinking "wasted energy!" Make them armour-ignoring! At the very least, give them some lasting CC effect, like Ice Wave ragdollises enemies (they were after all, just skewered on ice spikes!) because it's especially galling that survivors don't so much as flinch and just go back to shooting/clawing me unabated, like pressing 4 only made them briefly forget what they came in here for!

Cool...so, any input on armor scalling? Longswords being crap? Being able so sell more than 1 unit at once?

Those issues are pretty old...

And The Darkness 3. Make it happen.

Edited by LukEduBR

Forgive me if this is supposed to be meantioned elsewhere, because I'm still trying to find anything on this site.  I heard through a friend a possibility of there being a necro warframe.  It occured to me that if it had a minion summoning skill that shared the crush ability's upgradeable range, but limited the player to between 5 - 10 minions and used the leftover bodies that were in the area it would work well with a MAG team member.  It may even make a very nasty yet efficient combo.  GW1 gave their necros the ability to summon minions as long as there was bodies in the area and the number was only limited by that character's stats, but I don't see how having more than 10 minions at most would be of much benefit in Warframe.

I was also thinking that the warframe skill could essentially function much like the crush skill in that the minions would get summoned all at once if there was enough bodies in the area.  Just a thought.

Beside direct trading the only thing i'd think could work is the 'flip thingy'...

But hell not 4 vs 1 random!

A 2:1 ratio would be ok and we should be able to choose the polarity we want from the new one and, based on rarity we should always obtain the same rarity result with a small chance to be higher tier.

On the other hand an NPC trader for mats would be welcome too!

PS: Plastids are hell rare, even more than old Alloy Plates!

edit: Consider separating stats from aesthetic on Alternate Helmets, many of us like 1 thing and dislike the other... separating them would make everyone happy and i'm sure many more will buy Helmets for plats! Plz consider this question!!

Edited by Phoenix86